The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort
Ranked #51 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Thunder Bay
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed here 7 nights while on vacation. 4 of the nights were on Choice points. I paid $113.00 per night for the other 3 nights.

This is a nice hotel. The pool/hotub area (outdoor) was nice. The room itself was nice, not overly spacious, but no complaints. They did have a pull out circular mirror in the bathroom which I think is a must in all hotel bathrooms, but you rarely see them. The A/C worked fine, with a digital thermostat on the unit which makes temperature setting easier. I used the exercise room, and was satisfied. The complimentary breakfast looked quite good, however it was so busy EVERY morning, I honestly couldn't even use it (this was my only real complaint about my stay here). The only other possible issue was the area...at times there were some questionable characters (and not the Disney type!) around on the streets near the hotel on our walks to and from Disney. Also, our room was on the top floor facing Disney, so we got to watch the nightly fireworks, however we were at the front of the motel, so there was a fair amount of road noise from Katella Avenue. Except for the inaccessable breakfast (this was the busiest complimentary breakfast area I have ever seen in my life!), the stay here was good.

Room Tip: Pick a room towards the back of the hotel for less road noise from Katella Avenue, but face Disney t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TheMadmanThunderBay
Farzana K, Guest Relations Manager at The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad to hear that you liked the over view of the property and enjoyed your stay. Just to let you and others know that we will be enlarging the breakfast area soon. I hope on your next visit you will come stay with us and enjoy the breakfast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here with friends. Each couple in a king room. The rooms were very spacious and clean. I loved having a microwave and refrigerator in the room but I really wish they would keep the refrigerator ready for use. While I appreciate saving energy (I recycle, whatever) a refrigerator takes several hours to come to temperature. We had dinner (Marri's- fantastic!) and brought home leftovers. Didn't notice until the next day that the refrigerator wasn't ready to go. Spoiled food is no fun.

Parking here is free, but limited. It was a irritating to return to the hotel after dinner to find it full.

We didn't get to have breakfast as there was a leak in the ceiling. It appeared to be a basic hotel breakfast.

I would stay here again, and I'll check the refrigerator before I put my food in it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Farzana K, Guest Relations Manager at The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and yes we conserve energy so the refridge and microwave is off. We have signs in each room explaining to guests on how to turn it on. We are more in happy to help as well. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay and would come back. We look forward to seeing you again.
NJ
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was a nice enough property. Despite it’s proximity to Disney it reminded me more of a business hotel than a vacation / resort. Although it’s adjacent to the I-5, the great wall of So Cal eliminates the noise, or maybe we just didn’t hear it because we were on the other side of the building. The in-room flat screen TV was huge and the Wi-FI worked great. You can walk to several restaurants at the nearby Garden Walk, about 3-4 blocks up Katella.

The pool area is nice enough and is well appointed. The jets in the Jacuzzi did an awesome job of soothing my tired muscles from flying, driving and a day of Disney.

If you don’t want to spend a lot on accommodations for Disney and plan on spending most of your time in the parks, stay here and take the ART shuttle which stops on the corner. Unlimited 1 day ride passes were $5 pp and eliminated the need to get caught up in all the traffic for Disney parking.

The complimentary breakfast was better than expected. You do get eggs and sausage but they are machine made and look like the fixings for a large egg mcmuffin. If they had offered cheese, I would have built myself a sandwich. You can make toast, including English muffins and they have mini waffle makers with two kinds of batter, cinnamon or plain. The fruit was very fresh. The two bananas I stuffed in my backpack made a great mid-morning snack

Room Tip: Stay off the 1st floor. The heat from the laundry room operations makes the entire hallway hot.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dalm0m
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our property for you lodging needs in anaheim. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience and would return. We look forwarding to serving your future lodging needs.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn now for going on close to one year. it is a wonderful alternative to renting an apartment as the motel provides a certain number of rooms for weekly rental. the staff is excellent and the maids and maintenance crew are top shelf. I have been treated fairly and professionally by all of the employees here.
sometimes are some rowdy guess but very infrequently. I found my stay here to be very pleasant and my privacy respected by all the employees of the Comfort Inn.
Jerry Hessen #233

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and going on line to comment about your recent stay. We train our staff to be polite and professional. We want our guests to feel like they are at home when they aren't. I am glad to hear that you like it hear and you'll be back. Once again thank you.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I'm not one to "slam" any business or hotel just because things happen. In my business, things happen all the time, so I'm keeping this in mind while I type this. Im in Hotels 200 nights a year.....this is a first.

I was the Murphy's Law traveler yesterday. Delayed flight, late meetings, heavy traffic, blah blah blah. I needed to get work done in a room. I found this place via my agent on a spur of the moment. Got the room, life was grand. Front Staff, friendly and helpful. checked out the room, pretty nice....its a hotel room. 3 baby spiders crawling on my pillows......resolved myself...stuff happens. Fridge door wide open, halfway off the shelf and not working. My gut was telling me.......look out.

Ordered food ( delivery )....Marri's was great.

Now the wrath of Murphy continues..........

Logged on (WiFi).........no service after 3 minutes. waited 30, tried again....no service. prepped my e-mails......Service on.....4 minutes. Off again. Kind of like getting on a Harley but no gas. Frustration sets in.

Being on Central Time normally, the two hour change hasnt set in yet, so I slept at 9:00pm. At 11:30pm PST, all heck breaks loose. The squeeling of a "Dirt Doctor" just outside my door. I'm not talking just a machine starting, this thing was LOUD.....I get up to investigate......slosh slosh slosh.......front part of the room is saturated. It turns out the room across the hallway flooded.....stuff happens. My phone ( room phone) starts ringing.....no one there....odd. I let the guy in to clean up the water ( I hope) at midnight. He was apologetic, he had no control, stuff happens. Phone rings again....no one there.

So I listen to the machine from heck for another hour outside my door (1:00am). Figured I can get on the WiFi and do my work..........No Service.......even as I type this.....Service went out again. Stuff happens. Must sleep.....03:30am....(5:30 CST).....figure I'll stay up....3 hours sleep.

Lets talk about the not often spoken about.............toilets. I now know why the room across the hall flooded. 3 flushes for number 1 or number 2.........there is an issue. Nuff Said

WiFi service - no excuse. It is now a low cost service. If you spend 40 bucks for a home WiFi router, you cant power up a Hotel. Spend a buck or two, quit being so tight with your money. If you subscribe to a service, MAKE THE CALL, get the provider out there to make it right. I sell the stuff.......I service the stuff.......no excuse.

Spend a buck or two on more water pressure for the toilets. thats just being tight with your money. Bump the price up 10 bucks a night per room and you'll lose no money.

If you are here for the great Disneyland......good place.....no surfing or e-mails though.......and bear with the toilets.

Again - Stuff happens. A flooding room? Hmmmmm what caused it? Owner induced for being tight with water usage on toilets? possibly. A jerk clogging up a toilet at 11:30 at night intentionally? doubt it.

The phone calls coincidentally happening at the same time the maintenance guy is standing outside my door? Front Desk.....why not talk to who you are calling? No one I know is calling me, they dont know where I am.

I would post now........but WiFi is still down. On for 7 minutes since 04:30....its 08:15 now.

(Continued, I went to Holiday Inn to finish)....So, I went to check out after typing the above......Front desk was nice and cheerful..UNTIL, I said I was checking out. "What Room?" I said my room number....and the grimace of death came upon the front desk.......smiles gone....not even a "how was your stay?". (I think I found the caller from the previous night). No "thank you", no "come back again".......absolutely nothing. Not one word. The other clerk just looked down and would not look up. I took my receipt and left.......As I was leaving, another customer came up and asked about the WiFi.......It wasnt working.

I didnt raise a stink because there were too many kids pumped up about going to Disney in the lobby. No need to pop their bubbles by voicing, loudly my issues.

Management, you knew what rooms were affected by the clogged/backed up toilet/overflowing tub. If you really cared about Service, you would have reached out to those affected. Instead, you chose not to act unless approached.............That's not Service, thats Duck and Cover.

I'm the quiet customer.............When I dont get standard service, I just don't come back. In this case, I never will.

**NOTE** Standard Service definition: Let me get in my room, supply what you say you offer, leave me alone.

Room Tip: Dont get a room by the freeway.........if you are a light sleeper......its noisy. Triple Flush :o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
9 Thank TravelinAgain10
Dear Guest,
We have updated our wifi and on occasions people will get kicked off, However that is rare and is normally fixed right away.
That night in question, A guest across from you had left the tub plugged and the water running for hours. We of course had to clean up the mess to ensure that we don't develope any issues in the future. That was an unfore see issue that had to be taken care of right away. We have no plumbing issues unless of course one is caused. We are sorry for the inconvience it may have caused you but this was out of our control and we resolved it as fast as possible.
Upon check out we ask all guests how was their stay and at that time quests comment, but we were told nothing. We also reply with have a nice day.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed August 3, 2013

After our first accommodation booking fell through (hotel closed down) Expedia transferred us to this hotel and I am SO glad they did.

The rooms were spacious, clean and air conditioned. The location was excellent - if you were up for the 25 or so minute walk to Disneyland then you could leave the car behind and not have to worry about Disneyland parking costs.

The complimentary breakfast was good, loved the waffle machines! The free wifi was reliable, and the pool area was nice to relax by after a long day of sightseeing.

Would definitely recommend this accommodation to anyone looking in the Anaheim/Disneyland area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sarahmudgway
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and that you found our property to be worth the stay. We look forward to serving you, your family and friends future lodging needs.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

If you are going to Disneyland this is a great hotel. Only 10 minutes by car. Parking is $16 at Disney lot and there is a shuttle that will take you to the front entrance. Hotel has a shuttle that departs every 15 minutes. Cost is $3 one way or $6 one way (???) check with hotel. I had two rooms (my family and my son's family). I requested for two rooms next to each other and got them. We scheduled to arrive on july 11th but did not arrive until 4:00am July 12th. Our rooms were ready and waiting for us. The lady at the front desk was very pleasant. She welcomed us warmly and checked us in within 15 minutes. Rooms are clean, breakfast good (especially for kids) Danish, bagels, cereal, hard boiled eggs, waffle maker, juice and coffee, which was very good. Front desk was very friendly about giving directions. Lots of restaurants on E. Katella that are within walking distance. Bubba Gump Shrimp Restaurant is very good. If you want to see the Disney Fireworks at night from your room, be sure to book the city view rate. I did our reservations thru Choicehotels.com. Will definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to comment about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience and will return. We will look forward to seeing you in the near future.