On the room key and the check in brochure they say that they strive for 5 on trip advisor but they don't have the service or amenities to back that up.
1. The room is very dated. Retro is fine for the lobby but I want an up to date room. It looked like the 80s at best.
2. Water pressure in the shower wasn't great and when you switched the water from tub to shower a lot of water still flowed out of the lower tap. Very wasteful.
3. There was no outlet by my side of the bed. Luckily we travel with an extension cord.
4. Toiletries were low quality.
5. Discovered on the 2nd day that only one of our keys worked.
6. Wall attached blow dryer, they never have enough power!
7. Bought 2 muffins in the gift shop, they were too stale to eat. But the person working in there was friendly and gave us plastic knives without being asked.
8. The bed was reasonably comfortable and the room was quiet despite the freeway being right there.
Biggest complaint was the service. We checked in around 8:30 and settled into our room and then walked back to the lobby to buy park passes for the next day since we forgot to do it at check in. Arrived at 9:16 to be told that they only sell them to 9:00 and they were locked in the safe for security reasons. This was NOT in the brochure we were given at check in or in the room information which all just stated that they sold park passes. Nor was it mentioned at check in. Check in was not friendly or welcoming nor were the other staff interactions we had other than the employee at the gift shop. Also, the security thing and other security warnings made me wonder how safe the area is.
We stay at a lot of Hampton Inn and similar chains of that type and this place simply didn't measure up. I would not recommend this place and wouldn't stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson