My small family of three ( gorgeous wife, 11 year old daughter, and myself) stayed at the HoJo Plaza Anaheim from April 25th-30th 2004. Lets just set the record straight right now: IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A LUXURY HOTEL....KEEP LOOKING! This hotel is set in a modest yet adorable family-style setting with few of the costly amenities associated with the larger hotel chains. The rooms were clean, quaint, and roomy yet you never felt like they went out of their way to modernize during the renovation in 2000. Our room definitely had a "disco 70's" appeal. The pool area was beautiful and opened promply at 8am every morning and was usually still full at midnight when they closed. Few, if any hotels these days are willing to accommodate their guest with pool hours stretching to midnight which allows even the adults to enjoy a lil jacuzzi action long after the sun goes down. THE WALK FROM OUR HOTEL ROOM TO THE GATE ENTRANCE OF DISNEYLAND WAS ONLY 8 MINUTES. Brisk walkers can cut a few minutes off that time and larger families with multiple children should still have "lively feet" after a slow stroll down Harbor Blvd. The main office was prompt during check-in and even had our room ready 2 hours early since we arrived at 11am. The manager assured us we'd have our desired room before 1pm and he did! The front desk was even pleasant enough to find me a local barber shop and map out its location for me. All in all Id say this is a perfect lil getaway hotel for the budget conscious traveller, but dont expect all the frills associated with many of the other HoJo properties. I had one complaint and one complaint only....THEY HAD NO CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST! Take into consideration that the average family of three spends roughly 20-35 dollars on a quick breakfast meal. Now consider this..add that "20-35 bucks" onto an upgraded hotel where the continental breakfast is FREE and suddenly you'd have a better overall value than the HoJo Anaheim has to offer and probably get a nicer hotel! Just something to keep in mind. I have a few digital photos of the pool and jacuzzi. Just drop me an email and Id be happy to share them with you all. Any other questions, just feel free to ask!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Anaheim Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California