“Solid Motel, Excellent location, Friendly Staff”
Review of Park Vue Inn

Park Vue Inn
Ranked #9 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is more a motel than a hotel. So if you're expecting a hotel I suspect you'll be disappointed. The price is also a bit high, but it's inline with all the rest of the properties that are close by. My corner suite was the same price as a room at the Disneyland Hotel, but without the magic morning hours.

However, this location can't be beat. Even with the monorail, this place is closer and after a full day at Disney, you'll be very happy to walk right across the street to your room. It's a 4 min walk to the gate at most. Also, they don't have magic morning hours, but they do provide a hot breakfast. Some days it was eggs and sausage, other days it was eggs and bacon. 4 waffle stations, cereal stations and an assortment of bread for toast. It will get you through the morning and you'll be ready for lunch. That in itself is a life saver.

The front desk seemed friendly, the lemonade in the front was a bit too sweet for my liking, but I suspect the kids love it. The pool is small, but perfectly fine. It is right in the middle of the parking lot, but they don't let cabs come and go through the front so you dont have to worry about non-hotel guests walking up and staring at you. They also have a convenience store full of whatever last minute item you might be missing. Cold Stone is also attached to the Front Desk/Lobby area and they give a 10% discount when you mention you are staying at the hotel. Thats a nice treat later in the evening.

The room was clean enough, and the bed was fine. Again, just think of this as motel lodgings rather than hotel lodgings and you'll see that this place is 'Good'. Really, you're paying for location -- that can't be beat. We'd stay at the ParkVue Inn again just because its so close. As others mentioned the wifi is pretty bad, luckily I can use my mobile as a hot spot so we were fine.

While the place is a bit older and the beds aren't heavenly -- the front desk staff are polite, and the location is great, plus the free breakfast really saves you some $$$. I'd say for families, this is a great spot. Since we were a couple celebrating an anniversary (which I mentioned in the reservation and they didn't even say anything when we checked in - bummer) next time I'm just going to book a Disney hotel. I would have liked a little extra magic when we arrived.

Room Tip: We had room 232, upstairs, at the end of the hall. Very quiet, could barely hear anyone. Only shared...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rei A
ScalzoHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your review. We use reviews such as yours to help improve our services and property. We are currently working on upgrades to the property, of which one is the WiFi. We hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you. We appreciate the time and detail spent on your review.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,218)

Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Room did its purpose. Travelled with 2 young ones so was very handy to walk across the street for a break or for a nap. Would come back again. Housekeepers are very attentive to your needs and thank you very much for that!!We need more like them.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Bugg24

Thank you for your time spent in writing a review. It was our pleasure to serve you. We have showed your review to our Housekeepers, and they express their gratitude for your kind words. Thank you for choosing Park Vue Inn. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We checked into this hotel in January, 2011 and checked out 10 minutes later. The room was outdated, dingy and felt and smelled dirty. There was a potent and offensively harsh smell of chemicals they had used to clean the carpets. Despite the apparent scented evidence of cleanliness, the bathroom was grungy, dirty and had hair in the tub. It felt like a 1950s camping resort cabin. I cant imagine relaxing and lounging on the bed, watching tv there. Which would have worked out had we stayed, as the tv didnt work either. The remote was sticky and grimy as well. The noise from the outside corridors was very apparent and this was in the middle of the afternoon, when most guests would be at Disneyland. I cant imagine how loud it would be when people are coming home from the park. There were even signs that warned you to keep the noise down in respect of other guests - a clue to the noise problem inside the rooms.

It took me 6 months to get my $ back from this very scuzzy property. We walked down the street to the Tropicana and had a lovely stay there, in their recently renovated rooms. This is not a 'good neighbor hotel' (a Disney recommended property) which says a lot. The fact that they are right across the street from the park, and even that doesnt give them this status, says something to me. Don't stay here!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Jahatch

I would like to take this opportunity to extend a sincere apology for your experience. I would also like to set the record straight and inform you and the viewers of this review that we are in fact a Good Neighbor Hotel and have been for many years. We no longer advertise on Disney’s website, therefore we are not listed there. Although your comments about our property were not kind, I do appreciate any and all feedback, as this helps to make improvements to our service. I’m glad you were able to find a more suitable accommodation nearby for you and your family. I only wish this was brought to my attention during your check in. I can assure you that your experience would have been much different had it been. Since January of 2011, we have made several improvements to our property including new carpet and flat screen TV’s. In addition we continue to maintain, upgrade and refresh our room types and amenities. I am truly sorry that due to your experience I will not have a future opportunity to be of better service to you.

Brian DeRose – Director of Operations

Reviewed October 1, 2012

There were a total of 9 of our family members (3 rooms) staying from 18 - 24 Sept 2012. Like others have said in reviews, I was a little unsure if this was the hotel for us. But after staying here, we are so glad we did and would definitely stay here again. My husband had rented an electric scooter and the hotel suggested we have a handicapped room which had extra room for parking the scooter within. The beds were really comfortable and the rooms were clean. We didn't use the microwave but the fridge was great for keeping cold water (much needed as the temperatures were between 35 - 40C) and soft drinks. While there, it was my birthday and on the dresser was a gift package from the hotel along with a note about a complimentary cake from the Cold Stone Creamery on the premises! How sweet! The breakfast room was very busy and what we did have for breakfast was a great start to a busy day. There were eggs, sausages, toast, waffles, cereal, juices, etc. Everything thing one could want. The only real complaint we had was the wireless internet which kept going down but a call to the office to reset the router got it working fairly soon. (Little bit like home!) Fantastic location right across the crosswalk from the entrance to the parks. The staff were always friendly and if we ever get the chance to go to Disneyland again, will definitely stay here.

4  Thank Susan R
ScalzoHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is our goal to provide a home away from home at a great value. We hope to see you soon. Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Had a stay 26/9 to 29/9..Fantastic, great location right across from main gate Disneyland, good clean room, helpful staff, good morning breakfast, and best of all late checkout on departure day. Have stayed b4 and will again when next in Anaheim.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andsco

Thank you for your review. We are glad to know that your stay was great. Thank you for choosing Park Vue Inn. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The proximity to Disneyland and the price of this accomodation make this excellent value for money. The rooms are not very large and are quite dated, though comfortable enough.The air conditioner leaked but this was promptly repaired. Breakfast was included and while not gourmet , the make your own waffle bar was a big hit. Perfect for a place to stay near Disneyland parks and close to many food outlets.

1  Thank Michelle P
ScalzoHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

We are very pleased to have been able to provide a confortable stay at an excellent value. We apologize for the AC; we have been running them non-stop in this heat. We are glad to know that we were able to fix this for you quickly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I just returned from a five night stay in September with my husband and 8 year old son. This hotel was everything it promised! A short 3-5 minute walk directly across the street to Disneyland, it couldn't get any better. My son was so happy with the swimming pool and hot tub and both were well maintained. The breakfast food was not so good. It was good enough to "get us by" but we weren't happy with the choices. It was obvious they were not providing options such as bananas and flavored yogurts so the guests would not take them back to their room. We stuck with waffles every day and brought our own fruit and yogurt to the breakfast area. One thing I was disappointed in was that they stopped serving dinner a week or two before we arrived. I was actually counting on that so we would not be eating out! I was surprised that no one from the hotel had emailed or called me ahead of time to inform me of the change in policy. Regardless, we found other options and they were all close by. We were in room 242 and it was towards the back of the hotel. That was a great place to stay. We were away from all of the foot traffic so we did not think the hotel was noisy at all. I had some difficulty with my room key one night and the maintenance person was down right away to resolve my issue. It was obvious the room had been updated recently, it was very nice. Of course it's not a 5 star hotel but for the price and location, it was wonderful!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Disneyland.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back of the hotel are the quietest since the "foot traffic" is always moving...
1  Thank Jackie S

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the discontinuing of the social hour meal. The changes to our amenities are due to a decreased demand for these offerings and an increased demand for upgrades to our rooms. Again thank you for this review and thank you for choosing Park Vue Inn.