Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground
Marriott Hotels
$219
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
$144
BestWestern.com
$106
$524
$805
$653
Hotels.com
7,922 results
All reviewsgarden poolmimi's cafecastaway covestayed in buildingho jominute walkgift shopgames roomacross the streetmain poolhot tubdisney viewkids suitegreat family hotelconvenience storeeasy walk to disneylandfree parking
A TripAdvisor Member
New Zealand
Reviewed June 17, 2006

Stayed there for 6 x days and can;t remember one bad moment. Location to key points of interest was good and the room we had in Block 2 was quiet and more than big enough for the three of us. The housekeeping was unintrusive and efficient with the staff always helpful and smiling. Special thanks to the front desk crew who looked after so well and handled our many queries with helpful advice.
Look forward to a return trip

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 15, 2006

Just returned from a 10 nt stay at the Hojo with my family of 4. I'd say most of the recent reviews on here are pretty spot-on. We requested (and got) a Disneyview room (in building 1, 5th floor)...a great spot to watch the fireworks (the pool area is better though as there's a lot of trees in the way when viewing from your room!). Even better than that though, is how quiet our room was! We honestly never heard a peep during our entire stay! Well worth the $15/night extra charge! That being said, the room was a tad small for 4 people, and the bathroom, even smaller (although having the 2nd sink outside helped a lot). It was extremely clean though, everything worked (especially the blessed air conditioner!), and there was lots of storage for all our clothes, luggage and Disney souvenirs that piled up each day! We only frequented the main pool area (but walked by the garden pool...it seemed nice and quiet) and the kids loved it! It was almost never too busy and was a great way to cool down in the afternoon between visits to the park. (One little complaint though....on the last few days there, the weather was quite a bit cooler and the pool seemed really cold at times...definitely not the 80 degrees as touted). But, I guess that's a small trade off for most of the days when the temps were scorching!
Housekeeping was very prompt (sometimes almost too much, as on a few of our "lazy days" we received phone calls asking if we'd like our room cleaned!) Nothing wrong with this though.....pool always had warm towels, hallways were clean, laundry facilities were great (used them a few times). The walk to Disney was only about 7-10 minutes, no big deal, and lots of places to eat all day (although I'd highly recommend Mimi's...we pretty much lived there! Awesome food and so well priced! I'll be writing my own review there!). Check in/out was very easy and fast and the staff were always friendly and helpful (especially Jennifer Breland, who put up with my many emails re: upgrading to a suite (which unfortunately were not available, but I think I'd definitely try again next time). Parking was plentiful (and free!) and was great for the car we rented for a few days and for family in the area to come and visit. Gift shop was great for anything you needed, including a few last minute souvenirs (great price on the Disney tees...way cheaper than in the park!). Hope I haven't missed anything...all and all, a great stay! We'll probably stay again if we ever return to Disney but try to get a suite next time.

14  Thank lindenCR
Reviewed June 10, 2006

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the Howard Johnson plaza. I'm a huge Disneyland fan and follow the internet community pretty close, so I knew about the huge following this hotel has with those choosing to stay at a non-Disney property. It came down to trying this, or Hilton Anaheim. I decided on the HoJo because of it's walking distance, and the fact that the Hilton's reviews on TripAdvisor were getting to be regularly hostile.

After all was said and done? I spent so much time at the parks, and so little at the hotel, I really can't nitpick too much. Nor did I really explore the grounds very much. But my general impression was that it's an above-average hotel that's obviously operated at a higher standard than other HoJo's or many other hotels on the Harbor Blvd. strip.

The pluses..

-I booked the room to arrive on a Thursday night, but I knew I wouldn't be getting in to Anaheim until at least 2am on Friday. I added that in when I did my online reservation, and I called early Thursday evening to pre-warn them. I checked in at about 2:30 with no problem. On Sunday, we decided we wanted to stay an extra day, and that was taken care of with a quick call to the front desk. Absolutely no problem or room-change necessary.

-I fully expected to be paying for the night I arrived, 4 nights total. Low and behold, they only charged me for 3. A very, very pleasant surprise.

-Front desk people were extremely helpful during checkin and checkout.

-The proximity of the hotel to the Disneyland entry plaza, for us, was a 12 minute walk. Trust me, we worked the park a lot harder than my previous visits and were completely exhausted by the time we went to leave, and the walk was still no big deal. It's easily manageable.

-Plenty of parking, and the parking's free. Big difference from the Hilton's 8 bucks a day.

The minuses..

-Requested a Garden Pool room view in Building 2. We ended up being on floor 2,in the far, far back corner of Building 2 and about as close to I-5 as it gets, so freeway noise was definitely a factor and it was absolutely noticeable the entire time. It's not something that bugs me, but for other people, it would have been a major issue. The view ended up being of a corridor between buildings, and not the pool or a garden.

-We were out and about until at least 1am at night, so we weren't exactly early risers. Low and behold, I get woken up by a knock on the door at about 8:30am. I barely make it out of bed and to the door before the housekeeper outside let herself in. Behind the housekeeper was a family of 5 holding their luggage, staring at me. The housekeeper quickly apologized when I opened the door and left with the family, but the incident was pretty bizarre.

Overall....Nice, clean, extremely convenient location with a couple of problems. I'd stay again.

17  Thank Bounty8111
Reviewed June 5, 2006

We stayed at the Howard Johnson for 5 nights last month and found the hotel to be great we were in building two over looking the pool. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful and our room was always cleaned early which was nice when we came back in the mid afternoon for some R&R and a swim. My children girls ages 6 and 11 enjoyed the games room and loved all of the pools ' It was nice to be able to watch the fireworks one night from the hallway outside our room. All in all we had a great stay for a reasonable price

• Stayed: May 2006
11  Thank mksl
Reviewed June 5, 2006

We stayed at the Howard Johnson for 4 nights in April,06. The hotel was all that was required for our time as we spent most of the days and nights at Disneyland.The pool was great even though a little cool.Eating was no problem as there was an abundance of eating places along the road. Walking to Disneyland was easy and not far at all..even the kids did't complain. The only problem was that if you have an early arrival as we did from Australia you need to book an early check in. Laundry facilities were good. We even bought our tickets for Disneyland at the hotel and it was cheaper than buying them prior.
I would not hestitate to recommend this hotel as long as your not spending a lot of time in your room, as the rooms are small for 4 people.

• Stayed: April 2006