Park Vue Inn
$159
  • Breakfast included
$110
  • Pool
Portofino Inn & Suites Anaheim Hotel(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
$156
$119
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$179
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $200/night.

$634
$542
$772
$641
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
2,243 results
All reviewsgift basketwafflescold stone creameryacross the streetfree breakfastbunk bedsmain entrancedisneyland entranceclosest hotelcan't beat the locationno elevatorvisiting disneylandhot itemsthe breakfast areadouble queenwe've stayedafter a long day
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We just left the Park Vue Inn after a 10 day stay. It is right across the street which makes it perfect for a duck out of the park to refresh and eat without paying inflated Disney prices. Because of the the location you can get from Star Tours to the hotel in about 10 minutes or so at a normal pace. The room came with a fridge and microwave so after a quick stock up at the Foods for Less on Katella for waters,cheap beer and grub you are all set. More stores are at the mall including a large CVS pharmacy. Check your fridge prior to going to make sure it is not frosted up. If it is they will defrost it or you can do it as I did. Its not that the fridge is not good it just the moisture in the Anaheim air builds up the frost over time and the fridge will not perform well if iced up.

The room is fine. If you want 5 star its not here but you you will not pay 5 star prices. The way we see it we were there for Disney not to stay locked up in a room to admire it. It was clean with a flat screen TV on the wall and a bunk bed for our son. The pool is nice and has a hot tub to relax in with a bevy after long Disney day. We did not experience bed bugs like another review we read and ignored.(Disgruntled guest I suspect)

The staff are very friendly and ready to help. The breakfast is good for the price (its free) and will fill you up for a great head start for your day. The only problem we found with the breakfast is most people did not leave a tip for the ladies that staff it and keep it clean for you. Its free for crying out loud, you will pay 9-12 dollar each for breakfast at I-Hop next door and leave 15% for a tip without batting an eye. We went with a buck each person tip each morning, a small price to pay but helps the staff.

If you are looking for a sleep in you will not get it. Its not because of the Hotel its because of the guests. Most let the kids run wild first thing 7:00 AM in the morning disregarding the quite till 9:00 am sign right above your head. Please respect others. All in all I think this is a great place and will stay here again when we visit Disney. The worst part was the ignorance/rudeness/all about us attitude of some of the guests but that is everywhere. Don't be one of them.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back to avoid noisy undisciplined kids in the morning.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank j s
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Wow! We have stayed at this hotel 5 times. This trip, we decided to upgrade our room for a room with a jacuzzi tub. It was awesome. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have great breakfasts and the hotel is directly across from Disneyland entrance. Don't forget to try the Pizza Press (just down the street) awesome pizza in about 7 minutes. We have also brought our son (age 6 mo and 12 mo). It was great.

Room Tip: Room 140 has a great jacuzzi tub. It takes a while to fill it up tho, so give it about 20 minutes.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AmyBlue2
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I reviewed this hotel in 2010, but there have been some changes and it seems like to time to do another review. I always have really mixed emotions when I review the Park Vue because I don't want anyone else to know it exists! In my opinion, this is the only place to stay when visiting Disneyland. Why? Here's my list:
-it is closer to the parks than any Disney resort hotel except the very pricy (but nice) Grand Californian.
-it offers a better breakfast than any other hotel that is as close - and we have stayed at or carefully researched all the close ones. The hotels of the Disney resort don't offer a free breakfast at all.
-The Park Vue keeps its pool and hot tub at the perfect temperatures. The pool is warm enough to plunge right into (and I am one of those "inch into the pool" kind of people) and the hot tub is warm enough to sit and enjoy, but not so hot that you have to get out after 10 minutes.
- each room has a variety of types of pillows, so everyone can probably find one they are happy with. How many hotels do you know that do that?
- Each room has front and back windows. Many hotels just have a window on one side of the room. Yes, the back window is tiny, but it still makes the room seem better ventilated and less claustrophobic.
-the beds seem to be some kind of pillow top - at any rate, they seem quite comfortable.
-in addition to providing a free warm breakfast, every room has a fridge and microwave. This makes it so much easier to save on food costs.
-The heating/air conditioning systems seem new and have a "continuous fan" setting. This means that the noise level is constant so I don't wake up whenever the fan trips on. This is a big plus for me because I tend to be a light sleeper in new places.
-there are new flat screen TVs mounted to the wall. The TV has a USB input in the back, which is nice, but even nicer for me is the fact that having the TV on the wall means that it isn't sitting on the desk/dresser so there is _lots_ more counter space. Enough to spread out a couple large pizzas and a salad and have a fun group dinner.
- Other features I enjoy: coin operated guest laundry, great pizza place a few doors down to the south, car rental place two doors up to the north (inside the Best Western), apples and cookies at the front desk, rooms that have bunk beds or three queens.
-Great view of the Disneyland fireworks from the pool area and rooms on the south side near the pool.

There are a few things that aren't quite perfect:
-occasionally the prices go up - way up. Most of the year we can get a room for between $100 and $130. Once I saw the price go up to $500 a night because of an event going on at Disneyland.
-if you get a lock-off room you can hear noise from the next room pretty easily - but that tends to be par for lock-off rooms in most hotels.
-If you get a room with bunk beds it is pretty crowded - but most people aren't there to sit and spend a lot of time in the room.
-sometimes the fridge in the room has a large build up of ice and is turned up way too cold so I have to defrost and adjust it when I arrive.
-likewise, sometimes the AC in the room is turned way too cold when I arrive.
- it is true that the Park Vue has eliminated some of the amenities they had, and at first I was disappointed, but I think that what they still have is head and shoulders above most of the surrounding hotels. I do miss the evening light dinner, but feel that since there is a fridge and microwave it's not a big deal to bring my own can of soup or salad. I miss the fruit basket but enjoy the great quality apples available at the reception desk. I would just suggest maybe having bananas available too or available at breakfast?

Thanks Park Vue.

Tip for those travelling in from other states: Bringing fruit with you into California is problematic (that's why haveing some provided at the hotel is such a valuable service). I have recently found out that bringing fruits and vegetables into the state isn't a problem as long as they are prepared; i.e. carrots as carrots sticks, lettuce or tomatoes already in a tossed salad, citrus peeled and cut up in a plastic container . . .
If you want your fridge and little freezing compartment at the right temperature in your room at the Park Vue, I suggest setting the fridge to "3" - at least that worked with ours.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Pika3665
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were at the Park Vue Inn from January 27 to February 3, and were very pleased with our stay. Our room was clean, a good size and nicer than I was expecting. We were in a 2 queen room, and found the beds & pillows to be very comfortable, though not luxurious. The water pressure in the room was very good (my husband loved it). The free breakfast was very nice, and a good way to start our day. The selection was not as varied as I'd been lead to believe by other reviews, but it was very nice. Everyday there was a make-your-own waffle station, eggs, bacon or sausge, 3 kinds of cereal, fruit, yogurt, bread & bagles to toast, juice and coffee - it was nothing special, but it was nice to have something "free". The breakfast room was clean with seating inside or outside. We didn't use the pool but it seemed nice. There is a guest laundry room, which was a nice amenity. This hotel is also the closest walk to the park; the entrance is right by the cross-walk. There a few restaurants within close walking distance, so you can easily get some reasonable food outside the park (Denny's, IHOP, Tony Romas, McDonalds). They no longer offer the complimentary dinner, but we were never back from the parks intime to use it, so we didn't really miss it. The only thing that I didn't like were the towels; they were small and very rough, and throughout our stay we would get less & less from housekeeping, so I'd have to call for more. (We started with 2 face cloths, 4 hand towels, 4 bath towels and floor mat, and by our second day they were only leaving 2 hand towels and 4 bath towels).
If you are looking for a budget option close to the parks this is a good one. Also, the Coldstone Creamery outfront was nice - excellent ice cream!

Room Tip: We requested a room on the top floor, and they put us on the top floor at the back; during the week it was very quiet, as a lot of the rooms were empty and there were no kids running around.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Becky C
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed here purely for the location, which can't be beat. We stayed in the 2 Queens and bunk bed room, which fit our family perfectly. The room was clean but had a heavily perfumed smell. The bathroom was mostly clean except for some sort of leaching mess coming from the handicapped bar in the shower. Tub seemed clean but we didn't want to bath children in it. Mini fridge seemed to freeze everything no matter the setting. Very little counter space at the vanity. Pillows were all very flat and very used. Avoidance of a comforter by using two top sheets with a blanket in between was novel.

Breakfast seemed less great than past visits, no longer did the hotel manager greet breakfast guests and take our tickets. I only noticed the manager walking around with a scowl on his face all week. Nice to be able to grab apples in the lobby on our way to DL. Celebrated some birthdays this trip, balloons and gifts have now turned into a coldstone mini cake (was part of it before) and a small party bag of mini candy bars.

We had left our first visit feeling like it wasn't the best hotel but it was decent and its location was great. We left this visit feeling like we won't return.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bez71
ArgenisPorras, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Your review is very much appreciated. I am not always aware of my expression. This observation will make me more aware of how others perceive me and for that I thank you. I would like to address your concerns about the property. I can assure you that everything you mentioned regarding your guest room has been corrected. Modifying some of our offerings like the gift baskets made room for better quality amenities and aesthetic improvements to our overall property and services. Many of these improvements are currently in place and the remaining upgrades will be completed this spring. We aim to please and hope you will consider giving us another try on your next visit.

Kind Regards,