“just another motel”

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
Ranked #59 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed April 14, 2006

one night, early checkin at 2pm accepted. An elderly couple was ahead of me and tried to get early checkin too and had to wait 30 minutes. No mention of Priceline. Parking lot was empty at 2pm. I was assigned a third floor room, facing the 91 Artesia Freeway and your could hear the noise through the cracks of the door, bring your soft ear plugs. They need to put more weather striping so the noise does not get into the room. This place is definately a two star as the room was motel like, thin walls and cheap used, scuffed up furniture. There was a fridge in the room, but it turned the quart of milk I bought into an icee. The exterior lights on the main building were out during darkness. I heard the neighbor slam the door and yell into the parking lot, so yes, this is a two star motel. OK continential breakfast with toasts, cold cereals, yougurt and juices and pasteies. The parking lot was filled when I returned at 9pm. Location wise, two shopping centers, one just around the fence and lotsa places to eat. Only reason I decided to stay here was I would be driving to San Diego the next day and did not want to drive through LA. I think I'll stick to 3 star and above. I'd stay here again only if I did not have a choice.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank plainjohn

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2006

Check-in was a breeze. When I saw it on the map I was a bit concerned since it was pretty close to the highway but our room faced the parking lot on the inside and I didn't get any noise. Even otherwise it was fairly quiet. The room was good but the main light wasn't working. I didn't care for it much anyways since there were 3 other lights and I basically used the room to crash for the night. The other issue was the lack of dark drapes which caused a lack of privacy in the room and left the room lit at night.

The bathroom door was a "slider" which I didn't like very much. And it had no easy-to-grab handles making it difficult to use. The mini-fridge was in the bathroom which seemed like a weird place to put it. But it did give out a hum so maybe it wasn't such a bad idea to leave it there.

Everything else was clean and the experience was pleasant. Complimentary breakfast was super. Lots of choice ... cereal, milk, bread, bagels, muffins, french toast, raisin bread, boiled eggs, fruits, tea, coffee, juices etc. And they never ran out. Breakfast time during the week was 6:30 - 9:30 am and we saw guests arrive just after 9:30 and still have enough. They did tend to stop the restocking after 9:30.

The pool looked great but it was a cool evening and I didn't really have the time so I stayed away. There was an exercise room too and guests had use of the LA fitness centre next door. There's also a mall next door with a Quiznos, a Starbucks and Mexican and Indian food options.

On the whole a lovely experience ... very quiet and I'd love to go back there again.

• Stayed: December 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Norfolk
Reviewed August 8, 2005

I am a frequent guest at Marriotts, but this was my first Fairfield Inn. The room was average, but clean. We had a small issue with a bathroom door, and maintenance was sent immediately and solved the problem. Pool looked clean and lovely, although I didn't use it. The front desk personnel were polite and helpful. Continental breakfast had a broad selection, and was very well attended - a hotel employee was constantly restocking. Location good - right off freeway. Would recommend to anyone passing through, or families looking for clean but nice budget accomodations.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 6, 2005

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills for 2 nights early Aug2005.
After reading some of the previous reviews I was getting nervous.
I'm wondering if the people who had their room given away has guaranteed (with a credit card) reservations.
PROS:
Room was ready when we got in.
Free internet access.
Room reasonably clean
Room VERY quiet. (Couldn't hear the 90 / 91 even though very close.)
Breakfast was more than adequate ( cereal, french toast, bagels, cream cheese, hard boiled eggs, coffee, tea, apples, bananas.)
CONS: some of the furniture and carpet was stained which turns me off.
Paid AAA rate of $72/night for 2 beds which seemed a fair deal to me because this is a pretty nice area.
It took about 20 mins to get to Disneyland.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank javalinas_mom
Reviewed July 2, 2005

When we arrived, we were told that we had reservations for the night before. NOT TRUE! Our confirmation was for the night we showed up. They said there was no room. They directed us to another one of their affilates 15 minutes away and $20.00 more per night. UNACCEPTABLE! Yes we had to accept it because there was not another room to be had in the area. Since they were filled up they really didn't care about us or our situation. In fact they said that if we didn't take the other location within 15 minutes it would no longer be available. Never before have we encounter such a situation.

Stayed: July 2005
8  Thank daved0rsey
San Jose, CA
Reviewed April 20, 2005

This experience was terrible. When we arrived, it took the staff 20 minutes to give up our room key (at 12 am). The room was small but the bathroom was big which was nice. At night we could hear the freeway and the toilet running as well as banging on the wall. What that was I do not know! My sister had people next to her partying it up playing techno music and the next day we moved to another room closer to my parents and sister. They gave us the key to the room which was the room of the partiers. It was messy, the beds were unmade, there was jug of alcohol, and a overwhelming smell of smoke. We called the desk who said they would move us. It took them nearly half an hour to give us a new key. The staff is rude and the hotel although nice looking on the outside, is deceiving. I would never stay there again unless they hired new people!

• Stayed: April 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ventura, CA
Reviewed April 16, 2005

Having read prior reviews, I was hesitant about staying here, so we only booked one night. However, I found the hotel staff very nice, the bed very comfortable, the pillows great, the shower terrific and the room quite clean. The next morning the breakfast offered us more food than we could eat and everything was set out in a very organized and clean manner. So after the first night we extended our stay for the rest of our trip in Anaheim!

• Stayed: April 2004