The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort
Ranked #48 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Northern California
“It was OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and like many people our view was of the freeway entrance. I didn't really hear the freeway because the A/C is super loud. Luckily I can sleep through that but I imagine it would bother people. The room was clean and for the price I cannot complain. There was a fridge and a microwave which would come in handy too.

The breakfast was actually quite terrible and I am not a picky eater. I guess it would be good if you just ate the cereal and donuts, but everything else was not that good. There was yogurt one day and that was the best thing I had.

The front desk staff was okay. Not entirely pleasant, but not entirely terrible. They did give me the wrong bill when I checked out which wasn't a big deal since they charged the correct amount. Also regarding check-out, we were in the room at 10:30 packing up and the housekeeper kept banging on the door even when we had the do not disturb sign up. So we open the door and she just keeps saying "check out?!" "check out?!." I am thinking why is this lady forcing us out when it's not even time to check out yet. So we try to explain and I don't think she understands completely so we shut the door and she leaves. When we were walking to the elevator at 11 I see her banging on some other door asking them to leave so she can clean the room. I don't think they were understanding each other either and they were not checking out that day. But I didn't stay long enough to hear that conversation. Were these the only two rooms in the hotel that needed cleaning that's why she was trying to kick everyone out early? I actually heard the other lady saying you can just give us towels, but she still stood there waiting for everyone to leave the room.

The pool is nice though a little small but it's nice. The location is further from Disneyland but it's a super short drive and you could probably walk to that Garden Grove Shopping center. It was okay, but unless I don't have any more options in this price range I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't be on the side with the freeway entrance
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mina102
Farzana K, Guest Relations Manager at The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for bringing these items to our attention. We want our guest to feel comfortable while they stay with us. We have taken care of the issue. I do hope that you will consider us again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Spent 2 nights here in late July 2012. We had a 2nd floor corner room which was right next to the entrance to I-5. Traffic noise was a constant throughout the day and night. The free breakfast was a little below what I normally see at Comfort Inn's. There was no yogurt and a limited selection of other items. The positives for this hotel are it's location and value. The Anaheim Garden Walk, a shopping and dinning mall, is within walking distance ~ 3 blocks. It is more of a hike to Disneyland, but you can purchase a bus pass for that trip. This is a good hotel if you plan to spend your entire day at Disneyland however, a light sleeper may find the traffic noise a little much.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Farzana K, Guest Relations Manager at The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comment about your recent stay with us. I can see that you had a few issues. Some find that side to be quite pleasant while others may not. However there is a choice. We have updated our breakfast and have found no other complaints. I am not sure if you brought it to the staff’s attention but we have made sure it doesn’t happen again. I do hope that you will consider us again as for our location and price is unbeatable.
Burke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

From our check-in to check-out, the staff were very friendly and helpful, (although they did not have the correct info on the shuttle bus.) Breakfast was very comprehensive and although the layout caused some delays in accommodating the busiest times, the choices were sufficient and the quality fine. The room was a good size for a family of four, and comfortable and clean.

Pros -- Value, pool and proximity to Disneyland. ART Shuttle 12 stopped outside the hotel and a 3-day bus pass cost ~$10. Also an easy 20-30 minute walk; less to the restaurant areas.

Cons -- The air conditioner was very loud and made it difficult to sleep. We used a portable white noise machine and just left the fan on (without engaging the compressor) all night. This made it mostly bearable.

Bottom line: This would be a great property if not for the a/c noise. Fix that and this is a 5-star value.

Room Tip: Look for a room on the parking lot side away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BorisinDC
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate you taking time out to comment about us on line. From what I read I can see that you had a pleasant stay besides the a/c. We are working on remedying the situation. Thanks for the boost up. We look forward to serving you future lodging needs.
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

lets start with location- you cant walk to Disney theme parks from the hotel, so you'll end up taking your car or use public transportation- given this fact you can take a hotel that is a bit more far away and provides better value for your money.

ahh- and room is just on the freeway....

We had an incident there, the fridge was not working, all our food was lost and thrown away they promised that the manager will contact us but they did not, and when we checked out and told them about this incident they did nothing. This is the kind of things that you just don't do.

moreover- stuff in general is not nice and not polite.

room was big and generally comfortable and clean though... AC is a bit noisy.

they give you a discount if you but the Disney tickets through them...

the hotel itself is a bit rusty...

Room Tip: ask for a room viewing the parking lot and not the freeway...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank David S
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comment on your recent stay with us. I like to explain about the food. You brought it to our attention and as soon as we heard about the fridge we had the maintenance man take care of it. The food in question was tomatoes, cucumbers, and a 4th of milk which was still fresh. Our staff took pictures and if you would like we can send it your email. Thank you so much for your comment and advice to other guests. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 nights from 26th July until 6th August 2012.
Rooms clean with decent amenities including flat screen TV, fridge (with small freezer compartment), microwave, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and coffee making facilities.
Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking the freeway - noise was no issue, especially when the air con was switched on.
Staff at front desk were pleasant.
Breakfast served from 6:30 until 9:30 every day - choices include: cereals, donughts, pastries, toast, muffins, waffles, sausage, egg, yogurts etc - it is the same every day.
Very good that there is free parking available.
Didn't use the pool although the pool area looked pleasant

10 minute walk from hotel to Garden walk: bars, restaurants and shops on route to Disney
A further 10 minute walk and you're at the Disney Gate - route is flat
30 minute walk from hotel to the Block at Orange: outlet mall with lots of shops, bars and restaurants - recommend Buffalo Wild Wings and the Market Broiler;

Can I suggest you avoid using the yellow cabs if you need a taxi.
Every time we took a taxi in the evening, they took us on an extended detour to get us to where we wanted; not realising that my husband and I were familiar with the area and the roads - we knew the shortest routes. They were just trying to get money off unsuspecting tourists.

When taking a cab, specify you're route exactly to stop this from happening.

Also if you want to get a cab to Disney, specify the Ihop on Harbour as your destination (directly opposite gate). This should cost you $8 max, otherwise they take you around the back of the parks to Down Town Disney and charge you $15.

I hope this helps.

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank BreconBex
Dear Valued Guest,
I appreciate you taking the time out to comment on your recent stay with us. As long as you were with us I am glad to hear that your stay with us was pleasant. Even though the breakfast may seem mundane I hope that you found it pleasantly tasteful. We look forward to serving you and your families future lodging needs.
Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Convenient location to Disneyland. There is an ART stop right around the corner which worked well for us to take to Disney. Several places to eat within walking distance. Staff was nice. My daughter is scared of elevators and the front desk staff was quick to offer to unlock the stairwell for us to walk up to our room. We had a great stay. Breakfast was good and wasn't crowded when we were down there. Plenty of protein and fruit along with carbs. Would stay again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for commenting on our property and I am so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We have improved the breakfast and thanks for enjoying it. I am glad to hear that the staff was able to help you. We appreciate your comments and we look forward to serving your future lodging needs soon.
Broadalbin, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

First the bad...breakfast is awful and overcrowded. Everything else is exactly what we were looking for....a room to sleep in for 6 hours a night. We spent 4 nights here, Three 16 hour days at Disneyland Resort...no point in breaking the bank. Beds are comfortable, and lots of channels to choose from on TV. Just skip the breakfast...bring your own, good size refrigerator in room and 2 convenience stores in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Staiebomb
Farzana K, Guest Relations Manager at The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay with us. At times breakfast can be busy which is why we have it open for 3hrs daily. Even after that I am glad to hear that you did have an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.