In researching Disneyland area hotels for our trip this year, I discovered that I did not post a review for where we stayed last year, The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort. Overdue, but here it is. First things first: this hotel was fairly cheap. We got a rate of around $65/night for one king bed. Many other Disney area hotels were charging (and still do) twice that for similar accomodations, so it is a good value. The room was just fine--the bed was fine, the room was fairly spacious and had a mini-fridge, which is very handy. There was a pool and hot tub and the free breakfast is more then adequate--a selection of cereals, pastries, muffins, fruits and make-your-own waffles. If you have a room facing the parks, you can see some of the fireworks in the evening (but as a previous reviewer stated, do not pay extra for the view, the fireworks are quite a distance away and you only see partially). The cons? The location is not the greatest. Because the words "Disneyland Resort" are included in the hotel name, you may be led to believe that it is in walking distance to the parks. It really is not, especially after a long day in the parks, I could not imagine walking the 1 1/2 to 2 miles (or more) back to the hotel. They do not offer free shuttle service, but you can pay to take the shuttle. (The hotel itself is located right off the freeway, so a drive to the parks is just a few minutes). The location itself seemed dreary and perhaps unsafe? The neighborhood did not look too good. The other hotels give off a Disney-type vibe, the ones that are closer to the parks. This was did not at all. I wouldn't recommend for families--the distance from the parks is too far and it really isn't a family-friendly atmosphere. It is more suitable for adults or couples with a car. In review: Pros: cheap price, excellent free breakfast. Cons: not a good location or neighborhood. This is our third hotel in the Disneyland area--if you are going to Anaheim stictly to visit Disneyland, I recommend something closer to the parks, your feet will thank you at the end of the day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn & Suites Disneyland, Anaheim is a contemporary, five-story hotel with spacious rooms and suites, modern amenities, offering Disney tickets at the front desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Hotel Anaheim
- The Comfort Inn And Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort
- Comfort Inn Anaheim
- Anaheim Comfort Inn