“Do not ever stay at this motel”

Ramada Anaheim Convention Center
Ranked #110 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I normally do not write reviews for anything but I feel like I have to for this hotel. It is absolutely terrible. We had five people altogether in our party and my boyfriend had a separate room. First impressions: old, musty smell. The two lamps in our room next to our beds didn't work so we had little light. The bathroom door didn't even close all the way cause the lock wouldn't match up to the hole. The pool sucked. It was freezing cold and it's halfway indoor/outdoor so you can't even sit out in the sun. The hot tub was the only thing comfortable enough to relax in. The internet was super slow and parking is a mess.

And the room keys. They give you this flimsy little card that we had to change at least 5 times during our stay and we only stayed 4 nights. It not only happened to us but to my boyfriends key as well. So it wasn't just our lock. Apparently the card would demagnetize if rubbed next to your credit cards or cell phone so they would totally stop working. I went down to get breakfast one day and went back up to the room with my sister. Cause people want to get back into their rooms without hassle. Simple. The key stopped working and we had just changed it. I go downstairs to the lobby and my sister tells the lady (I believe it was Patricia) that we need to change it. Supposedly we need the person whom the room is under with us in order to change the key. So she immediately gives us attitude and says "Who's Anna?" in a really smart alecky tone and I just snap at her, informing her that we have been down here 5 times changing these stupid keys. So she gives me some excuse like well the locks are old blah blah. She starts barking at me telling me to be quiet. She didn't even so much as apologize for the inconvenience right off the bat. She was just plain rude to begin with. There was nothing nice to say about her. Lack of customer service skills right there.

Housekeeping was nice though. And the waffles at breakfast were good. But overall, do not stay here. I would have rather paid more for a nicer hotel closer to Disneyland. The walk is about 20 minutes by the way.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 15, 2011

We booked this place on Expedia for a family trip to Disneyland b/c it was a good deal - prepaid. Well, the pictures did not at all match the hotel. The place wasn't that clean and we didn't feel safe. We left after the first night, forfeiting whatever prepay rate we paid. Do your family a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank doab
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights and had no problems at all - and trust me, I was nervous about all the review this place had received. Before the trip I had called to ask questions and was given helpful and correct information that prepared us for our arrival. Our room wasn't ready when we were so the hotel kept our luggage in the back and we utilized the bus system to get to Disneyland (the main purpose for our trip). The walk is 20-30 minutes which was nice on a cool night but long if you aren't a walker. The room was great, huge and clean. It had all the amenities that we needed and our towels and sheets were changed everyday. The breakfast is nothing to write home about so if that's a deciding factor, this isn't the place - but there are about a million restaurants within 5 -10 walking minutes of the hotel which we enjoyed exploring. For the price and the distance to our main destination, this was an excellent hotel and a place I would stay again.

Room Tip: Focus on your travel destination, not sleep place!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelerUnraveler
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Filthy! We ended up in 3 different rooms. Horrible experience. All 3 rooms were so dirty. In the last room I keep putting the "foot bed spread" in the other room under dirty towels and each night when I returned the same dirty blanket was on my bed. The staff was just plain stuck on stupid. They couldn't give us a straight answer on ANYTHING! And don't get me started on the "continental" breakfast. Did i mention a bug crawled on me in the 2nd room and one across the floor in the 3rd room. I want to see the rooms from the photos. By the was it's a franchise not part of the real ramada hotels! DONT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I booked this hotel on hotwire.com. When I arrived at the hotel for check-in at 10pm, after a tiring journey, the front desk clerk wanted to accommodate me and 3 people in a queen size bed and in a sofa that would disgust my dog ​​to sleep there. As this was the only room available, I decided to contact the hotwire, who promptly made ​​another reservation at a hotel for me at no additional cost. After everything settled with hotwire, the Ramada atendant appeared and said that two rooms were available for me and for my family. I refused. Maybe I'll sue the hotel for losses and damages.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank vinigmartins
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Enjoyed our stay. Close to Convention center. Room was clean and comfortable. Patricia at the desk was outstanding and very helpful and friendly. Antonia in the kitchen always had a smile.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank tjpcsm
Ramada_Anaheim_South, Front Office Manager at Ramada Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2011

Thank you very much for your kindness. It was my pleasure to serve you and hope to see you in the future. Patricia

Reviewed January 11, 2011

When we checked in on Friday, got to our room, our bathroom was covered in MOLD!, I went down stairs and complained, after looking at 10 different rooms with the maid,found a room that was semi decent and no mold in the bathroom! The next morning I checked my bank account and they had charged me twice! so over 400 bucks was taken out of my account. Ran down stairs, and found out since I changed rooms, they charged me twice! The women at the front desk told me there was nothing I could do that I needed to talk to my bank, my bank told me the same thing that the hotel had to fix it.. After an HOUR of me sitting on the front desk and refusing to move til they gave me my money, the front desk women reversed the charge and so did the bank! I was told that my info was being taken out of the computer til I checked out and would only be charged 129 instead of 193... (got a free night) I said fine...When I checked out Monday morning.. Found out they charged me 193 AGAIN!!!! I ran down stairs and demanded they reverse every charge and I refuse to pay anything. The women was not understanding and wasnt the nicest and told me I had to pay! She told me after 30 mins of me cussing and screaming that I would only pay for one night and she reversed the money and they would be refunding me money! I have yet to see it! They should have paid me to stay there!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Quality Inn
#87 of 119 in Anaheim
The Colony
Ramada Anaheim Maingate North
American Inn
#4 of 8 in Downey

Been to Ramada Anaheim Convention Center? Share your experiences!