“good for Disney location!”

Days Inn & Suites Anaheim at Disneyland Park
Ranked #77 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The hotel was a good location to Disneyland! The hotel was ok, we had a few issues. Our room was not ready then the key didn't work when we came back so they moved us to another room. The breakfast was ok, pastry, cereal and bagels. It was good. The room was dated but clean for the most part. The showerhead though was the best out of any Disneyland hotel I have stayed at! The presure was great and able to rinse off very easy! That was a nice surprise! However the towels and bed were hard, the pillows may as well have been rocks, because they were so uncomfortable! The staff wasn't very friendly and didn't seem to care much. The shuttle wasn't running enough and we only used it once because of it. The door looked like it was open because a seal was missing or something. We could see the ground moving by while driving. It was a very nice size room though. The carpet and floors were filthy, but I wore slippers cause It was so gross. The water in the spa was really dirty / cloudy. All in all it was a good value and we were happy with the price we paid. Most of the hotels in the Disneyland area are old and run down so we expected that. We would stay again because of the price and location, but bring your own pillows and slippers! After all if going to Disney you're just sleeping there....

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have stayed in many hotels in the Disney area and I would NEVER stay at this hotel again. It is obvious they make money because they are so close to Disney but they must never put a penny back into the hotel as upkeep. The airconditioning unit was awful, it was so humid in our room that the clothes we had on that got wet from rides never dried. The air was so thick and gross it was awful to be in the room. Oh and it gets better... Our keys didn't work the second night so had to take them down to the office to get them fixed. Then they made us change keys the forth day of being there (no reason why). The front office staff was very unfriendly except for one man that was obviously not "family" and he was very friendly and nice. The carpet edge that goes into the bathroom/sink area was badly worn and if you stepped there you were poked by the nails or staples whatever was supposed to be holding the carpet down that wasn't there. The grate (yes there was a grate on the bathroom door) was filthy and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. The beds were so soft that your back hurt just sleeping on them for one night. The springs actually popped and made noises when you sat on the bed. The second day we noticed there were ants on the bathroom sink counter. Didn't really bother us until the next morning when they were on my daughters bed. We went to the office to complain and they swore to us they would spray the room and clean it all with fresh sheets. The next night they were in our bed.

The free breakfast consisted of toast, little donuts, bagels (no cream cheese), three choices of cereal, coffee, OJ & apple juice. Nothing decent at all. We actually went down the street and paid for breakfast because it was so bad.

I actually heard the front desk man tell a lie to a guest. He was on the phone with her telling her over and over again that the shuttle was almost to the park and just keep watching for it. As soon as he hung up with her he called the shuttle driver and told her to get over to the park (and actually argued with the driver about needing to go) because a guest was crying that she needed to be picked up. He told her to keep watching for the shuttle and it hadn't even left yet!!! As a matter of fact we checked in and the shuttle still hadn't left!

The one and only pro to this hotel.. it is within walking distance to the park.

2  Thank Lindalouaz
Reviewed September 27, 2012

When we first arrived in our room, the first thing we noticed was the smell, it smelled awful. My husband stepped on a staple that was sticking out of the carpet on the divide between the linoleum in the bathroom area and the carpet-there was plastic strip to cover the staples. When I turned the light on in the bathroom, I realized that the bathroom area was infested with ants. We requested another room and the man in the office seemed more annoyed that we noticed the ants, than concerned that there were ants all over. The new room was a little better, still stunk and there were stains on the wall. On the third day we were there, our towels hadn't been washed and replaced until about 5-6 in the evening. We also went town to the pool (you aren't supposed to take towels and use the ones provided down there) and there were no towels down there either. The breakfast in the morning was terrible. The cereal was stale and the milk was warm and not kept in a cool container, which considering it was in the 80s by 8 o'clock, this is a big deal. Overall, I was not satisfied at all. This trip left me with a bad taste in my mouth and I doubt I'll be returning to any Days Inn. There are much better hotels in the area, I urge you to look at those!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley C
Reviewed September 25, 2012

As I arrived to the hotel. I wasn't expecting it to be a HILTON, but when I got the key to go inside the room the room smelled horrible, I litterly had to go to Target about a mile and a half to purchase Lysol to removed the order, IT DID NOT WORK :-(. My poor 4 year old son wanted to use the restroom I took him outside because the restroom still had garbage from the previews people. I do not recommend anyone to stay in this trashy hotel. The next day I went straight to EMBASSY SUITES, then headed to Disnelyland.

Room Tip: Don't spend a dime in this Hotel. It is not kid friendly not sanitized at ALL!!!
1  Thank Vanessa R
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel was perfect for me and my solo trip, a great price from priceline, (under $50 a night) a basic simple breakfast in the morning coffee was the most important to me. And a decent room its a two star hotel, I had no issues, this was perfect to visit Disneyland they do have a free shuttle and you get the schedule when you check in.

If you didnt know how close to Disneyland you are the 9:30 fireworks will let you know, its like king-kong knocking on your door.

If you dont want to wait on the shuttle the ART stop is at the end of the driveway you can pre-purchase a ticket on line. The ART has several routes you can take to go to most attractions.
You can walk to Disneyland, I did several times but at the end of the day my feet were tired so I did try to catch a ride back.

This Days Inn was perfect for me, I do come prepared I carry travel fabreeze, clothes pins to keep the curtains closed, a night light. And the microwave and small fridge in the room was great. The pool is small but great at the end of the day, I did not try the hottub.

Check in was easy they were nice enough to let me check in a bit early, and housekeeping was great! I would stay here again if I went back to Disneyland, I would rather spend my money in the park than on a hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed here several times so we know what to expect. Older rooms in need of a face lift. Some peeling paint & rushed caulk-jobs in the bathroom, older furniture & appliances in rooms etc. Everything was clean though (but the carpet felt a little weird to bare feet so I wore my shoes). Service was courteous & prompt. Free (slow) wifi. Free parking. Free (simple) breakfast. Free (+ tip) shuttle to Disneyland. Decent pool & spa. Comfy bed. One mile to DLR ticket booth - walking distance for us, maybe not for you. Cheapest close place we've found.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We asked about Disney tickets, they didn't have any 1 day passes. Even though it's advertise in their rooms they sell them there. Once in room- SMELLED HORRIBLE. The shower was falling apart carpets looked like they were never washed. We were next to a house keeping room- no window looked trashed. Breakfast was terrible milk was warm. The breakfast room smelled like a combo of puke and sour milk. Extremely dirty hotel. You can get way better deals closer to the park and the rooms are way nicer. Don't waste your money here!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012