We stayed for 2 nights prior to a Disney Cruise then 5 Nights afterwards. Rooms were good size, front desk staff without exception were very helpful and acommodating letting us leave bags to go to the parks on both occasions. We had first floor room and ground floor. Both rooms were fine. Dealing with some issues we had read about prior to our stay,
1. The Free breakfast, considering it was free it was fine we had something most mornings and although i agree coffee was not strong i used the Coffee machine provided and the free coffee from the room which was fine. If you wanted, at the end of the block there is a 7-11 and you could get some higher quality coffee for the room mchine if you wanted to.
2. The carpets, yes we did notice that they made your feet very dirty, we kept flip flops on.
Some other observations,
Pool is not heated, which was fine given how warm it is but if you are someone who dives right in it might be a bit of a shock.
Rooms were well equipped best item for me was full sized refridgerator. Great for keeping the beer from the 7-11 cool.
Pool area is very nice, we spend quite a bit of time just chillin and splitting our park days into 2 sessions
Walk to the park was about 10 minutes no problems. The Anahiem garden walk with shops and lots of nice eating places right across the street.
At the end of the block across from 7-11 was around 6 or 7 places doing Pizza,it was very nice, Indian and Chinese food, Subway and more besides.
Further up towards Disney were the usual chains, such as I Hop and Dennys. Best of those was Mimis, they do a great takeaway lunch deal for a family for around 20 dollars.
All in all a good value hotel with good facilities and freindly staff, so despite the minor issues we would have no hesitation in rebooking if back in Anahiem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An easy walk to Disneyland® Resort & Anaheim Convention CenterDiscover casual luxury, friendly service, affordable room rates and perfect location for a family vacation or a productive business trip in vibrant Orange County.Our friendly hotel is centrally located in the heart of beautiful Anaheim, California, just 1 block from the world-famous Disneyland® Resort, and the Anaheim Convention Center. We are so close that you can walk to the Magic Kingdom, or if you prefer you can pick up Anaheim Resort Transit shuttle right from our door step with a nominal fee.Our professional staff is courteous, friendly, attentive and committed to making your stay comfortable and satisfying with quality accommodations and legendary service that exceeds your expectations ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and HostelWorld so you can book your Anaheim Islander Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Islander Hotel Anaheim
- Islander Motel Anaheim