“Family fun at the HoJo”

Ranked #18 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Woodacre
“Family fun at the HoJo”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Bunk bed suite was great. No traffic noise even though we were close to the fwy. pool was amazing, and the store had more than we could ever need. We will be returning on our next visit to Anaheim.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (816)
  • Czech first
Anchorage
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hotel was just ok. The rooms were outdated with worn furniture. The upholstered furniture was stained and the bathrooms while clean were dingy and worn as well. We had two deluxe park view rooms on the third floor, but the view was blocked by trees and the roof of the adjacent building.

The hotel lobby is locked at night and I had to stand outside to register which I found unnerving. If it us too dangerous for employees isn't it too dangerous for guests as well? Most hotels have you ring a bell and buzz you in if you arrive late.

We also had issues with housekeeping not doing our rooms until very late afternoon even though we had requested morning service. We were traveling with my severely autistic grandson and needed to keep a schedule for him.

We chose this hotel for the water park. The area was much smaller than the pictures on the internet indicated and the kids quickly lost interest. They preferred the regular pool.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Monterey, California, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I booked my room sight unseen based on my own research and the recommendation of friends. I was a little nervous, but I can definitely say, without a qualm, this was money well spent.
After HOURS in the car with my two teenaged children and my little one (2.5), it was a huge relief to arrive at our hotel and find an enormously friendly staff in a beautiful, clean lobby, with NO problems whatsoever checking in. We were up in our spacious, clean, comfy room within minutes, where we changed clothes and walked across the street to Mimi's cafe (yes, it's a chain, but they make a mean bloody mary) for a nice lunch.
After that, a short hop back to our room to change into bathing suits, and then I took my little one down to the on-site WATERPARK, perfect for kids of all ages. Seriously, this was a great way to fill our time prior to our trip to Disneyland. It completely erased the need for me to find something to entertain my kids with- the small and the not so small. And it was geared towards smaller kids, so I didn't even worry about my toddler on the waterslides or in the little pool.
We were on the fourth floor, and the first night, we watched the fireworks at Disneyland from our hotel balcony. The next day, i watched my teenagers in the "big people" pool from the same spot. Also, it was incredibly easy to walk to Disneyland (five minutes) and back in case you needed a nap.
This was a wonderful experience. The hotel was a dream- the grounds are beautiful, clean, kid friendly and still quiet and safe feeling. The staff was amazingly friendly, from the front desk to the incredibly sweet woman in the gift shop. I would do it again- and I'm sure I will. This will be my go-to for any trip I ever take...they truly helped extend the experience of "the happiest place on earth" to us, even outside the walls of Disneyland.

Room Tip: We stayed in building two on the fourth floor- great views of everything.