“good value and clean”

Anaheim Express Inn
Ranked #59 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed April 16, 2012

good size room, clean, plenty of parking. breakfast was bad! location not great for central LA attractions but we knew that when booking and had a car. Overall good value and clean,

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 3, 2012

1st room we were in the bed was really lumpy, most plug ins did not work and the outside door wouldn't unlock without pulling the door handle back and forth for several minutes and only luke warm water. We didn't think the sheets had been changed before we checked in.
While I was in the lobby complaining about our room a lady came in who had just checked in and said her sheets were dirty as there were crumbs in her sheets.
2nd room for 3 nights. 1st day, no towels so had to go get them as the telephone was missing from the room. That night we turned off the overhead light and it kept flashing. Had to leave it on all night. Next day we told them and they fixed it by disconnecting it. Our room was not made up at all that day. No glasses, cups, coffee etc. Gargage not emptied and no soap.
Next day no coffee, cups etc again. No towels. Last day pretty much the same. Carpet was not vacuumed at all while we were there. I will say the bathrooms were big and nice. They are working on the place to fix it up so if you want to be part of that have fun. People at the desk didn't know anything about anything. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE!!

Room Tip: I would not check in to this motel again. Looks good on the outside but that is quite concieving.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Wally S
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I booked this hotel last minute for a conference and based my choice on proximity to the Anaheim Convention Center. It was all I could get and I wanted to walk, not rent a car for this trip.

I stayed 3 nights and had to change rooms 3 times. The first room had a broken safe. I needed that for my all important laptop. The second room had a tub/shower insert that looked filthy. Upon closer inspection, dirt was embedded and could not be cleaned off because the insert was deteriorating. After attempting to clean it myself, I decided to take a shower . . . but then -- no hot water. Changed rooms again. Room #3 was okay.

The front desk staff were as helpful as they could be but must put up with a lot of negativity due to poor property conditions. I feel bad for them.

The carpets and bedspreads are new. The mattresses are soft and need to be replaced. The rooms have a microwave and frig. Nice if you need it. The continental breakfast is just coffee and some uber-sweet mini-muffins. Nothing else, so don't count on it. For breakfast, there is a Denny's at the corner that has awesome customer service and reasonable prices. Go there.

I was told they are renovating and will be painting. But the property also needs enhancements with their tubs and replace plumbing.

I will be coming to the same conference next year, but won't stay here. The owners of the hotel don't seem to want to attract recurring visitors such as me.

Room Tip: If you get room 110 -- ask for another. This room had no hot water and looked liked it needed a ser...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MrsGladiator
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Nice clean rooms with two queen size beds, microwave & wife approved bathroom with hot tub. Courteous and helpful reception desk. This disney holiday was truly a bargain. The heated pool was a treat for the boys!

Room Tip: try to get room 101 -103 on the gorud floot.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank patrick88Manila
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We were locked into 3 nights with NO...NO hot water. After them coming to the room three times and banging on the pipes and saying it was ok now...we knew we had been taken. After long wet and cold days iand evenings in Disneyland, wse sure wanted that HOT shower!

Breakfast...one kind of sugar cereal, white bread, one and 1/2" roll or cookie, sunny d for juice...lets see how much sugar we can give the kids. On one day there was an apple!

Free Shuttle...runs at 7:30 am and 8:30 am...with pick up times of 10:30 pm and 12:30 am. We called and waited over 45 minutes for the 10:30 pm shuttle to arrive, and with small tired children that was not acceptable.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank terrible30
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Our friends stayed in a different room and said they saw no cochroaches, but in our room, room 223, we had large cochroaches about 2 inches long. We also saw silverfish a silver looking crawling thing about 1/2-1 inch long. It was discusting.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Turbocutie84
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I booked and paid for this hotel for 3 in advance in August. Unfortuntely when I turned up they had no record of my booking and would not honour it, even though all my paperwork showed that the booking was confirmed. They then told me they could not ring the company I booked through as they could not make international calls. After waiting in the lobby for over half an hour, they came back and said they can't help me with that booking but if I would like book a room and pay for it they could help out. I am now staying somewhere else who wereable to assist me for the same price and is a much nicer hotel.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo