“Hotel Nice - Beware the web site Information”

The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort
Ranked #48 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Essex
“Hotel Nice - Beware the web site Information”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2008

We have just spent 3 nights at the hotel and found it good value for money - there were just two problems.

The first is that they forgot to clean our room one day but one we contacted the front desk they sent the maid around about half hour later

The second was more serious - We booked the hotel because the web site said it was half a mile from the Honda Center. My wife is in a wheel chair so we were intending to go by foot to avoid trying to get in and out of cabs. However once we got to the hotel we asked them the way to walk and they then told us it was a mile and a half! not exactly walking distance with a wheel chair. When we mentioned this to the front desk they said this was one of a number of error on their web site, but as it was controlled by the corporate people there was nothing they could do.

So I should have double checked with google maps but then I should have been able to rely on a web site from a big hotel group - I hope you learn from my mistake.

In addition the breakfast was well stocked with the usual bagels, donuts & Danish pastries, the staff kept it well cleaned and well stocked right to the end.

• Liked — Large bathroom & Roll in shower in the disabled room
  • Disliked — Breakfast area not wheel chair acessable
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keith_wright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2008

This hotel was a really great value for the price. Clean rooms and comfortable beds, newly remodeled bathroom, nice massage shower head, 2 minute drive to Disneyland. Decent continental breakfast with lots to choose from. Staff was helpful. The only thing we found to be a negative was that there was a removable sliding lock on the windows with no protective barriers. If you have small, curious children who can work a wing nut you might want to keep them away from the windows if you are on a floor higher than the first floor. Only complaint.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
San Diego, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2008

It is important that you know the pitfalls of this hotel. There are many others in Anaheim that are reasonable and clean and comfortable. I highly recommend the Candy Cane Inn - which is even closer to Disneyland and comparable in price. We travel from San Diego to Anaheim frequently and thought we would try this hotel due to our regular choices being booked up. Here's why you must avoid The Comfort Inn and Suites on East Katella Way.
First the annoying little things;
1) The rooms were not clean. Actually a bit disgusting.
They are non-smoking though.
2) The gym had three nice pieces of equipment and everyone of them was out of service. Very disappointing as this was a major consideration when we chose this property.
3) The TV reception/picture was horrible. Big vertical line running through the TV picture.
4) The climate control in the room was unpredictable and uncomfortable.
5) Do not spend extra for the city view to view fireworks. The massive new hotel across the street occludes the view. You can only see the parking lot and an ugly roof next door from your room.
6) The breakfast is only good if you don't have time to go somewhere else. My daughter did like the waffles. The line is miserably long to make your own. You kind of feel like someone on public assistance waiting for a free meal during the breakfast stampede.
Now here's the crowning issue of our stay there...
We had two small cosmetic items disappear from our bathroom. Some facial cleansing pads that attached to a buffing appliance and a small travel packet of a facial treatment product.
The expense was certainly not the issue. I'm certain no one took them, but they could have easily been carelessly thrown away by the housekeeper. (The housekeepers are supposedly instructed not to throw anything away on the bathroom counters)It was very irritating to not have the products we needed and brought for our trip. Again - remember that these iitems were less than $10.00 in value. I made a complaint to the front desk. I then spoke to the Manager (a middle eastern woman with a thick accent that goes by the name of Anna). She asked if I would step away from the front desk and wait a few moments while she talked with housekeeping. She then brought two housekeepers to speak with me and herself in the middle of the busy lobby. The housekeeper denied any involvement and the manager then loudly said she would do nothing for me and walked away. I was horribly embarrassed. Remember less than $10.00 in value. This small issue was getting bigger by the second. (I was at the point where I was sorry that I brought it up - but knew that I couldn't let it go at this point) I then walked to her office and asked her why she would treat a guest (me) that way in the front lobby. She replied "I know what you want!" I told her a simple apology and replacement of the product was all that I had hoped for. She slammed the office door in my face. That was the surreal ending to our stay at The Comfort Inn and Suites.
I have contacted Comfort Inn Corporate offices and I am fairly warning you. YOU DO NOT WANT TO OFFER THIS TYPE OF MANAGEMENT ANY FINANCIAL SUPPORT BY STAYING AT THIS HOTEL. Okay, I have hopefully made my point to help you avoid any similar issues during your stay in Anaheim.
We had a lovely stay at Disneyland. We could have walked quietly away from this substandard hotel. But after this incident, I will never stay at this property or support Comfort Inns in anyway again. This manager should be relieved of the burden of her job immediately.
Dining tips for your trip:
There is a wonderful restaurant row that has just opened on Katella Avenue. California Pizza Kitchen food and service were superb. We did not try them, but there are many great looking restaurants there, including The Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gumps, etc. The Rain Forest Cafe at Downtown Disney is once again putting out good food...breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also, the Jazz Kitchen at Downtown Disney is very good. ESPN Zone was okay. The waits are long, the food is okay, the service is superb.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
10 Thank onemeek
Queen Creek, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2008

What a dissappointment!!! Asked for a king city view (paid more, should have had a freeway view, much nicer) on highest floor with new bedding shown in picture on website and got a room with 2 beds with tattered old bedding/ worn carpet overlooking a bad view of a trailer court and parking lot. Asked to change. They didn't have a king room ready on third floor and we had to put away some refrigerated items, then leave so, we had to take a room on the second floor with same old look.
Pool area had only old tables and chairs....no lounge chairs, and as I wanted to be by the pool one day this was not good!! Breakfast was ok. Fairly clean place.
We had just stayed at the Menage for 2 nights which was awesome, so this hotel really looked OLD. Would not stay here again....too many other better choices.

• Liked — refrigerator & Microwave
  • Disliked — most everything
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Sacramento
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2008

Nice family friendly hotel close to Disneyland. Staff was friendly and helpful and the room and bathroom were very clean. The breakfest was typical contenental breakfest plus Belgian Waffles. The waffles were okay, but not good enough to make the breakfest better than your typical free hotel breakfest. The rooms on the freeway side were a little noisy with freeway noise, but the noise from the air conditionar/heater was enough to drown it out. On the plus side, there is no parking or much pedestrian traffic on the freeway side, so first floor rooms could keep their curtains open without having to worry about other people looking in.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Southern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2008

This hotel is completely NON-SMOKING. I am a non-smoke and can easily smell any hint of smoke ... there was NONE! While the hotel does showed some wear-and-tear simply due to continual usage, I found it to be VERY CLEAN. (i.e., in the threshold area from the hall to the room, the carpet was fraying.) The beds & pillows were very comfortable. The bath area well stocked with clean towels, bath & hair sundries, hair dryer, and 4 cup coffee pot. Although we did not take advantage of it, the hotel offers a free (and rather substantial) continental breakfast in the morning. The only two downsides I came across were MINOR at best. First, the night clerk (we checked in at 3 a.m.) was very less than friendly. The second being the 11 a.m. check-out time. We requested, and were granted, an hour extra for checking out. During this additional hour the hotel maid knocked on the door wanting to know when would be leaving. Incidently, while booking my reservation, I discovered I could receive a better discount using my AAA card, than taking advantaged of their Sr. Citizen discount. BOTTOM LINE: I would absolutely stay here again!

• Liked — Non-Smoking Hotel; comfortable beds
  • Disliked — night desk clerk bordered on rude
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jacsbri
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed her for 2 nights since we visited Disneyland. I must say, the price was right (considering the area) and the room was very clean. We didn't encounter any issues while we were there. They even had free continental breakfast! I would definitely recommend staying here if you are on a budget and want to stay in a place that is clean and safe.

• Liked — cleanliness and price
  • Disliked — people at the front desk should learn to smile
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple