“High quality for the price.”

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
Ranked #57 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
La Habra, California
“High quality for the price.”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

For this level of hotel this is excellent quality with attention to detail and very well run. Parking is very convenient and free, No need to go throught the lobby to get to your room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
Pacific Grove, California
Reviewed November 20, 2011

My Mom & I were there for my cousins wedding & after a poor experience at another property up the road - we were walk-ins and very welcomed by the cheerful, helpful front desk team. A value oriented rate and a very nice (yes, small) room with all amenities necessary. We liked the brightness of the room too and the included breakfast was ample and perfect for us to begin our day. And I really appreciated the newspaper.
Close to lots of restaurants within walking. Easy access, plenty of parking.
And I dug the picture JR Marriott in the lobby - apparently the hotel sits on former ranch property of his.
Now I know to look for a Fairfield by Marriott for quality & value.

Room Tip: ask to stay away from freeway side
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Manila
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My boyfriend and I needed a place to stay while I visited my relatives in Anaheim Hills, Anaheim, CA. This was the perfect place - while the room was small, it was always very clean; it had a lot of amenities like a hair dryer, free internet and air-conditioning; the king-size bed was large and comfortable with wonderfully soft pillows; it had nice parking spots; it was near the freeways, and yet it was fairly quiet; it was close to a lot of restaurants and convenience stores; and the staff were very attentive to our needs. I feel bad that we weren't able to avail the free breakfast that came with the accommodation, but I was jet-lagged so I never woke up early enough to get it (my boyfriend was fussing over me since I am a very light sleeper and had flown in straight out of work), and it never occured to us to have it wrapped for take-out for us to eat at a later time. We're definitely coming back!

Room Tip: We got ours through Priceline, so be sure to check online for bargain deals. Also, the side facing t...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Nevada
Reviewed July 22, 2011

The hotel is located in a good area. There are plenty of places around to eat. Easy freeway access. The rooms facing the freeway are a little noisy. Staff was friendly.
The room and bathroom were clean. The beds were comfortable. However, the hotel claims they are queen size. If they are, they are a SMALL queen size bed. My husband and I have a queen at home and sleep fine, without hitting each other when we turn. On the hotel bed, we were constantly in each others space. Small bed!! The pillows were horrible. When you lay your head down, it sunk! It took 2 or 3 pillows to be somewhat comfortable.
The rooms are small. We booked the "suite". It was supposed to have 2 queen beds with a pull out couch. Well, I already went over the beds. As for the couch, it was a chair!! At best, a toddler fit on it. The "suite" added maybe 4 feet to the room. Very small room. Ok for 2 adults and 1 small child, but don't try to fit anyone else in or you will literally be on top of each other.
Breakfast was ok. Cereal, yogurt, bagels, muffins, oatmeal. They had hard boiled eggs for a few days then ran out and told us there would be no more until next week. There was an egg breakfast sandwich you could microwave. The breakfast selection was just ok. I have had much better "free" breakfast for hotels.
All in all this hotel was average, no major complaints.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the freeway side
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sftbllmomNevada
Lehi, Utah
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I stayed here with a friend to go to a few Angels games and it was good. It's what you would expect from a Fairfield Inn and the staff was nice. It is in a fairly quiet area, so the sleep quality was decent. It's only about 15-20 minutes from Disneyland, Angels Stadium, and the Honda Center. It's right off I-91, so it's easy to get around. It's a great place to stay for Anaheim events if you want to avoid the crowds near the Disneyland area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank hammerdroogs
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We stayed here because late last year we had stayed right on the "strip" for Disneyland at the Fairfield Inn across the street from the park and it was really gross (as most hotels on that strip seem to be). Plus, this was a last minute trip and rates were very high for those closer hotels. We figured we'd get a better value and better quality staying some distance away from the park. WRONG!

I am appalled that Marriott allows this hotel to run under its brand. The room was so old and worn and very seedy feeling. I've never stayed in a Motel 6 but that is what my husband compared it to. There were unknown stains on the bedskirt and in the carpet, etc.

Our bathroom was anything but clean...there were pubic looking hairs surrounding the entire floor around the toilet. Yes, I could have called down to have our room cleaned or moved but we were so exhausted from a 2 day drive and a child with an ear infection that I just cleaned it myself. The bathroom was very old and gross feeling. It was impossible to feel clean staying in this room.

The beds were very uncomfortable and I can sleep on just about anything and I woke up with my back hurting every morning.

The internet was horribly slow. I walked into the fitness center and was hoping for more...but I guess the heat was on or something b/c it felt unbearable to do a workout in. The pool didn't look clean either.

I don't know, maybe it was just our room: 404 I believe it was. The only redeeming part of the stay was that the lady who runs the free breakfast was super sweet and accommodating! The breakfast itself was sufficient enough. The drive to Disneyland was very doable--took us about 20 minutes (approx 10 miles) in the mornings and there are close to 4 or so different routes that you can take depending on traffic patterns/time of day.

Sorry, but we will never stay here again and I honestly think that from now on I will use my right to ask for a better room or move hotels if one isn't available in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tracygosnow
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Book a king, got a queen. No kleanex in room. No extra pillows provided. Rooms on third floor by room 300 shouldn't be allow for occupancy-very noise fan. Heater is a manual window that doesn't cutoff. This part of the motel/hotel looks, feels like a motel 6! No lies. If your lucky, you will never find this place.
My bad luck.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank citytraveler2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda
Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
#1 of 2 in Yorba Linda
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills
The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort
Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area
Candlewood Suites Anaheim - Resort Area

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County? Share your experiences!