Park Vue Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
2,232 results
All reviewsgift basketwafflescold stone creameryacross the streetfree breakfastbunk bedsmain entrancedisneyland entranceclosest hotelfresh fruitcan't beat the locationno elevatorvisiting disneylandhot itemsthe breakfast areadouble queenwe've stayed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2013

DISCUS TING! I am shocked and appalled. We stayed with our 3 children in May 2013. I am also 6 months pregnant. We came back from Disneyland to shower the kids and put them to bed. We walked into the bathroom only to find the BIGGEST ROACH! Shocking! My 5 year old cried her eyes out after it ran accross her feet. She refused to sleep there one more night. We went to the front desk and spoke with the clerk, she said, sorry, not much I can do about. it! WHAT!??? I checked out that night and found a room down the street. When I went in and spoke with the manager, he said "well its not acceptable, but what do you want me to do about it? He refunded my money for the night, but not without a rude attitude. I WOULD NEVER stay there again. It really made our trip quite difficult. NOBODY wants to come back to their room at 10pm with 3 small children and pack all their stuff and move hotels. UGLY roaches, ugly customer service and really filthy floors. (My kids feet were black from walking on the carpet) They didn't want to refund my money till I mentioned the health department and showed them the picture of the HUGE ROACH! Message me for a picture of the ROACH!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank jenny f
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to extend an additional apology to you and your family. However, I need to set the record straight. This review is disappointing for me to read considering that my staff was very accommodating by all accounts including those from guests that witnessed my staff trying to resolve this situation. I offered you a full refund based on the account of your experience documented by my staff and made that decision before I spoke to you. I don’t recall you threatening me with anything in any way. I am truly sorry your daughter was upset to the point of you wanting to check out of the hotel. We offered to move you to another room that same night and you declined, so my staff phoned a neighboring hotel for you to arrange a reservation. When you returned to the hotel the following day you received a full refund and a very sincere apology from me. In addition to your refund I treated your family to Cold Stone Ice Cream as a show of good faith that I truly desired to make this situation right. You thanked me and mentioned that “you weren’t trying to get something for free.” I’m not sure how or when I was being rude; after all you agreed that the refund I offered you was fair. The day after your encounter we had Eco Lab inspect that room and the nearby rooms and they did not find evidence of any pests. They treated the immediate and surrounding areas as a precaution. Please know that we strive every day to provide a level of customer service that is second to none. Our goal is to make every guest experience a great one. I know you said you won’t return, but if you do, we’ll be here ready to be of service.

Brian DeRose
Director of Operations

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed for one night with one couple and two adult children. The location cannot be beat! Directly across the street. The first day we had to park at Disney. Cost us $15. Second day, after spending the night at Park Vue, we were able to park at the motel. Walk to the motel was closer than the parking garage at Disney! With taxes and all we paid about $184.00. I thought it was a bit much for the quality of the motel, but it did include parking which saved us $15, and they serve breakfast which saved us time. There is an IHOP right next door. It is a motel, where the doors of the rooms go directly outside. We were on the second level so we struggled to get our suitcases upstairs, so older folks beware. The place was clean, but it is old. The heat/AC unit was in the rear window and was quite noisy and rattled. I was worried about street and motel noise, but there are signs everywhere reminding patrons to be quiet and the fan on the heat/AC took care of the rest. It has an outdoor pool and a gift shop. If I could find somewhere close that was nicer for a lesser price I would try it, but it's probably not possible. Everything in the area is overpriced. The staff was helpful and friendly so I'd be willing to go back. I gave it an "average" because I thought it was just "average". The best part about this place is the location, location, location!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for your review. We apologize that your stay was anything less than great. It is our goal to always exceed our guest’s expectations. We will continue to work diligently to insure all of our guests have a great experience. Thank you for choosing Park Vue Inn we hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

If you go into this thinking “I’m staying at a motel”, then you won’t be surprised when you see it. And those in a wheelchair who might need assistance might want to head somewhere else; unless you have and are willing to be helped.

It is an older, smaller complex that has new paint, newer carpets, beds, and bedding. The rooms are not huge, but fit your need, if that need is to just have somewhere to sleep, shower, and get going again. The parking lot is tight and can be tricky to navigate if you have a big car, and sometimes the crowds walking along the street make it hard to even turn into the lot.

The biggest plus for this motel is its location; literally across the street from Disneyland’s main entrance, thus the crowds on the street. It is also close to several restaurants (IHOP, McDonald’s, Millie’s, Mimi’s, a Cold Stone Creamery connected to the motel), and a Target down the street a bit.

The staff was very helpful and polite. Disney tickets are available for purchase in the lobby, which is a major plus since the lines at the ticket booth can be very long. We purchased 2 3-day passes, but were accidentally charged for 3, which was quickly remedied. When we had a problem with a leaking toilet it was fixed same day (while we were at Disneyland). And when we wanted to split the room bill three ways they had no problem making it happen. Check-in was quick as well as check-out.

We requested an accessible room, since my sister is wheelchair bound, which we received. And while the room did have a roll-in shower, in a very tight toilet room, (she has an electric scooter, ECV, type chair and had to roll into the shower so she could shut the door) it was lacking in many other ADA areas. For starters the room had a rather large threshold, (bump at the door) that she had to get up some speed to get over. The peephole and safety latch were much too high for someone in a wheelchair to use (and not ADA code). The beds, while a nice modern height for the average person, were too tall for her to get in on her own. She had to get a boost every night. The dresser drawers are old and very hard to open; the bottom drawer could also never be completely closed unless you lifted up as you slid it back. (And there are only 3 medium sized drawers anyway, not enough space for 3 sisters).

While it was really nice to have a microwave and mini-fridge in the room, the microwave was placed on a very high shelf and not accessible to a person in a wheelchair. The same for the towels (which are on a rack IN the shower); they were too high to reach without assistance. The hanging bar in the closet was also not an accessible height.

While these issues don’t create any problem to the average walking adult, they create major problems for those who cannot stand. We also never had the breakfast that was offered since it was up on the second floor, and there is not an elevator in the complex.

Overall it’s very convenient to Disneyland. I wouldn’t recommend it if you are wheelchair bound and won’t have help, or mind being helped for that matter. It is great for the average family that needs a place to recoup after those 7 miles you’ll hike around Disney every day. Just remember, it’s an older motel that’s had some cosmetic surgery, and you’ll enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter spot ask for a room upstairs and farthest from the street, otherwise
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We thank you for addressing these concerns. We will use this review to help us better our accommodations. We will continue to work hard to create a home away from home for all of our guests. Thank you again; we hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed at the Park Vue Inn for 6 nights. It was great to have the breakfast included as food prices in parks are very expensive. The location couldn't have been better. There were 5 of us, 3 adults and 2 kids in adjoining rooms which was great. We found the staff, everyone from reception to cleaners very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jaylene

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We thank you for your kind words. We strive to provide the highest level of customer service to all of our guests. Thank you for choosing Park Vue Inn, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was the second time I stayed at the Park Vue Inn and it did not disapppoint. The location can't be beat if you are going to Disneyland or California Adventure -- it is literally across the street from the entrance to the parks. The room was clean and comfortable. The microwave and mini fridge are a big plus. The only minor complaint I would have is that the bathroom has a sort of musty smell -- there was a window but it had no screen so if you are like me you probably don't want to open it for fear of bugs flying in. The walls are pretty thin and you can hear people walking about...especially if you are on the first floor so if that bothers you maybe ask for a room on the 2nd floor. We did not try the free breakfast but there are plenty of eateries in the immediate vicinity -- Ihop is steps away from the hotel. The check in process was great -- we were allowed to "pre-check-in" and park on the property so that we could enjoy the park for a few hours and then walk back and get our keys at check in time. The Park Vue Inn is definitely on my list of preferred hotels in the Disneyland area!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travel'n_girl27
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. We appreciate the feedback on the bathroom and have already addressed and corrected the issue. Thanks for making us your preferred hotel. We look forward to your next visit.