We are SoCal passholders with 3 young kids who decided to stay one night to celebrate our 6 year old daughter's birthday at Disneyland. The hotel was just what we needed.
We booked with HoJo using the 20% discount they extend to Disneyland passholders. The check-in was quick and easy; they even let us check-in early! We had a 2 queen beds deluxe (superior?) room on the 5th floor in Building 1 with views of the hotel's Castaway Cove and Disneyland's Matterhorn. The beds were comfy and the linens clean. There was a small fridge, microwave, and a coffee maker. The fridge was unplugged and a little moldy, so we didn't end up using it. There was a small table with 2 chairs but no sofas or other seating. Our kids are little, so the number of beds was adequate, but for those who need a roll-away, the hotel charges $15 + tax. We had no problems with noise (except for some early-riser guests who were talking in the hallway). We did have a problem with mosquitoes -- killed 3 the night we stayed. The only other problem was some moldy grout in the tub. A nice convenience was the extra sink outside the bathroom.
The hotel is a 5 - 10 minute walk to Disneyland, depending on how tired your and your little ones are. It is a safe walk in that there are always people walking to and from their hotels along the street. McDonald's and Mimi's Cafe are nearby. We ordered out twice from Mimi's, once for dinner and once for breakfast (used $5 off coupons each time). Make sure to ask for extra plates and cutlery! McDonald's, of course, is open late and is convenient, if more expensive than other McDonald's.
Check-out was also a breeze; just follow the instructions on the t.v. Before we left, the kids played at the hotel's waterpark and small arcade. They LOVED that, so much so that my youngest keeps asking when we're going back to the hotel! The morning was a little overcast and chilly, but the water in the wading pool was heated. There is also a jacuzzi. I think my kids loved the big water slide best.
I looked around a little in the hotel's small convenience store. It seemed to carry a large variety of items, albeit overpriced ones.
All in all, the hotel was convenient for our visit to Disneyland, and the kids enjoyed the amenities! The only complaint would be over the moldy mini-fridge and bathtub. Despite that, we would consider staying again for our other daughter's birthday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson