“Second stay at Del Sol Inn”

Anaheim Del Sol Inn
Ranked #52 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Just returned from my second stay at Del Sol Inn, the staff are still friendly and helpful in the office the rooms are always clean, and it is so close to Disneyland. This time we stayed on the top level which was much better, if I ever go back to Anaheim I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor has less noise as you do not have the noise from the floor above you when people are wa...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kaylyn47

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Staying here was a great experience! Location...right across the street! Room...Nice, comfy beds and clean! Staff....very friendly! Parking attendants are very nice and helpful as well. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Angela J
Reviewed May 28, 2014

In trying to weight all the pros and cons, I decided on a 3, but some of what this hotel offers could be a '4'. And with a discounted rate, that helps temper the expectations. The location is great in that is it set back from the main street (behind the Denny's), and almost right across from the Disney main entrance.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I have only good things to say about them. They responded quickly to our requests, but unfortunately we had to make those requests in the first place; our friends had a broken security lock on their door (which was repaired immediately upon request). Our top blanket and top coverlet on the bed both had stains (not permanent ones) and those were replaced immediately as well.
The room was fine, however our bathroom was quite small and their was water damage showing from where the water must have run over from the small tub/shower and has damaged the corner of the drywall.
We had a top floor (two story) room, above the office area, and so we didn't struggle too much with the noise other than the next door neighbours slamming their door. That was loud. But I did hear others on the ground floor complaining about how noisy it was.
The pool area and hot tub, were fine for our needs, but definitely on the small side.
They do offer a small breakfast, which is basic and probably good for families, although we didn't really take part as it was mostly bread/donuts/cereal. The hard boiled eggs were a nice offering.
Both we, and our friends, found the beds to be confortable.
Again, all the staff we had contact with were great. And if you can get this at a discounted price, the location is pretty sweet. I would consider staying here again, but probably not at the full price.

Room Tip: Topd floor room, and try to get the ones over the office.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank blondewander
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel for two simple reasons- it's affordable and directly across the street from the park. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable enough. Parking is very limited, but there's a valet to double park the guest vehicles. The grounds were clean. The front desk staff members were pleasant. Noise wasn't an issue at all.

I only had two minor complaints:
- The carpet near the bathroom was damp when we checked in.
- The free breakfast was pretty awful. Tiny cups of coffee and weird, generic food. You'd be better off to bring your own chow or stock up at the Target down the street.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Shanna M
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stay here every time we come down to Disneyland. The rooms are nice and clean and it's located right across the street from the park. It is also close to many restaurants. We have never had any problems while staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristen C
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We chose this hotel for three reasons. Great price, awesome location across the road from Disneyland entrance, a room that could fit a family - two queen and a bunk bed. We were surprised that the room had more space than we thought it would. We had read reviews that the rooms could be noisy and they were, we were downstairs and could hear people moving around upstairs, AC and plumbing was also very noisy but everyone pretty much got up and went to bed around the same time as we were all generally there for the same thing - Disneyland. So it was not a big issue unless you wanted to sleep in.
The pool and spa were really warm and enjoyed by the kids.
Due to the location we could come home for an rest mid afternoon before heading out again. Denny's and Ihop on the way home from Disney and much better prices than in the park- Ihop had free kids meals between 4-11pm with a adult meal.
The staff at Del sol were very helpful accommodating an early check in and a later check out at no extra charge.
Would certainly recommend for families.

Room Tip: up stairs room for a quieter room, away from pool if you are not going to use it as noisey
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Leanne M
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I loved this hotel. I was worried at first but when I got there I saw it was all for nothing. Yes the parking is limited but what others have forgotten to tell you is that when there is no more self parking, they will valet your car for no additional charge. What this means it they will take your keys and double park cars until a space for yours opens up. This didn't bother me at all because we were there to go to Disneyland and I had no plans on needed my car until check out. Later that night after coming back from the park I saw my car parked in a self parking spot and the parking attendant gave me back my keys so I could come and go in I needed. I had a family Suite Room with Bunk Beds and I have to say I love this room!!! We had 2 queen beds and the very nice sized bunk beds and we could still move around are room with no problems. And we were a family of 3 adults and 3 children so we could take up some space, but there was plenty of room for all of us and our luggage. The bunk beds were good sturdy wood and I felt very safe with the kids in them. My daughter didn't fall out and that's a shock because she moves so much at night she'll fall out her own bed at home with a rail. So yes I was very happy. As we stayed we saw them continuing to touching up the hotel and keep it nice. It was great to have Denny's so close in case anyone was hungry. The pool was great and the staff was awesome! The manage checked me out our last days and even booked me in for my next trip. The walking distance to Disneyland is better then even the Disneyland hotel, and I will stay again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family