“Pretty Out of the Way,but Inexpensive”

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
Ranked #58 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is on the older end of the Fairfield Inn's I have stayed at -- every room opens onto a common balcony which would not have been too bad except I had guys outside smoking until all hours of the morning -- the rooms were clean but it was not an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Hello Mike D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills. Although I am pleased to see that you had a nice rate that does not make up for the less than stellar stay. We do have designated smoking areas such as the patio and it sounds as if there were guests that did not adhere to that room. I do so hope that the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so that we can wow you with our service and a good nights rest.

Thank you again we do appreciate your stay and for sharing.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This hotel is just what you would expect for a motel-type Marriott property: Clean comfortable rooms, but nothing spectacular. A bit over-priced for what you get, I thought. The outside of the buildings are typical multi-story road-side motel, but cleaner. My room faced the pool, which was noisy with screaming kids at 10 at night, but quieted down later in the evening. Location of the motel off the freeway is good. Staff was friendly and efficient. Breakfast bar was just fair, but a struggle to find with no signage and located in a separate building. The entry to the breakfast bar was littered with empty boxes, and walking up to it, you got the feeling you were going into the hotel laundry or some other service area. Over-all, a fair property, but a bit disappointing for the Marriott brand.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you so much for providing your feedback. I am glad to see that we met your expectations of for our guest rooms as well as our friendly and efficient service. I am sorry that there was difficulty in locating our breakfast room and am seeing into your suggestion for signage. We do want everyone to enjoy our waffles, sausage and eggs for breakfast. It is our hope that the next time you are in town you might stay with us again so that not only can we meet your expectations but we can exceed them so that you have an outstanding stay.

Nicole Reid
Sales Manager

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed at the Fairfield in for a one week business trip and was very impressed. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms spotlessly clean and the bed very, very comfortable. My room was located on the side closest to the Freeway so I was a little concerned about noise but to be honest I barely even noticed. Air con and wi-fi worked perfectly too.
On top of all this, the location is great. There are some nice restaurants and cafes within 2 min walk and it is easy to get to places like Newport Beach, an Angels game and a great shopping Mall (Outlets at Orange) and of course Disney is close by.
This was my first visit to the US and if I ever return to the area I wouldn’t hesitate to book the Fairfield Inn, Anaheim Hills.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

May I just say that it sounds as if you had a great first trip to the US and I am so glad that we were able to be apart of that! Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with others. Hopefully your second trip to the US brings you back to the Anaheim area and we are able to see you once again.

Thank you!
Nicole Reid
Sales Manager

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were in town for an Angel's game and a wedding in Laguna Beach. This hotel is conveniently located off the 91 Freeway. It's close enough to Disneyland and Anaheim Stadium to be conveniently without being right in the middle of everything. It's a nice hotel that serves a pretty good, hot breakfast buffet. The room was a little small but everything else was fine.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Hi TravelingGal it is so nice to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us while you were out here to enjoy an Angels game. Thank you for sharing your experience with us as we very much enjoy feedback. The next time you are in the area please come visit us again!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Very clean with modern, comfortable rooms. The location is great...near restaurants, a grocery store, and located right off the 91 freeway. The desk clerk who checked us in was extremely friendly and pleasant . The only flaw I found is this is an outside-entrance hotel, which i don't care for. Having said that, it didn't feel "motel-ish"(as most of these style tend to), especially once was inside my room.

Considering the full assortment of $100/night price range hotels, this is as good as I've seen. I would have given it 5 stars had it been a corridor-entrance hotel, like how Courtyard by Marriott hotels are.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool, which is away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the rooms, the staff and the location and hope the next time you are in the area you stay with us again. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Because this Fairfield has exterior corridors, it has a sort of updated motor lodge feel. My room faced the pool, away from the freeway, and I heard no highway noise in my room. The wifi was okay, but kicked me off the network a couple of times. No problems with cleanliness, and the rooms appear to have been recently renovated. The staff was consistently professional. It was very good for the price I paid (around $90).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Thank you so much for your stay with us in April! I do apologize for the internet as we have been in the process of upgrading our service. Soon we will have high speed internet of 20MBPS. I hope that you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Friendly staff, great location, clean, comfortable and spacious room with full amenities. Large, well-provisioned continental breakfast area. Park close to your room. Many restaurants very close. Reasonable value for the area. Close to Nixon library.

Room Tip: Recommend ground floor for easiest access.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chuck W
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing such a great experience! It is always great to hear that one of our guests has enjoyed their stay and I am sure fellow trip advisors will find your review helpful as well. There are a variety of restaurants in the area so hopefully you can try some new ones the next time you are in the area! Thank you again!