“Great budget motel”

Ranked #68 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Visalia, California
“Great budget motel”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Room was clean and comfortable. It had a fridge, microwave, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. The bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful.
It's a little farther from Disneyland than we usually like but still within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2014
TammyN351, General Manager at Anaheim Express Inn, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Michael W- Thank you very much for your stay and the great feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We checked in on January 18 and left the 20th. The front staff was polite and efficient. Parking was a little tight on a holiday weekend for Disneyland but there were always spots. You don't have to pay extra for parking which is a plus. It's about a miles walk to the Disneyland front gate so we just went across the street to the Doubletree and paid $5 for a roundtrip shuttle pass. Breakfast in the morning is small, but hey you can't be too picky. You get what you pay for and I was only paying 69.99. There was white and wheat toast with butter and jam, two types of cereals with 2% milk (cheerios and cinnamon toast crunch), bananas and some small bite sized muffins and coffee. There is an am/pm right next door if you want some more goodies and an IHOP and Dennys on your way to Disneyland. I took a banana and a muffin to my room and there was no problems. Maybe they had a problem that week with someone stealing stuff.
The beds aren't super comfortable but they are clean and once again for the price I paid, I couldn't complain. There were 4 of us staying the room and I had to go down and ask for another roll of toilet paper as there was only half a roll in their when we arrived. Once again, I am sure this is because someone has been stealing excess rolls from the room. The front desk was nice about giving me another one. The room was overall clean. The only gross thing we found was someone else,s dusty sock under the bed. Otherwise the room was clean and we made good use of the fridge and microwave to pack and heat any additional snacks and left overs. Oh and they have a 48 hr cancellation policy. I had originally booked 3 nights but ended up only needing two. I called the day before I arrived and they were gracious enough to let me cancel that third night with no charge. Overall, I enjoyed the staff, the room was clean and for the price I would totally stay again! Thanks to Sandra and there was one other really sweet girl at the front.(sorry I can't remember your name.) You made checking in and out a breeze and you were very pleasant. (PS: I know you read these so keep doing the great job you guys are doing!)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jcouoh- Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased that you feel we offer a positive a price/ value relationship. I have shared your compliment with Sandra as well as with the rest of our staff. We look forward to your return visit to the Anaheim area.
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

F H SIAW
Booked 2 rooms on Nov 11 ,2013 and checked in on Dec 29 2013 for 7 nights, first and second day we skip our breakfast due too tired after long flight. Third day went to breakfast room just to get 2 pieces of banana for my kids but was told by the rude manager in front of many guest that i was not allow to take to rooms. I personally saw myself few guest took drinks and food to their rooms but no staff stop them. How much can each person eat so much food and the food serve are all not that expensive....example what is the cost for banana, bread, small cake,cereal and drinks and that was already included in our hotel bills. I have been travelling to many countries and this is my first encounter manager telling off guest. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful especially Joanna,Sandra Vitela and Ayda with their smiling faces. Istanbul is a good example for good and many varieties of good food and also can takeaway foods. If the hotel want to enforce the strict rules they must prewarn guest as soon as they register or check-in at the hotel and put a big prewarn signs at the door glass entrance to the breakfast hall

Room Tip: ground floor rooms a much better for family,easy excess to your vehicle
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
TammyN351, General Manager at Anaheim Express Inn, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Siaw- Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We here at the Anaheim Express Inn really appreciate and encourage our guest comments. I will personally address this issue and will find the way to improve communication to our guest about our complimentary breakfast. Thank you again for your patronage and hope to see you again soon.
Glendale, Arizona, United States
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We checked into our hotel on december 26, stayed that night, the next morning we went down for their breakfast and the manager told us we had to eat our food in the food area even though there was no place to sit. Out toilet in our first room, was clogged, we told the cleaning staff that morning and when we came home after being gone all day no one had fixed it. At 10:00 pm they told us that we would have to go without a restroom until morning or move to their last vacant room. we moved to the other room, after moving and getting ready for bed, we found that the bed was broken, we called front desk and they did not seem concerned, just told us they would report it. the next day we went to front desk and ask if they were going to fix the bed, they stated that no one had told them, we told them that we had called the night before, they again did not seem to concerned. Not once did they ever check the bed or offer any compensation for the broken bed, we just had to deal with it. this was the worst customer service and hotel that we have stayed in. You would think if they are cleaning the rooms daily they would have known the bed was broke in the room. when we checked out and I reminded them of all of the troubles that we had the only thing they said was they were sorry and I would have to speak to their manager who was not there at checkout. I would not recommend this place to anyone as there are nicer places which are cheaper in price in the same area. We also stayed an extra night and they charged us an extra $59.00 to stay an additional night instead of just letting us stay at the same rate we had paid for the rate. RB Phoenix, AZ

1 Thank Robin C
TammyN351, General Manager at Anaheim Express Inn, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Robin-Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am indeed sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We did have a communications breakdown regarding the issue with the bed, which was not placed on the frame properly. We certainly hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service.

Travelers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Breakfast is terrible: no fruits, pastries look like from the previous days, no microwave in the breakfast room to warm up. Room is outdated. Old carpet, towels are worn out. Front desk person is friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
TammyN351, General Manager at Anaheim Express Inn, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Rita
Thank you for your observations during your recent stay. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations regarding the breakfast offerings as well as your room décor expectations. We are continually reviewing our complimentary breakfast items as well as the room décor to improve the guest experience. We will certainly consider your comments.
We look forward to your next stay at the Anaheim Express Inn.
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The Express Inn is in a very convenient location. We stayed for 2 nights, enjoyed the larger than average room and the friendly staff. Everything was clean and comfortable. The only slight negative was that the morning meal was a bit spartan compared to other properties we had stayed at, but there certainly was enough to eat. We will stay here again, no problem.
Roy and Yoshiko Holman, Burnaby, BC Canada

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roy H
TammyN351, Manager at Anaheim Express Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Roy and Yoshiko Holman-Thank you so much for the nice feedback, it made our day! We thoroughly enjoyed having you here with us and glad to hear that you were happy with the room size, cleanliness and our staff service. We look forward to your next trip to Anaheim.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We're from Las Vegas so we booked this hotel by phone just because it was a very affordable price I never though it was gonna be so placental to stay there the rooms we're very very clean the stuff we're very friendly breakfast was ok best thing only 10 minutes away from Disneyland :-) we just love it and I can't wait to go back...

Stayed November 2013
TammyN351, Manager at Anaheim Express Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear YajairaSD, thank you so much for your stay and the great review! We glad to hear that the hotel and the service had met or exceeded your expectation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.