“Staff and breakfast make this a great value”

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
Ranked #58 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Ogden, Utah
“Staff and breakfast make this a great value”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for our recent trip to Disneyland. While I would not recommend it proximity to the park - it's about 45 minutes away in traffic - it a great little hotel. There are a handful of restaurants a grocery store and Starbucks all very near by. It is close to the freeway... So a big noisy - but the breakfast and staff are fantastic. There are many items to choose from - like make your own Belgium waffles and breakfast sandwiches. Great value.

• Stayed March 2013
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this reveiw as we appreciate guest feedback. I am glad that you were able to experience our breakfast as well as our friendly staff that helped make this a pleasant trip for you. I am sorry that due to traffic it took so long to get to the park as normally it takes about 15 minutes. It is my hope that you will come stay with us again the next time you and your family are in town as we have more changes coming such as our breakfast which will still include the waffles but we will be adding sausage and scrambled eggs. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
Tigard, OR
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

When I checked in I was a little nervous as the outside has the appearance of an old motel. Walkway in front of each of the rooms. The room itself was much nicer than I expected. The only complain here is the room heater/air conditioner was loud and hard to keep a constant temperature. Bed was very comfortable. I could hear outside noise/people walking by but the loud fan drowned most of it out. Very convenient to the 91 freeway and I made it to Anaheim much faster than I expected.

The computers in the lobby were not working so I couldnt print out my boarding pass.

Breakfast was standard Fairfield inn and very adequate.

Excellent running trail that is close to the hotel. For that reason alone I would probably stay there again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your recent stay and also providing your feedback as well. This is always helpful so that we can make changes to improve our guests stay. I am pleased to see that you were pleasantly surprised by the room as we have just completed our renovation. I am sorry that the business center was not yet up so that you were able to print your boarding passes. We would have been more than happy to get those printed for you. Since your stay the business center is now up in our newly renovated lobby for guests convenience. Hopefully you will get the chance to use it and the running trail again on your next stay. Thank you so much for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We selected this place sight unseen via the Marriott website. We were on vacation in Las Vegas and wanted a side trip to the LA area. Although the lobby was under construction, the room offered was great! It was small but very clean. The rooms must have been re-done recently. My only complaint, one that I wrote up in the Hotel's survey was that the sheets did not appear to have been changed since the last guest. Although my wife and I would normally not stand for this, we were way to exhausted to call the front desk at a late hour and deal with waiting for housekeeping personal to change the sheets. We dusted everything off and slept there for the one night. I recommend the hotel but, make sure you check your sheets.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to not only stay with us but to write this review. We appreciate your comments and I have passed along the information in regards to the sheets. Here at the Fairfield Inn Anaheim Hills we strive to give each guests a fresh clean room. We are in the final stages of the renovation so our rooms have been completely redone and I am so pleased that you were able to notice our hard work and incredible change. We will be done with the lobby soon and I would love for you to come back the next time you are in town so you can not only experience a fresh hotel but also a fresh room and a fresh experience. Thank you again!
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel really sucks. You won't be disappointed with your room-- it's clean and standard. But all the rooms wrap around the parking lot and the noise from cars, people, and people's music is really over bearing (and I live in Brooklyn) so don't expect to get any rest. The hotel staff is cheerful, but not helpful. They basically dismiss your issues without apology or offering alternatives. Would definitely recommend a different hotel. Don't waste your time or sleep here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We strive offer a relaxing stay as well as friendly yet helpful service. I would like to hear more about the issues that you have experienced so that I can look further into them. My email is nicole.reid@marriott.com. I do appreciate you taking the time to write this review and do hope that in the future you return to see what this newly renovated hotel has to offer. Thank you.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed in this location for few days,had a hard time to find the entrance to the hotel which was visible from the freeway but very confusing to find it through the back.
The rooms are very small , carpets old, smell of the deodorizer overbearing but complimentary continental breakfast makes it very economical for family with children .the comfortable bed by Marriott was the best and makes the stay something to remember.
Overall rating of this hotel is ok and average.

Room Tip: Good value for family of four , little far from the entertainment parks.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank david k
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I apologize that you had challenges finding our location. It sounds as if you stayed in one of our old rooms. We are actually in the final stages of our renovation and the rooms are completely different. I do hope that you will stay at our hotel again when you return to the area. In April we will be changing our breakfast so that it includes scrambled eggs and sausage. Thank you again for taking the time to review us so that we know what we can improve.
Novato, Ca
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I'll start with the ugly. They are doing a remodel so there are many full dumpsters in the parking lot making it very unsightly.
The Bad: The heater stopped working in the middle of the night and the new trend in Marriott hotels is to just supply one thin blanket. There were no extra blankets in the room. The freeway noise was very loud all night long. It was hard to sleep. The workman had the elevator tied up, so I had to carry my luggage up four flights of stairs.
The Good: The room was renovated and the breakfast was good.
And the best part, they refunded me the cost of the room because there was no heat.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel until the construction is complete. Don't get a room facing the freew...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I apologize that you were not able to enjoy a good nights sleep due to the noise from the freeway and the heat that went out. We have learned from this and have taken steps to ensure guests a warm nights sleep. We are looking forward to the end of our renovation soon and do hope that you will return when it is complete. We enjoy having guests such as yourself stay with us and I was pleased to see that we were able to take of the night for you. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and am thrilled to inform you that we will be making more improvements this year by adding scrambled eggs and sausage. Thank you again!
Hollister, California
Reviewed December 25, 2012

It's still under renovation, exercise room and hot tub closed. There is a good walking trail on the nearby Santa Ana Canyon Road, though. Good breakfast, friendly staff, centrally located near shopping centers, churches etc. Good noise proofing (freeway sounds are not obtrusive) so it seems quiet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nicole R, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay although we are under renovation. Hopefully you were able to stay in one of our newly renovated rooms. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast which will be changing again in April to include sausage and eggs and that you experienced friendly service. I do hope that you return once the renovation is complete. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda
Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
#1 of 2 in Yorba Linda
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills
No photo provided
No photo provided
Candlewood Suites Anaheim - Resort Area

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County? Share your experiences!