We very recently stayed at the HoJo Anaheim and found it to be a terrific hotel. The grounds are lovely (and they are doing some upgrading, as well), the staff was friendly and helpful, and our room was immaculate and comfortable (though some non-skid surface in the tub wouldn't go amiss), and kept that way by very speedy, efficient housekeeping. The location is definitely a HUGE plus as it is such a short walk from the hotel to the Disneyland entrances. However, I give it only four stars because of one issue that I believe to be significant, but entirely fixable.
As nice as the room was, the beds were HORRIBLE. Very, very soft. Now, many people won't be troubled by this but if anyone in your party has difficulty sleeping on a soft mattress (and seriously, the beds were so soft, it was hard to even sit on them), this becomes a real problem. We called about it the first night and were informed that the hotel doesn't keep any boards to put under mattresses. This really surprised us as we have requested bed boards at a number of hotels over the years and never had an issue getting one. After a very uncomfortable night, we spoke to the front desk in the morning and they sent up a fold away (which they gave us at no charge - much appreciated). This was pretty lumpy but by moving the fold away mattress to the floor, I was able to sleep fairly well each night.
This was uncomfortable enough that I can give only four stars to an otherwise wonderful hotel, but I do feel that it's a problem that would be easily corrected by keeping some heavy plywood on hand for just such a situation. Had we all been able to use the beds, I wouldn't have hesitated to give a five star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Anaheim Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California