I spent a good amount of time researching the hotels near Disneyland before booking. We decided to stay at Park Vue Inn for the following reasons:
1) Location: right across the street from Disneyland. We spent 4 days in Disneyland and California Adventure. We knew we would be very exhausted at the end of each day, so the closer the hotel the better.
2) Free hot breakfast and light supper: we ended up eating not only the breakfast but also the dinner every day during our entire stay. Saved big $$$.
3) Parking: We arrived at 11am. After checked in, we parked our car right in front of our room and went to Disneyland. I always saw available spots in the parking lot at any time. Parking was not an issue.
4) 3 queen 2-room suite: I was lucky to be able to book this type of room for 4 days. Originally I booked the queen-bunkbed room but I was glad I changed it. The bunkbed room was kind of too small for us (I took a peek when a room was being cleaned). The 2-room suite was very spacious. There were two queen beds in the first room and another queen bed in the 2nd bed room. Both rooms had a TV and an AC.
My room was downstairs near the end of the complex, next to the laundry room. At first I thought it would be noisy but actually it was not, except the morning we checked out, the guest upstairs were rolling their luggages at around 8am and it was quite noisy. Besides that, we were able to be awaken by the alarm clock every morning, not the noise. Outside the window of the 2nd bed room was Best Western Park Place Inn's parking lot.
The carpet in our room was not new, but it did not bother us at all. We always wear slippers indoor anyway.
The Wi-Fi was ok. I had no problem with it, but I only used it at late night.
The safe in the closet was in good size. I was able to put my iPad in. It is easy to use.
5) Celebrations: we were there to celebrate graduation and birthday. As many people have already said, we also got balloons, gift bags, and a small ice cream cake. In addition, the manager gave my birthday girl crayons, a coloring book and some other small stuff after we chatted with him in the dining room. Although my daughter is 16 yrs old already, she was so excited about the special presents!
However, there are two small things I don't like:
1) The toilet made big noise after flushing.
2) The AC was dirty.
Overall, I am very happy with Park Vue Inn and will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With our direct access to the Disneyland(R) Resort, our hotel offers a stress-free stay that's only steps away from a world-famous destination. All rooms include a refrigerator, microwave, HDTV, free parking, free breakfast, and free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Park Vue Hotel Anaheim
- Park Vue Motel