“Park Vue Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Melbourne, Australia
“Park Vue Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed here for 2 weeks and loved it. A couple of things on the down side they don't and won't accept TRAVELEX visa cards as payment We asked why but were not given a real reason and they also told us that most places around there won't accept travelex visa NOT TRUE.Every where we went we had no trouble using our card even the convenience store at the hotel accepted travelex as payment.Another thing was when we checked out we were hit with an additional bill to pay with extra charges the invoice was not itemized we paid as we had to catch a bus to Vegas I've mentioned this on facebook as well they stated that the extra charges were for taxes etc however I was lead to believe the taxes and other fees were paid upon check in.On up side you can't bet the location breakfast is provided and has plenty of choice they also have social hour which is a lite dinner so if your tired and just want something close you can have dinner there the dinner changes daily.They also have complementary bottled water all you have to do is ask at the front desk which is great when heading out to theme parks as well as a fruit basket ,cookies,doughnuts,pastry's, coffee,iced lemon water and a cordial type of drink all in the foyer for guests.The pool is a good size there's a guest laundry also plenty of places to eat out IHOP just across the car park and just a short walk around the corner is Garden walk shopping and the cheese cake factory is there . So plenty of places to shop and dine out.Staff are friendly and helpful except the girl Arleen ( i think that's her name)we will definitely stay there again love this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank zed2434

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
Livermore, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

So I stayed here for three nights with my wife and 16 month old son. We checked in at 130 am and the staff was very nice. We were in room 107 on the ground floor. Great location for coming and going. The room was clean and serviced each day during our stay. The beds are just ok. The floor for a child is dirty but we always put down a sheet for him to play on. My wife loved the distance to Disneyland. We did not partake in breakfast or evening snack. We would stay here again definitely not four star but a nice place very close to Disneyland.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Great place to stay with kids, we could be in disney within 5 minutes or so all you do is cross the road and you are there. Lots eating places within walking distance and easybtonget to target etc without a car

Room Tip: The pool is great place to watch disney fireworks
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank nannyandpoppy
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

The location is literally right across the street, the room was clean (including the hot tub), and they even gave us a free bottle of wine in the welcome basket! I love this place and so did my boyfriend! I will never stay anywhere else :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Liza A
Dayton, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

My sister and her daughter flew in from Texas, and I flew in from Ohio, to celebrate her daughter's 12th birthday at Disneyland. I booked the Park Vue Inn based on the proximity to Disneyland and the good reviews the hotel received on Trip Advisor. Here are my impressions:

Location: Absolutely perfect proximity to the main gate of Disneyland; literally across the street. The very best reason to stay here, if you want to avoid parking fees charged by other nearby hotels, or the hassle of shuttling in from a more distant hotel.

Hotel staff: Excellent. They were friendly, attentive and helpful, couldn't ask for more. In addition to the fruit/wine basket provided to all guests upon check-in (which was wonderful), they did up a fun package of balloons, some small gifts, and a Cold Stone Creamery ice cream cake to celebrate my niece's 12th birthday upon our arrival. This extra service was free, a lovely and unique touch....my niece was thrilled!

Lobby: The lobby was extremely small. We arrived early, so they stored our luggage for us until our room was ready, then had a porter take it to our room, a nice touch. The lemonade, coffee, fresh fruit, koolaid, cookies and muffins that were always available and free in the lobby was much appreciated. It was also nice that we bought our one-day Disneyland passes from the hotel and didn't have to stand in line to buy them.

Parking lot: Quite tight and congested; can be very difficult to negotiate if more than a couple of cars are trying to enter or exit at the same time (hotel shares parking with Cold Stone Creamery and IHOP). You are given a parking pass to display in your front windshield, they are very vigilant about towing unauthorized cars.

Breakfast Terrace: A nice idea, but it didn't really work very well in practice. There was a good variety of fruits, scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, pastries, cereals, waffles, pancakes, etc. But the food area was so small and packed with people that it was difficult to put your own breakfast together. I ended up making several trips to my table with a little of this and a little of that because of the difficulty. It is an outdoor-only eating area. I hated fighting the birds for my breakfast, and there is no indoor eating option. We only did breakfast here once; the breakfast terrace is located upstairs and I have leg problems; the stairs are steep and there is no elevator service. There is an IHOP next door, and the prices are exhorbitant, but it was a much more relaxing dining experience.

Room: Very basic and a little tired; could use some updating. Not much living space for a hotel that, because of its proximity to Disneyland, most people book for several nights. Small coffee bar area with coffee maker, assorted teas and cocoa, ice bucket, cups, etc. with a mini-fridge below. It was nice to have two real mugs vs. all paper cups. No shelf space whatsoever for snack storage, which would have been easy for the hotel to add above the coffee bar and much appreciated. Decent shower and small vanity area with soaps/shampoo/lotions. Room to store small empty suitcases underneath the sink. There is a safe in the closet. The a/c unit is located high in the wall in the vanity area and not next to the bed; a plus. It has a temperature thermostat and works perfectly to keep the room comfortable.

Pool: We didn't use the pool or hot tub, but they looked clean and well-kept. The location is odd, right int the middle of the parking lot. Kind of ruins the ambience usually found in a bathing area.

Maid service: My only real complaint. There was a good supply of towels provided upon check-in; we used them twice before leaving them on the floor for replacement. Only they weren't replaced. By the third day, were were down to our last three bath towels, no hand towels and no washcloths. My sister had to go to the lobby to request more towels. We used up the kleenex box and it wasn't replaced until I pulled the empty box out of the holder and set it in the sink. The granite coffee bar top was quite dirty upon check-in; I had to wash it myself. The ice bucket liner was never replaced. Closet space was adequate for 3 people. I requested more hangers which were provided promptly.

Guest Laundry: We did a couple of loads of laundry prior to returning home. 3 washers and 3 dryers in good condition. Prices were reasonable; $1 to wash, $1 to dry, and $1 each for detergent and softener sheets.

Wi-Fi: We didn't bring a laptop, but there was a computer in the lobby for guest use. You are limited to 10 minutes use and it is set up so that you have to stand to use it. I have leg problems and didn't appreciate that when trying to print out my boarding passes for the trip home.

Overall: A good hotel with a great location.

Room Tip: If you have no ambulation problems, book an upstairs room and watch the weekend Disneyland fireworks...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank oceanloveroh53
George Town, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

The location was excellent, directly opposite Disneyland. As for the room, it was clean and comfortable. Eventhough there was not much choice for breakfast, the food was nice and my kids loved making their own pancakes. The hotel staff was helpful too. We would definitely stay there again for our next visit.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Mei Li H
Orem, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Room was clean and comfortable. All employees were knowledgeable and helpful. Breakfast was delicious. Disneyland is right across the street. I have stayed here 4 times and will stay here everytime we come to Disneyland.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple