“Never stay here!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Days Inn & Suites Anaheim at Disneyland Park
Ranked #77 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Never stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We asked about Disney tickets, they didn't have any 1 day passes. Even though it's advertise in their rooms they sell them there. Once in room- SMELLED HORRIBLE. The shower was falling apart carpets looked like they were never washed. We were next to a house keeping room- no window looked trashed. Breakfast was terrible milk was warm. The breakfast room smelled like a combo of puke and sour milk. Extremely dirty hotel. You can get way better deals closer to the park and the rooms are way nicer. Don't waste your money here!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Lovinlife26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Las Vegas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

The only good thing I can say is that it was quiet and pool was nice (except no towels)

When we arrived on 08/20, I was informed that my 2 yr. old child had to be quiet because management was on the phone in their office. (You try convincing a 2 yr. old to be quiet.)
Then we got to our room and had to order towels from the office. Next day went and had the worst breakfast. The rolls, bagels, muffins all stale and dry. Cereal ok. The room was on 2nd floor in a converted room. Very dark. Didn't use the shuttle service because it was reliable and they had no room for stroller. Upon arriving back from our morning visit to Disneyland again had to order towels but also got locked out of room and had to get new keycards. On 08/22 went to park came back and was told we needed to give housekeeping more time to clean. After housekeeping was done, we found ants all over bathroom area. We just stepped on them and that was it. Thursday was fine. However this morning 08/24, the front desk clerk had a shirt and tie on but shirt not tucked in. He wasn't very professional or friendly. Never asked how the visit was.

I have stayed in several Days Inn throughout the country but this visit was the worst.
Days Inn I know you are independently owned but you really need to visit this location and fix it.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel in the area
2 Thank Cynthia L
Anaheim, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

This place was terrible. stayed one night and it was not good. pool was small and looked dirty. Breakfast was horrible....they had a tiny room with barely any food and the food was bagels, cereal and it was very very stale. I don't recommend this place for anyone. VERYYYY BAD AND GROSS!!!!!!!!!!! Bathtub was dirty and the shower head was falling apart. don't stay here.

1 Thank poop s
Fort Nelson, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Good points: very close to Disneyland - we walked 2 of the 3 days we went, free shuttle to Disneyland every hour & back. Although small, the pool was refreshing. Breakfast offered juice, some cereal (not much more, see bad points). Around $100/night.
Bad points:
- shuttle to Disneyland only every hour with a van (15 people max). Some people had to wait for a second trip at the end of the night.
- bed sheets very thin and some hairs present when I lifted the pillow cases
- some ants in room and around the area
- pool looks big in the picture but in fact is quite small, no towels when asked for extras as they were all used
- breakfast on second floor and mostly had donuts and pastries
- beds were either not a good brand or very old
- floors needed to be vacuumed
- maid service entered room even though the "do not disturb" sign was on door. They moved some items in the room and didn't make the beds, weird!
- room above was leaking into our bathroom - but that was because of the young people overflowed the tub

Room Tip: if at all possible, find another hotel, otherwise ok if you don't mind a poor quality bed, sheet...
Skokie, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

you are looking for a cheap hotel - not the Ritz Carlton. if you want to save every penny, this is the place! lowest priced room in the area + free shuttle + free breakfast + very close to the park. really only a 10 mins. walk from the entrance - i missed the shuttle once and didn't want to wait the full hour so i took the walk by myself and picked up the family on my own. the rooms are not luxurious but had a mini fridge to freeze 3 water bottles as well as a microwave to heat up dinners. the sheets and towels were clean and the pillow case was clean as well. there are lots of plants in the property so this may attract some insects but none were in the 2nd flr room i was at. some upgraded cabinets, counter tops, TV, and carpet would be nice but its not my home and if it aint broke, why fix it? the breakfast had 3 kinds of cereal, 2 juices, various pastry, coffee, and the staff do their jobs - nothing more - which is fine by me. this isn't the sleazy truck stop motel people make it out to be - mostly families that spend all day at the park and come here to sleep. forget the terrible reviews, take the silver spoon out ur arss, and take it easy - its not that bad.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank john m
Rocklin, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed here one time a couple years ago back in '10, and it was all right. The price is very reasonable, less than $100 a night most of the time. The proximity to Disneyland is a great draw, but those are pretty much the only good things going for it. The rooms are decent, but nothing to get excited about. But if you only are using it for a place to sleep, it works.

However, this trip in August '12, I had originally reserved a room here, but changed my mind and got a hotel closer to the park with better reviews. So I cancelled, and then yesterday, I just found out I was still charged for one night's stay, even though I cancelled in plenty of time. When I called, they said I had a duplicate reservation (I didn't even know about it), and there was nothing that could be done. I called Days Inn Corporate, and the only thing they've done so far was take my information and send it to Reservation Research, and that guy I spoke didn't even seem to care either.

I will not consider this hotel for future trips; I would rather pay more for a better experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was not the greatest hotel I've ever stayed at and the neighborhood wasn't that grand. The only good thing the hotel has going for it is that it's not that far from the Disneyland parking lot. When we walked in, the smelled like marijuana, we found stains on our sheets and on a couple of the pillow cases, and there was a make-up stain on my comforter. I asked the desk the next day to change them and they only changed the sheets. When I pulled down the comforter, the make-up stain was still there! My sister found a pink earring under her bed and it was there for our entire stay! When I was sitting at the desk, I saw a spider web on the lamp but I found the spider in the bathroom. In my opinion, don't stay here. It may look clean but you're more than likely going to be sleeping on the previous guest's sheets and if you drop something on the floor, they will probably vacuum around it. It's not worth the money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family