Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
Ranked #63 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Highway Robbery”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Book a king, got a queen. No kleanex in room. No extra pillows provided. Rooms on third floor by room 300 shouldn't be allow for occupancy-very noise fan. Heater is a manual window that doesn't cutoff. This part of the motel/hotel looks, feels like a motel 6! No lies. If your lucky, you will never find this place.
My bad luck.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank citytraveler2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
Sacramento
Reviewed July 27, 2010

This hotel is very heavily used and it kind of shows. Couple of cracks/dings on the furniture. TV in the room did not work very well. Breakfast was pretty basic; first Fairfield I have stayed at that did NOT have a waffle maker. Rooms facing the freeway are pretty noisy and there are a lot of kids running up and down. Not the quietest place. Staff was great; very friendly and helpful. Location is good for access to Orange County, but remember ths is NOT right at Disneyland!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I picked this hotel with a package from expedia. The room was EXTREMELY inexpensive. I did much research about hotels near Disney. As a budget minded traveler with young kids, hotels within walking distance that I could afford, seemed a bit seedy. So a few miles away (only about 15 minutes by car), Fairfield inn seemed a good choice. It was in a nice neighborhood with a Mercedes dealer right next door. Because previous reviewers complained of noise because of the nearby highway, I requested a pool view room which was kindly given to us. Check-in was easy.

Honestly, our family only used this room to sleep in. It was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was quite nice sized. Either we got really lucky with good neighbors or the room was VERY quiet at night.

We did A LOT of sightseeing all over southern California, not just Anaheim. Traffic at times was horrible, so if you are traveling to LA, you might want to stay a bit closer. However, this hotel was close to many restaurants and stores, which was convenient for frequent stops to Walmart.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Anaheim area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank truetraveler8
SoCal
Reviewed June 21, 2010

and you can stay at a nicer place with better service and a real breakfast.

I booked this for the weekend for a family event. I specifically asked for two beds or a bed and a sofa sleeper since we were traveling with two kids. I arrived 30 minutes after check in and was informed only one room was available. I hauled the bags to the room to find it only had one bed. The desk clerk said it was my fault as I must have asked for only one bed. I checked out and drove one exit east and stayed in a studio suite with a wonderful king bed and nice sofa sleeper at the Ayers suites for $109. Free wifi, a real breakfast, and real customer service.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
CA
Reviewed November 7, 2009

I booked my room through Priceline for extended family that were visiting for the week.
Got a very good deal at a little under $40 per night for 5 nights.

I requested two beds, but the room was quite small with little room to walk around. Although there was a mini-fridge, microwave, desk, and lounge chair, it was all crammed into the room.

While there was free continental breakfast each morning, free parking, and was relatively clean, it was way too close to the 91 freeway. If you can, request a room not facing the highway (rather facing the pool), you won't have to listen to the sound of cars when you are in your room.

So, if you're looking for a cheap hotel stay for a few nights in the Anaheim Hills / Yorba Linda area, this is a decent place. I recommend using Priceline for the best rates.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Marlton, NJ
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I can't say one bad thing about this hotel. We were on our first trip to Disneyland and this hotel was just what we needed. The staff kept our room impeccably clean for the 11 nights we spent there. The staff was courteous and friendly. The free breakfast was nothing special but certainly met our needs. If you're planning on a vacation in the area I highly recommend the Fairfield Inn of Anaheim Hills. You're not right next door to Disney but there is no daily parking fee that the closer hotels have and it's only a 15 minute drive. If you can, try to request a room overlooking the pool.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Very professional staff, very clean considering it is a 2-start hotel. We enjoyed the free breakfast and it exceeded our expectations and there was a waitress looking after the guests and hot food was promptly brought in.
It has a nice pool which we didn't use. The area is very quiet and close to a plaza with different restaurants.
I will stay there again.

Cons: The bathroom looked outdated and I didn't like the slide door but we only used it for minutes every day. Towels weren't fluffy but that's a 2-star quality.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills
Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
#1 of 2 in Yorba Linda
Candlewood Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area
The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County? Share your experiences!