After our 5 days at the Disneyland Resort (staying at the Disneyland Hotel), we decided to take a two-night break at the HoJo rather than drive down to San Diego. We were traveling with our just turned 7 boy/girl twins and they needed some rest before our next adventure to Legoland.
The HoJo was a great choice for us. The twins LOVED the water play area and spent all day Friday playing in the water. The location was 10 minutes to Downtown Disney and actually a much closer walk to the Disney gates than from the Disneyland Hotel. It was also close to a nearby mall that had many more dinner choices with none of the waits you find in Downtown.
The price per night was less than half of what we paid for the Disney hotel.
The rooms were fairly clean but dated. We were in building 5 on the second floor and so had the huge skylights, which woke us up early. I know most people don't go to the Disney area to sleep so this may not be an issue for some, but for us on our rest day it was a bummer, especially for our kids, who could have used some extra sleep.
The room was also very noisy because we weren't blocked by Building one and could see and hear the highway. I did have ear plugs, which helped.
Again, I wasn't expecting the Taj Mahal for the price. The hotel is a very affordable option and it was great for our short stay. I didn't love the rooms but my children were just as happy in this room as they were at the Disney hotel. This room was also larger than the Disney room.
If you are looking for an affordable, simple hotel to stay near Disney with a fun pool for your kids, this is your hotel. Just ask for a room without the skylights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Anaheim Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California