“Good Hotel Experience”

The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort
Ranked #55 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed 6 nights at this Comfort Inn and had a fairly good experience. The staff was friendly & courteous and the room was clean & well equipped. The only downside was that it's not very sound proof particularly at night. We could hear traffic noise on one side & guests going down the hall on the other side, (if you are a light sleeper, I recommend ear plugs). We initially had a problem with a lock not working to the adjoining room, we let the staff know on our way out to dinner & they said they would get it taken care of & would not place anyone in the adjoining room until it was fixed (it was vacant at the time -- impressive they would go that extra step). The lock was repaired by the time we returned.
The only other small problem we had is the fridge issue as mentioned by previous reviewers. The freezer does not have a door to close it off so we also did have problems with items freezing. The fridge/microwave is left off until you turn it on by a switch upon arrival. I thought I had it turned down low enough & kept items toward the bottom but still had some items frozen the next day - need to keep it turned down very low.
Breakfast is pretty good, better than the average continental breakfast. Included boiled & cooked eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, fruit, yogurt (except they were out a few days), cereals, pastries/toast/English muffins, juice & coffee/tea (although if you are picky about coffee, the coffee was not the greatest, we still had to go hit Starbucks, or I brought my own cappuccino mix for the mornings, but that's us). Weekends does get quite busy & the lines can be quite long during those times (along with accompanying rude guests) & they only serve until 9:30am, weekdays were not nearly as bad.
It is a bit too far to walk to Disneyland but they have the "ART" shuttle bus that stops right on the side of the hotel & runs every 20 min. We ended up using the shuttle each day instead of paying the $15 day to park at Disneyland (3 day shuttle passes are $10 per person - 1 day = $4 per person, be aware of expiration dates on 3 day passes, they are for consecutive days). Depending on how many people are in your party, shuttle may be more cost effective.
Note for disabled guests: We stayed in a handicapped accessible room, the room is a bit narrow in some areas but reasonably easy enough to maneuver a wheelchair around in, however there is a regular sized tub in the bathroom & not a walk in shower which could be an issue for some. Removable bath seat provided. There is 1 dining table provided for disabled guests that does not require going down 3 steps to the regular dining area for breakfast but can often be occupied by another guest. Shuttle buses are fully wheelchair accessible.
Overall we had a pretty good experience, our stay was pleasant and we would return again & recommend to others.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristina O
Farzana K, Guest Relations Manager at The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
I am sorry for the issue with the door locks but I am very happy to see that the issue was taken care of right away and they even went beyond your expectations.
We keep the appliances off to converse energy and sometimes guests want their drinks cold and they turn the fridge up high thinking that their drinks will ge colder faster but you are right keeping the thermostat down low will keep your items from freezing. People love our breakfast and I happened to think it is one of the best in the area. Walking to the park can be far if you think about how long of a day you will be having at the park. We do suggest that you take the shuttle and not only does it save time but can also save your feet. The price isn’t so bad either. I am glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that you would return as well as recommend others to us. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We recently stayed here for a 3 night Disney trip. The rooms were spacious and clean. Breakfast was included but long lines because it was a holiday weekend. Probably not as bad on slower days. They ran out of yogurts and sausage even though we were down there at 8:45. Breakfast ran til 9:30 and they break it down fast.Plenty of other food including make your own waffles.Price was reasonable . A little too far to walk for most,maybe a mile to the entrance. Especially after a long day at the park. Staff was friendly but didn't get wakeup calls as arranged. Overall I'd stay here again . Good value.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing the freeway. Lots of traffic noise from everywhere but even more from freeway...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jsksOrinda

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for commenting on our property. I agree at times breakfast can be busy. We do however try to make sure each and every guest is able to get enough food and have a place to enjoy it. The walk to Disneyland can be long for anyone after a long day at the park no matter how close the hotel maybe, so on the up side we offer a shuttle to and from the hotel for a small fee that is good for the entire day. Thank you for noticing that the staff was helpful and I am sorry to hear you didn’t get your wake up call. I am sure that next time you will receive it.
We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We spent eight nights at the hotel in February 2012. We chose the hotel because the price was reasonable, the reviews indicated the place was kept clean, and it was relatively close to Disney.

The hotel was kept extremely clean in the common areas and the guest rooms. I'm a neat freak and I was quite pleased. Excellent work by the housekeeping staff.

The continental breakfast was good. We ate there every morning. Waffles, egg pucks, sausage pucks, muffins, donuts, bread, etc. Kept us going past noon every day.

We had a 6 year old and a five month old and we found the walk to Disney quite long, especially after a full 12 hour day of walking in the parks. A few sketchy properties and residents between the hotel and Disney, but we had no problems at all. Its a far walk, but too close to drive.

My only complaint - the ironing board annoyed me. The iron holder is actually fastened to the wide end of the board, so you can't use that end of the board. The iron is attached to the board by a cable, so you can barely reach the other end. Pretty petty complaint, but it annoyed me when I needed to iron a shirt.

We were completely happy with our stay at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Premium rooms on the west side may be quieter, but don't get one just for the view. Its not tha...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RMKRyan

I am so glad to hear that you found our property to be exactly what you expected and that it met with your expectations. Our house keeping will be very pleased to know that all their hard work has paid off. I happen to think that our breakfast is one of the best in the area. We really do have a variety of food to choose from. We offer hot and cold. If you don’t want to walk or drive to Disneyland we offer a shuttle at a reasonable price that picks you up right behind us and drops you off in front of Disneyland and it is good for the entire day. Thank you for informing us about the iron and ironing board. We will address it. I am pleased to hear that you did have a good time with us and would recommend us and even come back and stay with us again. We want each and every guest to feel at home with us and to leave feeling like they left their home and it will be here waiting for them again. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

We found nothing wrong with our stay here. Lovely and friendly staff, lots of variety for breakfast, felt safe, and shuttles to Disneyland. It is a nice big hotel, with lots of people milling around. Great place to stay

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J P
Farzana K, Guest Relations Manager at The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Dear valued Guest,
Thank you so much for staying with us and letting others know how much you really enjoyed staying with us. We do our best to ensure that each and every guest leaves us wanting to come back. We have recently improved our breakfast for guest, so that when they leave and go about their day they left satisfied, happy and full. I happen to love the waffles and the English muffins. The shuttle to Disneyland is also great and very convenient if you don’t want to drive or walk. Our staff is always ready, willing and smiling to help any and all guest leave happy. Once again thank you and we can’t wait to serve your lodging needs in the near future.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

We are in our late 60s we wanted to go to disneyland so off we went we stayed at the comfort inn &suites 300 east katella ave in Anaheim ca we got a bus from the air port for a return trip cost about $50 the bus stops at the door the hotel we were on the 3 rd floor over looking the free way the rooms were big very nice very clean very nice bed and comfie cland sheets dig tv, on suite bath/shower, very nice. free breakfast all you can eat you name it and it was there and fruit . the bus to disney out frount costt $5 for one week per person travel on any bus you like on that fare from hotel to disneyland about 10 min drive bus comes every half hour past the door do not buy your tickets from the hotel they will chargs you bouble that we would stay there again when we go back brian & shirley kemp rosebud vic

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Farzana K, Guest Relations Manager at The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent comment about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found the rooms to be big and the bed to be comfortable. Thanks for mentioning the breakfast and how good it was we really want our guests to feel as if they are at home when they stay with us.
The shuttle is offered by the city of Anaheim and the time frame that they come to pick up the guest is always an estimate depending upon how busy they may be. The cost for the shuttle is $4 per adult and that is good for the entire day as many rides as you would like. The shuttle it self costs $3 one way. I do hope this helps in clarifying the shuttle ticket costs.
Thank you once again for you comment and we hope to serve your lodging needs again in the near future.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

This is a nice Comfort Inn and the room was large and appeared have been recently renovated. The price was really great, just 80 bucks a night. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast pretty good. It's not the Grand Floridian, but you aren't paying $400 a night either. Not much character if you want that to be part of your Disneyland experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and comment. I am glad to hear that you liked your stay but wished it was more Disney looking. We are associated with the brand name and are limited to what we can do but we can make the suggestion. I am glad you liked the breakfast; I think it is one of the best in the area. I also noticed you found the rooms to be roomy and a nice perk to each room is the fridge and microwave. Thank you once again and we look forward to serving your lodging needs soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

My wife and I've stayed here 6 times already and we've never had a problem. I am a GIIIIIANT clean freak and constantly worry about bed bugs. I've never seen any type of bugs in this hotel and never seen bed bugs around the mattress seams. I check everytime and it's always clean. I graduated from a hotel administration program from unlv in 2011 so I know exactly what to look for in a room to know if it's clean or dirty. The breakfast is and has always been very good. I like the egg patties and the waffles. They usually have yummy donuts too. I can't complain about one thing at this hotel, it's always very quiet too. it's always a great price too, not cutting into the wallet terribly. Thanks to the GM who is keeping the hotel clean because that is my number one concern staying in hotels.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TheTeach15

Dear Valued Guest,
I am so glad that you noticed how much pride we take in making sure that our property is in tip top shape. The house keeping staff will be glad to hear that all their hard work paid off. I happen to love the breakfast as well and think it has a lot to choose from and the bonus is that it’s included and you feel like we want you well fed. We do our best to be competitive and keep our prices affordable and also include all that we offer for that low price.
We thank you and look forward to seeing you soon.