We stayed at the Howard Johnson for one week during the end of April and the beginning of May and it pretty much lived up to expectations from all the reviews on this site.
The walk is very short to Disneyland - 7 minutes is about right, maybe a little longer with smaller children. The staff is always friendly and was willing to help us when we needed directions. You can catch a good view of the Disneyland fireworks on the west side of Howard Johnson near the parking lot. The property is well maintained and the room was nice and clean.
There were a couple downsides to the hotel. The biggest one is that there is no microwave in most rooms. That would have come in handy when we had leftover dinner from the night before. The front desk told us that there are none because the power would be overloaded in the rooms - hope they resolve this issue soon. The second thing is minor - I didn't like the bath soap provided by the hotel. Next time I would bring my own.
Microwave and soap aside, I would stay in the HoJo again.
In terms of food around the hotel, Mimi's was an excellent choice for breakfast and dinner. Didn't go there for lunch but you definitely get full value for what you pay. We also tried Millie's which is part of Fairfield by Marriott (I think) and close to Howard Johnson. It was horrible. The food was cold and did not look appetizing when it came to the table. We also walked to GardenWalk which is a relatively new cluster of restaurants. It's about a 15 or so minute walk from Howard Johnson and the Cheesecake Factory was fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson