“Cold Water, and Bad Management”

Anaheim Express Inn
Ranked #68 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Walnut Creek, California
“Cold Water, and Bad Management”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

On 12/12/12 I spent the night at the Anaheim Express on Orangewood Blvd. in Anaheim, CA. In the morning I woke up around 7AM, and wished to take a shower before I left for a meeting. When I turned on the shower, there was no hot water. I let it run for over 5 minutes, and called the front desk where the young lady working the desk apologized and said she would find a way to get it fixed. About 10 minutes later I called again and was told that the Maintence people didn't come to work until 8:30. I asked to speak to the manager, and was connected to a person named Steve Worthington who said that he was the manager, and there was nothing he could do to fix the problem and implied that I was being untruthful, and that it was strange that I was the only guest with that problem. I was not a very happy guest, and became less happy with his acusatory tone, and refusal to even adjust the rate that I had paid. When I asked for contact information on his surerior he refused. He wrote his name on a scrap of paper, and said that was all he would give me. I have to be in Orange County through the end of the month, and possibly beyond that, and will need accomodations. Since that terrible experience at the Anaheim Express, I've been staying very comfortably at the Best Western Meridian Inn. At this property, the staff exhibits a positive attitude, and Customer Satisfaction that is very adaquate, and I would recommend this property, and will gladly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Rich088

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We booked the Anaheim Express Inn solely because it was cheap, close to Disneyland, and hoped the extremely positive reviews on TripAdvisor would outweigh the negatives. For $80 for two nights, it really wasn't a bad stay, but during that time experienced some strange things.

We checked in on a Wednesday afternoon, with 3 or 4 people on the reception desk. The lady who served us was friendly and nice enough, but still continued conversations with the people around her, such a young man sitting on the desk and telling a story from earlier which he gave the impression we had interrupted. No-one was rude to us, but it was quite manic!

Check in was fine and our room was fine, with no real problems other than the rooms are quite tired, but just in the general motel way. The shower squirted water outside of the bath, and there were some stains on the carpet, but the beds were comfortable and clean, and the wi-fi worked fine.

We were woken up at 5am by the people next door talking extremely loudly outside. My husband opened our door to ask them to quieten down a little, and they had been standing almost on our doorstep. The following evening they had several different visitors drive up to their room, with loud knocks on the door, hurried conversations, and then leaving again. Quite strange.

There is a breakfast included but we just grabbed a coffee and a pastry to take back to our room.
The location is good for Disneyland, we walked to the the park from the hotel within 20 minutes. Considering the free parking, the ability to walk to the attractions and the cost, it was a good budget option, but we wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mgnmng
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed on.
The first day we arrive it was night time. We slept all night until at 11 the cleanning lady came into the room (while we were a sleep) yelling if we needed some towels or cleaning service in the room.
When we woke up we notice some bites in our skin but we tought it was from moskitoes. We went to disney is about a 30 min walking in taxi chage us 6 dlls.
We were tired and the next day we woke up and more bites. When i was packing back all te stuff i saw a bed bug walking in the bed. It was disgusting!!!! I tols the manager and he told me he was going to call pest control!!!!
Btw the breakfast is really bad too

• Stayed November 2012
5 Thank yaga89

Travelers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Calgary
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were on our 5th day of our 2 week road trip & were in need of a home base for few days. Great place for such!!! When we arrived the front desk staff (one girl was named Jennifer) were great, fast, explained the area, gave us a map designed by previous guests listing their favourite restaurants & bars in the area as well as pizza places that delivered(they deliver the beer too) It was a few blocks from Disney, we bought the Anaheim Resort Transportation tickets(ride the bus back & forth for $8.00) There is a laundromat in a strip mall next door(excellent for road trippers). The room was nice, clean, comfortable. We don't typically get our room cleaned unless staying a week, so cannot comment on cleaning staff. We were headed to Universal on our 2nd day & again the front desk staff assisted in planning, suggested departure times based on rush hour traffic. We had a great time in Anaheim & believe it was partially due to our great "home" while there :) Thanks Anaheim Express Inn!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle R
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I am currently here now. We have no internet signal next to the pool. There is a vehicle parked in the handicapped spot that is not handicapped. There was an extra $85 dollar tax/deposit requested at the check in, what was only $201 online, came to $285 at check-in. A used bar of soap was left in the shower before we got here. No blow dryer or shower curtain, just an open door to the toilet. The floor gets soaked and only 2 larger towels. The buttons on the heater/ac we're broken off. Breakfast is watered down drinks, today and some cheese stuffed thing. The drawers for the nightstands are screwed shut, the desk is backwards and there's no extra paperwork to view, just a bible. Ice taken pictures for proof.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank lilkk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 1, 2012

my family and i stayed at this terrible and horrible place. i have never in my life stayed in such a place where there was no cstumer service, the rooms where never cleaned up, when you ask for assistance the manager was always smoking, was rude and did not pay any attention to what we need it. after all we will never come back to this so call "HOTEL" and we will tell everyone we know that frequent this area in california not to book their stay at this horrible horrible place

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Worst staff. Charged my card 3 times and would not refund any. Told me to contact my bank. Did not make bed. Said "personal"items were on it. Said my camera and laptop were on bed. Uhhh they were with me at Disney. Asked to speak to highest manager available. Said no one til Monday. TV does not work. WIFI does not work. Terrible terrible. Also the toilet did not flush. I HAD TO FIX MYSELF! I am sure I am forgetting something.

• Stayed July 2012