Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground
$118
Anaheim Marriott(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
$144
$508
$801
$698
7,921 results
All reviewsgarden poolmimi's cafecastaway covestayed in buildingho jominute walkgift shopgames roomacross the streetmain poolhot tubdisney viewkids suitegreat family hotelconvenience storeeasy walk to disneylandfree parking

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Howard Johnson for 7 nights with my 2 kids aged 18 & 11. I have to say that after reading the reviews I was a little disappointed with the hotel. We were in building 2 and I found the the noise from the freeway woke me every morning VERY early. Our room on level 2 did not have a balcony but rather a very small landing that you could just manage to stand on. The noise from the 9.30 fireworks at Disney each night was very loud - didn't really bother us but might be an issue for those who like an early night. The hotel is about 15 minute walk to Disney, imagine it would be longer with younger kids, that might not seem much but after a big day at the parks you come to dread that walk home. The pools are good and the water playground was very popular with the younger kids. The hotel is a little dated. I was confused by the little tickets around the room letting you know that the hotel wanted to save power, etc and wouldn't change the sheets every day unless you left a card on your pillow, similar with hanging up towels to reuse them, not having your fridge on to be cold when you arrive - I can handle all that, but then they give you 4 polystyrene cups each day with plastic sticks!! A china mug would be much nicer. Two tea bags were given most days - I just bought my own. The staff were great and vey helpful. If I were to return to Disney I would probably stay at a resort closer to the parks and the downtown Disney area.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was a first stay at HoJo Anaheim, usually stay down the street. We stayed at Building 2 on the 3rd floor, facing the pool. The pros: 1) Nice landscaping, 2) Parking close to the building, 3) Close to I-5, which was an easy in and out to go to other theme parks, 4) Lots of room to fit the 4 of us, 5) They had Keurig coffee makers, refrigerators and microwave ovens and a small safe in our room 6) Friendly staff and will strive to make your stay enjoyable. Unfortunately, there were some cons that should be looked into: 1) AC was to noisy, which made it hard to sleep (turned it off and left the sliding door open) 2) The shower knobs were opposite of the actual temp of the water, my daughter got burned thinking that it was suppose to be cold. Other than that is was a good stay, but not worth the five there are striving for.
Tip: If you want to avoid the crowds walking to the park, cross harbor at Manchester and walk to DL.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I vacationed with our daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandchildren. Loved that we were close to each other in the hotel and within walking distance of Disney. Grandkids loved the bunkbeds in their room and hotel waterpark. We all enjoyed the pool. The staff was always helpful and the hotel and grounds were well kept. 3 washers and 6 dryers in building 1 basement was well lite and convenient.