All reviews downtown disney parking lot breakfast vouchers denny's restaurant grab and go right next door denny s minute walk free parking convenience store bus stop comfortable beds would definitely stay here again walking distance across the street the ground floor yogurt
Reviewed December 30, 2008

I was completely happy with my stay, my son his daughter, and I had such an experience, we would get up, eat our free breakfast, then catch the shuttle and go straight to the Greatest Place on Earth!! This was my second time there and If I go again I will stay there again, the people were very friendly and helpful. The location was great. Nice resturant with good food, right next door. Very well located and rooms were clean and nice.

Date of stay: November 2006
1  Thank nyla08
Reviewed November 25, 2008

I read all of the reviews regarding this hotel and they were really mixed, but it was a very reasonable price, so I decided to see for myself and I am so glad I did! The hotel didn't look so great on the outside when we first got there, but we were very pleasantly surprised when we walked inside of our room! The room was pretty spacious and the bed was really comfortable. The staff were all very nice and accomodating. Everything in the room worked fine and when we did have one problem, it was addressed by the staff right away. The walk to Disneyland was about 1 mile or so, but there is a shuttle that will pick you up out in front of the hotel and the price for the shuttle was very reasonable. Overall we had a wonderful experience here. We would definitely stay again and would recommend it to anyone as long as they don't mind a bit of a walk.
S.V.
Northern California

Date of stay: November 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Markieswife
Reviewed November 14, 2008

My husband and I stayed for five nights at the start of our American holiday.What a great introduction to the USA. All the staff were excellent - nothing was too much trouble, and the fresh cookies are great. The shortcut through the Disneyland Staff carpark (opposite) to downtown Disneyland is about an 6 minute walk, the main entrance to Disneyland is another 5 minute walk. There is an excellent supermarket about a 5 minute walk away. We weren't impressed with Denny's next door, but Coco's on the corner and the Italian restaurant next door were very good. There are no laundry facilities at Pavillions, but you can use the laundry at the Best Western about 4 doors down from Pavillions - ask at Pavillions Office for a pass. Would suggest asking for a room at the back if you don't want to hear the traffic. Our room had 2 Queen size beds, small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. We must have mentioned that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary as we found a small gift from the staff on our arrival back in our room one night - a lovely thought most appreciated. Would highly recommend this motel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jean62Victoria
Reviewed November 1, 2008

This was an amazing hotel. Staff where very friendly and helpful, even called us on the first night to make sure we found everything ok and see if we needed directions. Very clean and close to disneyland very easy to find everything you may need while visting. Dennys right in parking lot too which makes for an easy meal. Totally recommend this hotel well worth the money and then some.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Sirrus
Reviewed October 23, 2008

We (me, hubby, 6 yr. old daughter, 4 yr. old son) stayed at BW Pavilions Oct. 12-18, 2008 for our Disneyland vacation. We had originally booked Paradise Pier, but due to tight finances, we decided to save some dough and stay off property. BWP seemed to have some of the best reviews of the hotels on Katella, so we booked it. The hotel itself is typical. We were a little leery of the "doors on the outside" setup, but soon realized that most motels in the area had that going on! The rooms were clean, and maid service was great. Desk staff was adequate, but not terribly cheery! Rooms were set up nicely, but not entirely noise-proof. We were on an end room, second floor, and could hear a lof of foot traffic and parking lot noise. Also, we had a nice surprise when someone in the room next door started jimmying with the adjoining room door in the middle of the night! (Probably a kid) Honestly, I didn't feel entirely safe in the hotel area, but I'm a small town Montana girl, so that could just be big city paranoia! My kids loved the pool and hot tub, and it was hardly crowded at the time. The hot tub was nice after a long day of walking in the parks! We got the Anaheim Resort Transit pass, which saved our feet, as the walk from BWP to the Grand Californian cut-across was a little too much for our tired feet! The bus sometimes took a while, which cut into our park time, so next time I'd definitely stay closer to the parks, especially having two kids who definitely need a mid-day break from the hub-bub! The bus stop is at the front of the parking lot, as is a Denny's restaurant which served us some wonderful food while we were there! All-in-all I can't say too many negative things about the hotel, its just that I didn't feel it entirely fit our needs for visiting Disney. I guess it depends on how much value you place on being super-close to the parks. For us, I think next time we'll pay a little more and stay at one of the hotels near the front entrance, as we got a good view of those on our many bus trips to and from the Disneyland parking lot!

• Trip type: Traveled with family