“STAY AWAY!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #105 of 116 Hotels in Anaheim
San Diego, California
“STAY AWAY!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

As a Disney annual passholder, I go to Disneyland several times a month and always stay at a neighbor hotel. I had never had a bad experience until now! This is the worst place you could possibly stay at. I stayed for two nights for the price of $175. I could have stayed at the travelodge for 1/2 the price and a better experience. The minute I checked in at the Ramada the man at the front desk had a sour pus face and did not help me until he was done texting on his cell phone. Once he "helped" me check in I was asking him questions and he would answer them with a bad attitude like he was mad at me and did not really answer my questions. The room was outdated and did not look like what is advertised in the photos. There was a roach in the shower, which was the highlight of my trip. There was also what looked like a dry blood stain on the bottom far end of the sheets. It was disgusting! when I went to go speak to the man at the front desk it turned into a problem. All i wanted was to change rooms or have my sheets changed. My boyfriend had the pleasure of killing the roach since we were not given the choice to change rooms. The sheets were changed. But we stayed in the same room, which was located in front of the elevator and we could hear everyone going up or down which is wonderful when your trying to sleep. I also think this is a hotel where people go with prostitutes because coming back late from disneyland we saw a woman 1/2 dressed leaving a room and a man paying her. My favorite part of staying at the Ramada was the Checkout!!!! Never again!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Denisse R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Everett
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel room was dirty. The linens were stained, the counters were stained. When I placed the reservation i specified a king size bed. The desk had no record of this. Then had no available king size bed. There was a hoard of noisy cheerleaders. In the morning, if the continental breakfast ran out of syrup or butter the staff was told but made no atempt to remedy the situation, instead stood around speaking spanish, enjoying their chat time. All tv stations were full of static, not a clear channel anywhere. Overall I am very disappointed in this hotel stay. I hope to never stay at another ramada again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

DEFINITELY NOT A 3 STAR HOTEL!!!!! The first day we were there, we arrived hours before checkin time. We were told that we could wait in a side room which had small tables and chairs. We accepted because we didn't have a car or anywhere else to go and wanted to change clothes (in the bathroom) and rest. Shortly after this, we were approached by a woman who told us we needed to leave the area because it was an area set aside for guests to eat breakfast. We explained that we had permission to be there. Five min later, another woman came in and told us that they wanted to lock the srea and shut the doors and that we would have to leave. We decided to trust our luggage with the desk personnel and went walking around Anaheim passing time until we could officially check in.
The room was gross and in bad need of repairs. When I washed my hands in the sink, the entire faucet came out of the vanity. It lifted right out! There were gaping holes between the door and the door jam so you could see out and someone could see in! It appeared as if a person had tried to pry the door open with a crobar. The tub faucet would not operate independently of the shower so when my daughter wanted to sit on the edge of the tub and shave her legs, she was showered on. The tile was in horrible shape and needed to be grouted years ago! I asked for a different room and got one. However, every room is supposed to have a frig and a microwave but this room didn't have a microwave.We decided to settle into this room despite the fact that we no longer had access to a microwave. Watch out for the free breakfast. If you like Fruit Loops and Raisin Bran, this is your place top stay. I only saw donuts once in four days. The bread for making toast was scarce. The waffles after being cooked in the wafflemaker, were very doughy and inedible in the center. Two different mornings (half the number of my stay), the only food available was cereal. No bread, no donuts, no waffles...uit was so disappointing. The woman that runs the breakfast room was very unfriendly and rude many times to me and my daughter. I will be returning to Anaheim yearly for the National Cheer Competition but I will NEVER EVER stay at the Ramada Limited Anaheim again. This hotel isn't even a 2 star to be honest.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Suzanne S
Nelson, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had a terrible stay here. Our room was right next door to the lift, the ice machine and also the washing machines. Very noisy with guests doing their washing at 11 pm?? One of the guests held his wife ransom while we were there so we weren't allowed back in the hotel until after this drama occurred. This is obviously not the hotels fault. Most of the reception staff were not very friendly. However the hotel is within walking distance to Disney (about 30 minutes). Breakfast supplied every morning. Room was clean and tidy although it stunk of cigarette smoke.

Room Tip: If you are given the room next to the lift/ice making room/washing machine room - ask for another!!