Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground
$118
Anaheim Marriott(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
$144
$508
$801
$698
7,921 results
All reviewsgarden poolmimi's cafecastaway covestayed in buildingho jominute walkgift shopgames roomacross the streetmain poolhot tubdisney viewkids suitegreat family hotelconvenience storeeasy walk to disneylandfree parking
Reviewed September 6, 2004

My 6 years-old daughter and I stayed Aug. 21 - Aug. 28, 2004. We arrived early and was able to check in right away. This was great. I was a little dissapointed to find out that Bldg #2 was way in the back of the property. The walk to and from Disneyland was not bad at all. When I am on a vacation such as this, there are only two reasons for a hotel room: to sleep and to bathe. We had no problem with sleeping. The bedding was fairly clean and the noise level was not a problem at all. However, the towels that were left in our room were horrible. The face towels and bath towels were very dingy. The floor mat was alot whiter and so was our tennis shoes. In one night, I sent them back to housekeeping three times. They seem to get worse with each return. I was told that the housekeeping manager had hand picked the ones that I received and I was promised new towels twice. They were still not acceptable. Finally, I went to Target and to bought my own face towels. Then each night I went to the pool to pick out white bath towels on my own. I did get "new" towels that next night but after that it just seemed to get worse. This hotel was deceit and if I stay here again, I will bring my own towels.

1  Thank Cheri K
Management response:Responded October 4, 2004

Dear TripAdvisor User, St. Paul, MN:

Thank you for your business and for your comments about our towels. We are proud of our laundry department and assure you that our towels and bed linen are always clean and sanitary. My Housekeeper did sort through towels to find you our best and even unpacked some brand new towels to accommodate your request but we were unable to meet your expectations. Although I have never received a complaint of this nature before I know that according to the White House Office of Consumer Affairs 96% of customers do not complain out loud. So I take your comment seriously, not only because we did not meet your expectations but also as a possible harbinger of other unvoiced complaints.

I appreciate your high standards and share your same values. We work with Ecolab Company (the nation’s leading hotel chemical supply company) to fulfill the hotel’s chemical needs. Our Laundry Department’s main goal is to balance two primary objectives: clean, sanitary, bright white terry/linen and minimal negative impact on the environment. Your comments suggest that we still have some work to do regarding the first objective. We are meeting with Ecolab and challenging them to help us produce even better results.

One of our main challenges in keeping our laundry bright white is the City of Anaheim’s high mineral content in the water. Hard water is measured in grains of hardness and Anaheim’s is quite high at 24 grains. If the water chemistry is not just right any mineral residue can burn in the hotel’s dryers causing the terry fibers to gray which can make the towels look dingy (but they are not dirty).

Thank you for keeping us on our toes!

Reviewed September 5, 2004

WOW! Everyone & everything was perfect about this hotel! I loved the rooms and the pools!

Take a look at the website for this hotel, it is very useful and helpful to accomodate your stay!

So, we stayed here from 8/28/04 thru 9/2/04. Wish we could of stayed longer! The management and staff are very courteous, helpful, and go out of their way to make you and the others comfortable. They were very informative and knew all about the parks, restaurants, and transportation.

We stayed on the 7th floor and had a great view of the fireworks. Our room was very spacious and clean. Housekeeping was great and very courteous. They were always setting up our childrens' stuffed animals up on the bed nice & neat. Which our kids got a big kick out of! The hotel's pools were very clean and nice. It is such fun! They have a children's wade pool and this cute little fountains for them to splash in with a turtle. My 7-year old son and 4 -year old daughter loved them. And to be honest, I loved the fountains too! I played with my kids in it for hours! They have bathrooms and showers (spotlessly clean) on site next to the pool. They have fresh towels for you to use out by the pools!

The landscaping is gorgeous! I just loved it and cannot wait to go back there again! It was wonderful! Thank-you Hojo Anaheim!! :)

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Glenelg MD
Reviewed September 3, 2004

Believe the reviews. Family (myself and two teen daughters) spent a week in early August. Room (building 4) was EXTREMELY quiet even though I know there were little kids on either side. Noisy rooms are my pet peeve. Overall service (reponsiveness of front desk, etc.) was great too.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed August 31, 2004

Our family arrived at the Howard Johnson on August 9, 2004 and stayed through to August 19. What a wonderful stay we had at this hotel. Initially we had requested a Disney View in Building 1 (as recommended by most reviewers on this site). There was nothing available upon arrival and so we were put up in one of the Home Office rooms. We were told that management could satisfy our initial request the following day however, never moved as we were so impressed with the Home Office room.

The room was very spacious and clean and there was a fridge and microwave which both came in very handy. We heard no traffic noise at all and had a very good sleep each night. We found that the walk from the hotel to the park was in close proximity and we never felt too tired to do it.

We found the staff extremely friendly and always willing to assist us with any request that we had. They often provided us with a print out of driving directions to wherever we decided to go each day.

The guests of the Howard Johnson proved to be just as wonderful, as a family turned in my mother's credit cards/money/Disneyland pass etc. one evening when she lost had dropped them just outside the hotel.

We have never gone as far as to write a positive review of a hotel before however, have written several negative ones. This website was instrumental in deciding where we would stay on our holiday and proved to be very helpful. I have been especially impressed with the Howard Johnson's hotel Manager's responses on this website.

We had such an excellent holiday that we are going back to the Howard Johnson again in August 2005, but this time for 21 days!!!!

This is a very comfortable hotel in the moderate price range and we would recommend it highly!!!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 31, 2004

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 childre, (ages 9 and 10 ) .Overall we were very impressed with the service and attitude of the employees there .All staff was friendly and very helpful .
The other reviews of clean rooms and friendly staff were confirmed with our experience .
I had brought a Dell Laptop ,and was having some difficulties accessing the internet .This issue was resolved .I was told that for some reason that Dell computers were more problemic .

All in all ,I will return again .Thanks to the management and staff for making our stay a most enjoyable one .

3  Thank pkw1956