If you are looking for a modest motel with family friendly prices close to Disneyland this place will be a good choice. All of the motels within walking distance of Disneyland are very comparable in style. I have stayed in 3-4 motels in this area and I think the Howard Johnson is one of the better ones.
1- Cleanliness- the rooms and the grounds were clean and well kept
2- The beds and linens were outstanding for a budget motel. Very comfortable beds and pillows that were as nice as any I have experienced at more expensive hotels
3- The pool and water park- Due to flight delays and a decrease in temperature, we were not able to use this as much as we would have liked but we enjoyed the time we were able to spend there. Definitely a step above the other motels in this area!
4- Proximity to Disneyland- it is on the outer limit of what I would consider an easy walk to Disneyland- but very doable even with small children. For days when you don't feel like walking, the ART transit bus picks you up right outside the lobby and you are the last stop before Disneyland. We used the ART on most days but we also walked back a couple of nights after a long day at the park. It was nice to have the choice of whether to ride or walk.
5- small convenience store on site. The store sold snacks, cereal, milk, sodas, beer, wine, and souvenirs. Not a large food selection, but enough to get by if you don't have a car that can get you to a grocery store.
6- Service- everyone was very helpful and friendly and eager to get you whatever you needed to make your stay enjoyable. We booked 3 rooms for our extended family and they were able to place us close together. They were also able to give us a late check out for one room on the day of departure which was very handy.
Cons- not many but a couple of things that could be better.
1- no restaurant on site. There are many restaurants close by so this is minor but it is always more convenient to have a restaurant right on site.
2- The bathrooms are very dated and in need of some repairs. There was peeling paint and crumbling caulking in ours. The most concerning thing was lack of a non slip surface in the bath tub. It had completely worn off and this was a bit if a safety hazard.
All in all I liked this motel and I would stay here again. I hope they are able to fix the bathrooms soon, but other than that the rooms were very nice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson