I reviewed this hotel in 2010, but there have been some changes and it seems like to time to do another review. I always have really mixed emotions when I review the Park Vue because I don't want anyone else to know it exists! In my opinion, this is the only place to stay when visiting Disneyland. Why? Here's my list:
-it is closer to the parks than any Disney resort hotel except the very pricy (but nice) Grand Californian.
-it offers a better breakfast than any other hotel that is as close - and we have stayed at or carefully researched all the close ones. The hotels of the Disney resort don't offer a free breakfast at all.
-The Park Vue keeps its pool and hot tub at the perfect temperatures. The pool is warm enough to plunge right into (and I am one of those "inch into the pool" kind of people) and the hot tub is warm enough to sit and enjoy, but not so hot that you have to get out after 10 minutes.
- each room has a variety of types of pillows, so everyone can probably find one they are happy with. How many hotels do you know that do that?
- Each room has front and back windows. Many hotels just have a window on one side of the room. Yes, the back window is tiny, but it still makes the room seem better ventilated and less claustrophobic.
-the beds seem to be some kind of pillow top - at any rate, they seem quite comfortable.
-in addition to providing a free warm breakfast, every room has a fridge and microwave. This makes it so much easier to save on food costs.
-The heating/air conditioning systems seem new and have a "continuous fan" setting. This means that the noise level is constant so I don't wake up whenever the fan trips on. This is a big plus for me because I tend to be a light sleeper in new places.
-there are new flat screen TVs mounted to the wall. The TV has a USB input in the back, which is nice, but even nicer for me is the fact that having the TV on the wall means that it isn't sitting on the desk/dresser so there is _lots_ more counter space. Enough to spread out a couple large pizzas and a salad and have a fun group dinner.
- Other features I enjoy: coin operated guest laundry, great pizza place a few doors down to the south, car rental place two doors up to the north (inside the Best Western), apples and cookies at the front desk, rooms that have bunk beds or three queens.
-Great view of the Disneyland fireworks from the pool area and rooms on the south side near the pool.
There are a few things that aren't quite perfect:
-occasionally the prices go up - way up. Most of the year we can get a room for between $100 and $130. Once I saw the price go up to $500 a night because of an event going on at Disneyland.
-if you get a lock-off room you can hear noise from the next room pretty easily - but that tends to be par for lock-off rooms in most hotels.
-If you get a room with bunk beds it is pretty crowded - but most people aren't there to sit and spend a lot of time in the room.
-sometimes the fridge in the room has a large build up of ice and is turned up way too cold so I have to defrost and adjust it when I arrive.
-likewise, sometimes the AC in the room is turned way too cold when I arrive.
- it is true that the Park Vue has eliminated some of the amenities they had, and at first I was disappointed, but I think that what they still have is head and shoulders above most of the surrounding hotels. I do miss the evening light dinner, but feel that since there is a fridge and microwave it's not a big deal to bring my own can of soup or salad. I miss the fruit basket but enjoy the great quality apples available at the reception desk. I would just suggest maybe having bananas available too or available at breakfast?
Thanks Park Vue.
Tip for those travelling in from other states: Bringing fruit with you into California is problematic (that's why haveing some provided at the hotel is such a valuable service). I have recently found out that bringing fruits and vegetables into the state isn't a problem as long as they are prepared; i.e. carrots as carrots sticks, lettuce or tomatoes already in a tossed salad, citrus peeled and cut up in a plastic container . . .
If you want your fridge and little freezing compartment at the right temperature in your room at the Park Vue, I suggest setting the fridge to "3" - at least that worked with ours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With our direct access to the Disneyland(R) Resort, our hotel offers a stress-free stay that's only steps away from a world-famous destination. All rooms include a refrigerator, microwave, HDTV, free parking, free breakfast, and free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Park Vue Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Vue Hotel Anaheim
- Park Vue Motel