“Your BEST option for a Disneyland vacation”
Review of Park Vue Inn

and 1 more site!
Park Vue Inn
Ranked #11 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Vancouver, Canada
“Your BEST option for a Disneyland vacation”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed March 3-8, 2014. Double Queen Mini Suite

I have 2 young boys that need their afternoon naps, so location was primary in deciding what hotel I wanted. We chose Park Vue Inn because a) location, b) price was VERY reasonable c) Tripadvisor reviews were good.

We were on the ground floor, relatively close to reception. So here are a couple of our observations / recommendations:

If you have a stroller (we have a double), I'd advise a room on the 1st floor. You stay at PVI because you want to come and go to DL at our leisure. Do you really want to lug your stroller up and down the stairs each time?

Breakfast is fantastic! Scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausages, bacon, waffle station, + the normal cereals and drinks. Whoever is complaining about the breaky here has to put things in perspective. This isn't a $400/n Four Seasons.

Plenty of parking and the staff here are top-notch.

Lastly, I want to comment on the room. It was fully stocked, beds were among the comfiest I've ever slept on, and wifi was fast (though it did require you to relogin every 24hrs). My only complaint is the carpet. It was vacuumed and appeared clean, but 5 minutes walking around in white socks revealed a much different story. No biggie for me as I can walk around in shoes. But I really didn't want my kids to be playing on that floor. I understand that the hotel is going through some refurbishments right now (we didn't see any), so perhaps this will be addressed. I didn't want to downgrade my rated from 5 to 4 because of this because the overall experience was great, but I am visiting DL again in 6 months and would like my same room here.... but only if they deal with those nasty carpets.

Cheers everyone.

Room Tip: If you have a stroller, get the ground floor. The noise that other reviewers commented on wasn't...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank TheFacs
Argenis P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for all the kind words about our staff, the property and the services. Regarding your concern, we do steam clean every carpet every month. However most people do wear shoes in the room so they are hard to keep spotless. We are having new carpet installed this May along with the new furniture. We appreciate your business and we hope you will consider the Park Vue Inn again on your next trip to Disneyland.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
Livermore, California
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We have a family of 5. The first night we stayed in a room with a queen and a bunk bed which was fine but the second night they moved our things for us at our request while we were at the park to a room with a bunk and 2 queens. Way more comfortable. We used the pool and hot tub which were okay but nothing special. The free breakfast is a big plus. Waffles, eggs, cereal and bagels. Bacon or sausage too. I think this was a great added value to the hotel. Staff was really friendly. We could see the Disneyland fireworks from our window and I think every room probably had that view. It's one of the closest hotels walkable to the park. We will probably book there again if we don't stay in the resort.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank tobshan
Argenis P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Park Vue Inn for your Disney vacation stay. We are very pleased that you and your family had a great stay. We hope to have you stay with us again on your next visit to Anaheim.
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Make no mistake ... This is not a Luxury Hotel. However, the rooms were clean, efficient, and affordable. The staff was polite, accommodating and helpful. But the biggest and best selling point is that it is literally right across the street from Disneyland. We walked both days ... It is maybe a 2 minute walk .... And watched the fireworks show from the breakfast balcony. Speaking of breakfast, the continental breakfast is standard - nothing special but it is also efficient and the staff keeps the room clean. Would stay here again (unless somebody wants to help pay to stay in the park).

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Joseph C
Thank you for writing a very succinct review of your experience. Thank you for the kind words about our staff and facilities. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again.
Sacramento
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Right across the street from the main gate Disney entrance. We've stayed in many hotels on S Harbor all within a city block of the crosswalk to the main entrance. This is probably in our top 3, depending on what you are looking for.

Pros: There are many room layout options and can accommodate just about any family need. The hotel is older, but rooms have recent updates and were very clean.The front desk staff were all exceptional and helpful-the best on the block. The room had a dorm size fridge and a microwave. The gift shop/store was well stocked and open late- a plus when your kids decide they are hungry at 10pm and you don't want to make the walk down the block.

Cons: The walls are very thin and each morning we could hear the kids next door wake up and parents talk if they were near the adjoining door. Not too much a problem for us- we were at Disneyland! We could hear them squeal with glee about meeting Mickey. There is no elevator at the property if that is something that you need.

Other info: There is a breakfast daily that is located on a second floor balcony. It is typical fare- eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal and toast. Nothing spectacular, but could help you save a few bucks. This hotel has a small pool that did not seem to be heated.

Room Tip: Book well ahead to get the room configuration that suites your family.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sactotrip
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate your feedback, as this helps us to better our services. Hopefully we will continue to rank high with your family. We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The location of this hotel is perfect for people visiting Disneyland, especially with kids. It is the closest hotel to the entrance of Disneyland, Literally across the street. The rooms are decent, you get what you pay for, but the location is totally worth it. The bunk beds are a big hit with the kids, and the free hot breakfast was awesome, great way to save some $$$$. The pool was nice as well. Overall you can't beat this location for this price.

Room Tip: Queen size room with bunk bed is a big hit with the kids.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Plantman24
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are so please you and your family had a great stay a the Park Vue Inn.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I read so many reviews on this hotel that were favourable, I was sure it would be great even though I knew it was considered budget. I had phoned once and emailed once to request a second floor room near the back because we wanted to be somewhat away from the busy parking lot. We were so disappointed to arrive quite late and be given the first room beside the lobby on the ground floor! It was very small, musty and not at all private. If you open the curtains, there are a bunch of headlights shining in! The nice kid at the front desk was apologetic, but could do nothing to help because the rest of the hotel was fully booked and he explained rooms were not assigned in advance so he was sorry that my requests had not been honoured, but that I should have been told that in advance (I had been told thank you for the requests and the staff would do their best). I know you are not in your room much at all in Disneyland, but when on holiday I still want a bit more of a nice hotel experience. The next day I went straight to the Sheraton and the Howard Johnson and discovered their rates were very close to what we were paying so we moved to the Howard Johnson and absolutely loved it. The only difference was no breakfast, but it was worth it. Park Vue's breakfast is pretty good, as described by others and perhaps those back rooms are more spacious and comfortable, but be clear that this is a dated motel and being directly across the street may not be all it is cracked up to be. I was actually happy to walk 10 minutes away from the crowd to be in a quieter location and have the full service hotel experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Erin D
Argenis P, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you were not satisfied with your experience, however I'm happy you found a suitable alternative for the remainder of your stay. We are in the process of upgrading our guest rooms and the transformation will be complete in May of this year. Hopefully you will take a second look when planning your next vacation to Disneyland. We look forward to the opportunity to be of better service.
Aloha, Oregon
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Over the years I've stayed at many of the hotels surrounding Disneyland. I've stayed at the Park Vue more often than other hotels in recent years, and the reason why is simple: it's a great place to stay!

The only time I've been disappointed with this hotel is when there was refurbishments going on while they upgraded the rooms, and I had to stay in a room with a handicapped shower, that I just didn't know how to use without water spreading across the floor, and into the adjoining kitchenette area.

Everything else at this hotel has been great. The breakfast is superb, and plentiful, allowing me to save money by not eating breakfast at the parks. The distance to the resort is fantastic, and seemingly closer than any other hotel, including the ones on Disney property.

Don't let the Grand Californian fool you. While there are some rooms up front close to the exit into Downtown Disney, the Grand Californian is a huge hotel, and most of the rooms are far from the exit point, making the rooms a further distance from the park than the Park Vue Inn is.

The amenities at the Park Vue, while being better previously (they used to drop off a gift basket with wine, bottles of water, and fruit in your room upon check in. They also used to give complementary bottles of water out at the front desk. They even had a complimentary light dinner available at the hotel, which would save you more money if you decided to take advantage of it.) are still nice, because I do like a fresh cookie from time to time, and the front desk often has them. The juice choices in the lobby are just fine, and welcome on a hot day, too. Even better, although check in isn't until 3 PM, they WILL let you place your bags in storage in a room adjoined to the lobby, and even bring your bags to your room for you before you even check in, in case you get to the hotel early, and want to spend the day in the park.

It's a great place to go, and I'm a little pissed that my wife purchased a time share last time we stayed, because now we'll be staying at the stupid time share hotel, which isn't as nice, and is a lot further away from the parks than I'd like to be staying, because I don't want to have to deal with the ART late at night, and run the risk of having to walk back a mile or two to the hotel I'll be staying at from now on.

In the end, the Park Vue Inn is a great place to stay loaded with great workers, great breakfast, a location that can't be beat, and of course singing ice cream slingers downstairs at Cold Stone Creamery. The workers there even recognized my family and I over time, because we'd stay there once or twice a year. The place will be missed once the city of Anaheim tears it down for the proposed trolly or light rail service they've been mulling over for the last decade.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't have a handicap bathroom. You'll slide out into the kitchenette...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family