“First trip back to Anaheim in 11ys”

Best Western Plus Pavilions
Ranked #23 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed April 5, 2009

This hotel was a great place to stay if you want Disneyland, California adventure or Knotts berry farm this is a MUST stay place. Denny's is in the parking lot and when you wake up and need better coffee or more coffee your just a few feet away. We would order 2 Grand Slams with 2 extra sides and it would feed our family of 5 and start our day. The hot tub was nice to sit in and meet people after a full day of walking. We watched the Dreams Come True" Fireworks Spectacular every night from the parking lot and even better shot if you walked across the street to the Disneyland parking lot. The beds were very comfortable, the housekeeping staff did an AMAZING JOB the Place was very Clean Front desk staff VERY FRIENDLY and answered any questions we had. down. We will stay in this hotel again. very pleased. Colorado Family

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank snelson5

Reviewed December 30, 2008

I was completely happy with my stay, my son his daughter, and I had such an experience, we would get up, eat our free breakfast, then catch the shuttle and go straight to the Greatest Place on Earth!! This was my second time there and If I go again I will stay there again, the people were very friendly and helpful. The location was great. Nice resturant with good food, right next door. Very well located and rooms were clean and nice.

Stayed: November 2006
1  Thank nyla08
Reviewed November 25, 2008

I read all of the reviews regarding this hotel and they were really mixed, but it was a very reasonable price, so I decided to see for myself and I am so glad I did! The hotel didn't look so great on the outside when we first got there, but we were very pleasantly surprised when we walked inside of our room! The room was pretty spacious and the bed was really comfortable. The staff were all very nice and accomodating. Everything in the room worked fine and when we did have one problem, it was addressed by the staff right away. The walk to Disneyland was about 1 mile or so, but there is a shuttle that will pick you up out in front of the hotel and the price for the shuttle was very reasonable. Overall we had a wonderful experience here. We would definitely stay again and would recommend it to anyone as long as they don't mind a bit of a walk.
S.V.
Northern California

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Markieswife
Reviewed November 14, 2008

My husband and I stayed for five nights at the start of our American holiday.What a great introduction to the USA. All the staff were excellent - nothing was too much trouble, and the fresh cookies are great. The shortcut through the Disneyland Staff carpark (opposite) to downtown Disneyland is about an 6 minute walk, the main entrance to Disneyland is another 5 minute walk. There is an excellent supermarket about a 5 minute walk away. We weren't impressed with Denny's next door, but Coco's on the corner and the Italian restaurant next door were very good. There are no laundry facilities at Pavillions, but you can use the laundry at the Best Western about 4 doors down from Pavillions - ask at Pavillions Office for a pass. Would suggest asking for a room at the back if you don't want to hear the traffic. Our room had 2 Queen size beds, small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. We must have mentioned that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary as we found a small gift from the staff on our arrival back in our room one night - a lovely thought most appreciated. Would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jean62Victoria
Reviewed November 1, 2008

This was an amazing hotel. Staff where very friendly and helpful, even called us on the first night to make sure we found everything ok and see if we needed directions. Very clean and close to disneyland very easy to find everything you may need while visting. Dennys right in parking lot too which makes for an easy meal. Totally recommend this hotel well worth the money and then some.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Sirrus
Reviewed October 23, 2008

We (me, hubby, 6 yr. old daughter, 4 yr. old son) stayed at BW Pavilions Oct. 12-18, 2008 for our Disneyland vacation. We had originally booked Paradise Pier, but due to tight finances, we decided to save some dough and stay off property. BWP seemed to have some of the best reviews of the hotels on Katella, so we booked it. The hotel itself is typical. We were a little leery of the "doors on the outside" setup, but soon realized that most motels in the area had that going on! The rooms were clean, and maid service was great. Desk staff was adequate, but not terribly cheery! Rooms were set up nicely, but not entirely noise-proof. We were on an end room, second floor, and could hear a lof of foot traffic and parking lot noise. Also, we had a nice surprise when someone in the room next door started jimmying with the adjoining room door in the middle of the night! (Probably a kid) Honestly, I didn't feel entirely safe in the hotel area, but I'm a small town Montana girl, so that could just be big city paranoia! My kids loved the pool and hot tub, and it was hardly crowded at the time. The hot tub was nice after a long day of walking in the parks! We got the Anaheim Resort Transit pass, which saved our feet, as the walk from BWP to the Grand Californian cut-across was a little too much for our tired feet! The bus sometimes took a while, which cut into our park time, so next time I'd definitely stay closer to the parks, especially having two kids who definitely need a mid-day break from the hub-bub! The bus stop is at the front of the parking lot, as is a Denny's restaurant which served us some wonderful food while we were there! All-in-all I can't say too many negative things about the hotel, its just that I didn't feel it entirely fit our needs for visiting Disney. I guess it depends on how much value you place on being super-close to the parks. For us, I think next time we'll pay a little more and stay at one of the hotels near the front entrance, as we got a good view of those on our many bus trips to and from the Disneyland parking lot!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2008

The Best Western Pavilions is located on the south end of the Disneyland Metroplex, so it's a bit more out of the way than many of the other off-site hotels in the area. We've also stayed on Harbor Blvd (just east of the main entrance), and let me tell you, this area was a lot nicer, at least for us. If you have little kids, or want multiple dining options, then that area might be better for you. It's also better for the vast majority of people who are staying near Disneyland, as evidenced by the massive crowds in nearly all the restaurants, and the nearly non-stop foot traffic in that area. I really didn't like that so much. There's a Denny's in the same parking lot as this hotel, and then there's a few small eateries in the little shopping center on the other side. We did not go into any of those, but we did eat at Denny's more than enough times (I think I'll not be going there for a while).

What I liked about this hotel was it's out-of-the-way location. For us, it was much quieter and not so crazy as the Harbor Blvd area. It's enough to deal with the big crowds inside the parks, so when we left, it was nice to get away from everyone. The hotel wasn't very full this weekend, but it was very quiet. The buidling is painted an ugly green color, and the outside looks old, but when you go in the rooms, it's surprisingly updated. It appears as if they've recently replaced the carpet, and the beds are not saggy (yet). The bathroom was pretty clean, which I always look for in a hotel. We got plenty of TV channels, including HBO. They've definitely done some work on the inside to make the rooms comfortable.

Now the bad...when we first walked in, the room had a slight smell of mold, which we'd smell every time we came back to the room. We didn't ever see any, but the smell was definitely there. My girlfriend got a few bug bites on her legs, which could have been bed bugs (but I cannot say for sure). The AC unit was extremely loud, so it was a battle between staying cool at night, or not having to sleep with earplugs in to block out the loud noise.

Overall, I enjoyed our stay. The minor bad points were outweighed by the good. If you are not a picky eater, then eating at Denny's or the park will be fine. The walk to the park through the parking lot is about 5 minutes, unless you have kids or are slow walkers. The location is actually better to me than the closer hotels on Harbor because you don't have to go through the insanely long lines at security or at the park gates. From our the hotel, you can walk to the "secret" Grand Californian hotel entrance right into California Adventure or take the monorail at Downtown Disney right to Tomorrowland in Disneyland. Either way, the lines are virtually non-existent, and the walking distance to either is about the same. So, even though the hotel is farther, you will get to the parks faster from this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)