“Perfect location, great hotel”

Anaheim Del Sol Inn
Ranked #51 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was our first time to the US and Anaheim, I did a great deal of research on trip advisor. We were only going to be here for 2 days and most of that time was going to be in the parks. I got a good deal for a kids room for $90. On the Anaheim forum some regulars doubted the positive reviews and made me concerned. To those concerned DON'T be. If you are looking for a place to sleep this is the hotel for you. Its incredibly close to the gates. We walked back and forth for rests and to grab coats. Actually we went into the park with no bags which was great. If you are wanting a full resort this may not be the place for you. This was our experience, ample parking, quick early check in at 8.30am, larger than expected corner room on second floor, super clean, hot strong shower, kids even used the pool and spa once and it was December. Beds are firm and fridge in the room could have been a bit quieter. Bunk beds are a little short due to the built in steps, my kids are 10 and 12. but with only 4 of us we had plenty of beds to choose from. We looked in on breakfast and kept walking, I personally wouldn't bother as there are so many fun options in Disney. Terrible wifi, but i think its the area and the amount of people that makes it bad because out personal hotsopt internet struggled here too. We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Corner upstairs room are large and quieter from hall running kids. Kids bunk room was nice and big f...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 4breakfastburritos
There are newer reviews for Anaheim Del Sol Inn

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was our 8th trip to Anaheim, and we've stayed at almost every hotel on S. Harbor Blvd. The Del Sol is as good as any other and an amazing price. This was the 2nd time staying here, we love the location, being right across from the entrance to DL. Pool and free breakfast are great as well.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Patrick F
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had a great experience at Del Sol. TJ , the manager was exceptionally helpful with our reservations. The location was perfect, right across the street from the entrance to Disneyland We took our grandkids 5 & 7 and it was so nice to be able to just walk back and take a nap in the afternoon. Our room had the bunk beds for the kids and 2 queen beds. They were very clean and comfortable. Only drawback was the limited parking but it was a real bargain for our money.

Room Tip: Book ahead to get the family rooms they are worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Checked in here last week for two nights. Booked in advance a two queen bed room for myself, husband, and five year old daughter. Our normal hotel we stay at in Anaheim was sold out already (close to Thanksgiving) so we went with the Del Sol Inn since it's also equally close to the park.

And that's the best part. You can walk to the parks in about five minutes even if you just miss the light to cross Harbor Blvd.!

When checking in I was greeted the following way:

"Hi, can I help you?"
"Yes, I have a reservation, <<insert name here>>"
"Oh, I've been dreading you all night."
"Um, ok..."
"Yeah, we don't have any more two bed rooms, so I have to give you a king with a roll-away, but don't worry, we won't charge you for the roll-away."
"Really? It's only 8pm and I made this reservation months ago?"
"Sorry."

So then we go to park and of course there's no parking. We're assured that Valet is free, but you have to tip.

The room is okay. Clean, up to date, AC/Heat worked fine.

The roll-away arrives and it's horrible. My five year old refused to sleep on it and I didn't blame her one bit, it was really lumpy in some areas and hard in others, so then we shared a bed for two nights.

Free Wifi wasn't consistent, but worked okay about 75% of the time.

We didn't try the breakfast.

All the hotels in this area have noise issues so I'm not knocking them at all for that.

It was nice to have a fridge in the room.

That's about it. I mean, I'd stay here again if I had to, but I'd rather go back to one of the other properties on Harbor that at least had enough parking and gave me the room I reserved.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ThemeParkReviewTrips
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel becuase of the price and location next to Disneyland. If you don't care about your back, by all means, stay here. They have the absolute worst matresses in the rooms. After walking all day in the parks for 12+ hours the last thing we needed was rocks for a bed. The room was pretty clean with beds to sleep 6. But all the matresses, including the bunk beds, were terrible. Spen the extra money and stay at another hotel on Harbor Blvd.

Room Tip: Do not stay next to the pool. Way to loud and your kids won't sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed a week for a little less than $90 a night. The room(s) were clean and comfortable. The decor was easy on the eyes and new. The beds were a little firm but comfortable. Slept great! Bathroom was very clean, a little tiny, but functional. There was a hairdryer and large countertops. Microwave small, but clean and worked great. Individual wrapped plastic cups for drinks provided. Large tv with clean remote. A/C was quiet. Shutter window shades, not drapes. Room smelled clean and carpet was clean. The staff was kind and concerned about making our stay relaxing and enjoyable. They answered any questions politely and completely. They were very prompt to address any concerns we had. The evenings were quiet, no startling noises. The complimentary breakfast was great to start our day with, toast, waffles, jam, cereal/milk, doughnuts, crossants, coffee, tea/hot water, orange juice, raspberry lemonade, apples and oranges. There are many eating options very close by IHOP, Dennys, Ice Cream, Captain Kidds. The walk to the gates at Disneyland and California Adventure was only a few minutes. We walked to Downtown Disney every night because It was so close by!

Room Tip: Great deal by booking directly with hotel. Rooms above covered parking had some light coming thru...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've stayed here twice. My first experience here was good. My second experience, this past weekend - makes me not really want to stay here again. Parking is horrific here. There is not enough parking for even one car per room. They valet your car at night and park them in front of other cars. It's just sort of a mess. The staff was not very friendly. She got the job done, but I can't say she was friendly. Our room felt like a shoe box because it was so small (it was a queen room - only 1 bed). The bed was hard as a rock. The bathroom was very tiny and hard to get ready in. We paid $177 to stay here. We went to another hotel (Marriott Anaheim Suites) the next night and got a room for $100 which was a million times better! I didn't mind this hotel the first time I stayed but I wouldn't really recommend it again. It is clean, so if you only care about a clean room, then this hotel is just fine for you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple