“It's nice to try new places!”

Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites
Ranked #39 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We just got back from our Family Disneyland trip. We were trying to do this trip on more of a budget so I chose the Islander. It isn't far from the park at all, but its not right on the Harbor strip. I think it is about a half mile walk. No problem! I am very happy with this hotel. I have been going with my family for years and we always stayed at the Candy Cane.. I am now bringing my husband and kids and on a budget, couldn't do the Candy Cane. This hotel is very worth it. The rooms were clean. The first day it had an odd smell, I think the cleaning supplies that were used.. But it went away. The rooms are a decent size, and seem to be pretty new. We chose upstairs, since our last hotel experience was so noisy downstairs.. Noise was pretty good.. There was some guy yelling in the parking lot outside one night, but that can happen anywhere.. We never woke up early enough to check out the continental breakfast.. The only downside was the beds.. They weren't very comfortable.. I woke up sore in the middle of the night so I had to either sleep on my back, or with a pillow to support my legs.. Staff was friendly, location good, overall a good stay!

Room Tip: I would just say the top floor to avoid noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Mperez4

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I knew when I was choosing to stay here it wasn't going to be anything special, I really just wanted somewhere close to Disneyland. However when you've been walking all day, this place feels like it is miles away from the park. I made the reservation and put in the notes we would be celebrating our three year anniversary. Usually hotels do something special, however we weren't even really acknowledged. The breakfast Buffett was not breakfast, and the tv had the worst reception and most channels didn't even work. This was all fine, as I said we really just wanted the hotel to sleep. But then today as we were sleeping in before our eight hour drive home, I recoeved a call from the front desk asking if we could check out before 11am because they had a mixup. The worst part was they weren't even really asking, more like telling us that we had to check out ASAP. It is not my problem you overbooked, and this definitely left me with a very sour taste in my mouth when we should have been treated much better. I would not recommend this place and would not stay here ever again. Very big disappointment.

• Stayed: February 2014
9  Thank emilymillward
CustomerServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear emilymillward,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are currently reviewing this matter. Our goal is to provide excellent service to all our guests. We sincerely apologies in advance for your treatment.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I and a colleague were attending a convention and shared a 2BR unit.
Positives: 5 min walk to Convention Center or Disney, friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds (maybe a little on the firm side for me, but fine), free apples, value was excellent, especially compared with the bigger hotels nearby.
Minor issues: Only pastries on offer for breakfast, so didn't bother - would be nice if there were a couple of healthy cereals, yogurt, more fruit options, etc. Weatherstripping around door was coming off - no real problem, but it's probably harder on the AC than it needs to be.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ajho
Reviewed February 12, 2014

After reading tons of hotel reviews, we decided to try out the Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites. It was a wonderful choice. We stayed for three nights (Sunday to Wednesday) and checked in late on Sunday. We drove down from Washington with two young children in the car. Seeing that my boys were needing some extra space to stretch their legs, the gentleman at the front desk (I forgot his name unfortunately) upgraded us to a room with a bunk bed for our boys and put us in a room over a carport so that they would not bother anyone below them with their running around. The hotel was rather vacant during our stay due to visiting Disneyland the slow time of the year, but all the workers were very kind and helpful. There is a small complementary breakfast of fruit, coffee, and pastries. It is about a 10 minute walk to the gates of Disneyland, which was a very easy walk, but there is also a shuttle stop right in front of the hotel for those who would rather do that. They sell tickets to the park in the front office. It saved time so we wouldn't have to wait at the ticket booths at the park and were the same price. It is very close to multiple restaurants, we had Cheesecake Factory one night, and had pizza delivered on a different night. The room had a mini fridge and a microwave, which was helpful with kids who want their milk in the morning and at bedtime. The pool was heated, but still cold (it was January, so no surprise there), but the kids enjoyed it and had fun. We will be staying at this hotel in the future as they met all of our needs and we had a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the road for a quieter stay. For those with children, ask for a room above t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Morgan P
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The location is this hotel is great; an easy walk to Disney. We didn't bother with the ART bus. It's also nice to go back to a small scale hotel after spending the day in a massive theme park. Right near bus stops for those catching public transport as we did. If you take the Amtrak train to Fullerton station then catch the 43 or 543 bus it'll take you to the Harbor/Katella intersection, and it was fine to take luggage. $2 each way- pay on board.
The room had a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Being tea drinkers, we used the coffee maker (without filter)to boil water. The 7/11 on the intersection was great for basics. We bought milk, oats, snacks, plastic bowls and cutlery and food for Disney. We made our own breakfast (oats) as not too keen on donuts to start the day. There is also a small strip of takeaway shops on the NE side of the intersection where we bought dinner (Subway, Chinese, pizza, Mexican, smoothies).
We found the room itself very small, but with four of us (2 adults, 2kids) we probably should have gone for the 2 bedroom layout. Didn't spend much time in the room, though, so it was OK. For the price and location, this is very god value.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Louise O
CustomerServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Louise O

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We very much appreciate your feed back. We hope to see you soon on your next vacation. Hope you have a wonderful summer in Australia!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Great location with spacious rooms but very small bathroom. Location was great; across from The Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs and Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. 10mins walk to Disneyland. Small pool but we were there in winter so made little use of it. Housekeeping only work certain hours. Free parking!!!Great!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank saulochansau
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This place is in a good location (only a 10 - 15 min stroll to Disney) and near restaurants, shops and easy for transit and shuttles. The rooms were large, clean and very adequate and the front desk staff helpful. A very small pool, ok for kids, and pastries for breakfast were included each morning. For a more full breakfast, there's an IHOP just up the street. If walking up a few stairs doesn't bother you, I would try to get on the top floor. If you are on the bottom people walking along the outdoor "hallway" can sound very loud but really only an issue during the day.

We chose this motel for the convenience of it's location to doing "Run Disney" events.
It kept our cost down, while offering everything we needed.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor to avoid noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends