Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn
Ranked #24 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed September 4, 2010

we had a great trip to disneyland and stovalls made it even better.this hotel was exactly what we expected,we usually stay at higher end hotels but we figured we could save ourselves some money since all we do is eat breakfast there and sleep there.the included breakfast was fine to get you going,but healthier choices would have been nice such yogourt and "whole grain "bread.we really enjoyed being able to walk to disney and back(no problems walking the distance,10 mins to the parks).cocos restaurant,next door was a great place to eat cheaply as well as millis across the intersection(really good ice cream).the staff at stovalls were very friendly and helpfull.if anyone is as concerned about bugs as much as we are,there were no cockroaches,silverfish,spidersor most importantly,there were no bedbugs.we will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank caughtravelbug
mrkukusa, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2010

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time on giving us this review. Management and Staff members appreciate your feedback. We want to make sure you do enjoy your stay and exceed your expectations. We hope to see your guys pretty soon!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,669)

Reviewed September 2, 2010

I stayed at the Stovall's in October 2009 for five days. It was a very nice stay. The rooms were updated and very clean. The cleaning staff did a great job. Everything worked and there was good water pressure for my shower.

All the staff was quite helpful and friendly. We went down for breakfast at 7am which was a good time as it wasn't very busy and the food was fresh. We went at 8 one day and didn't do that again, as the staff had a hard time keeping up with the food stocking. There was a wide variety, and all was quite flavorful. I liked that there was hot food instead of the usual cold continental breakfasts from the area I live in.

The location was good to walk to the Disneyland parks. I found that my son couldn't make even a short walk on the way back so we used the shuttle, which was quite convenient. There were no extra charges upon checkout and at the time parking was not an extra charge. It is close to a few restaurants and we could see the fireworks from the hotel.

We have just booked our ten day vacation for October again this year and of course are staying at the Stovall's. They have provided us the same room for our stay which is very nice. We are excited to go back and don't even look elsewhere to stay for our yearly trip to Disneyland.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank CPortelance

We are very pleased that you have always had a great time staying with us. Thank you for your review we really appreciate it. We look forward in seeing you in October!!!

Reviewed August 31, 2010

We stayed here 3 nights, mainly as we got the 3rd night free offer. The hotel was nice, the room was modern though very dark, our bathroom was 10x brighter than the room itself, I think we were on the wrong side of the hotel for natural sunlight. Parking is $8 a day, don't see why they need to charge though. Breakfast is free, they have a better range of breakfast foods then other hotels, but get there early, as they don't refill once they had finished using that days quoter of food. I think breakfast finished at 9 or 930 but there was no choice left what-so-ever, if you got there late. We were at the end of the long line of rooms, and we still had a noisy rooms, kids running screaming outside your rooms all day long, waking you up in the mornings, the dumper truck beeping waking you up in the morning. The hotel offers free wi-fi, though neither of us could get connected to it in the room, even after complaining to the front desk various times [we can always connect at other hotels]. It was a long walk to Disney 20mins+, next time we'll stay closer to Disney.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
mrkukusa, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2010

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed August 24, 2010

I stayed here with my partner when we visited Disneyland this summer. I'll start on a positive: the location is perfect if you want to be close to the parks and don't fancy splashing out on any of the Disney hotels. Located at the end of Disneyland Drive, it's a five minute walk to Downtown Disney.

Despite that, I couldn't bear to be at the hotel. Maybe I've been too pampered in the past, but I just did not feel comfortable staying in this very dated and dingy hotel. I couldn't have lasted another night. The breakfast was also very disappointing, so don't depend on it. Service was poor and we had to wait almost an hour after check-in until our room was ready. We didn't visit the pool as it's car-park location was a bit off-putting. It's fine if you want basic accommodation (no bugs, dirt etc), but I personally wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
mrkukusa, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2010

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We have added more variety to our continental breakfast. I do apologize for the delay on your room being ready. Even though check in is at 3pm we very much try to accommodate guests with an early check in if possible. We do have a place where you can store luggage at no cost if needed. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 12, 2010

Really enjoyed our stay from July 30th to August 5th. Arrived at 1 pm on the 30th - able to check in to our room immediately (offered top floor - yes please!) - always a bonus! Very clean room - spacious enough for the two of us. Good storage space for clothes. Nicely remodelled - bathroom especially clean and new looking which was great. Only fault was a very loud air conditioning unit - but worked to our advantage as it drowned out the noise from the other guests!

Staff was very friendly. Always chatted with us when we walked through the lobby - asked us how our day was. Very helpful with tour and shopping information. Internet in lobby was helpful - was broken one night and the staff called the maintenance man to let me into the business centre so I could check us in for our return flight. Housekeeping very friendly too! A bit loud in the morning as we were right by the elevator and this seemed to be the meeting place for the housekeeping staff. No complaints though about their work.

About a 15 minute walk to the parks - was advised best route was to walk through Grand Californian and Downtown Disney. Good scenery along the way and nice to have an air conditioning break walking through the hotel. ART system quite good as well and picks up right outside hotel. We're not big breakfast eaters, so what was there was fine for us. Biggest probem with breakfast is the other guests - some were quite pushy, rude and messy. Sit outisde by the business centre to get away from the chaos!

All in all a good place to stay if you're not going to be spending tons of time at your hotel. We'd go back again for sure!

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank CanadianGirl1981
mrkukusa, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2010

We are pleased that you had a great time at Disneyland and that you did enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for your review we will share this with our staff. We hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed August 10, 2010

I stayed in the hotel with my families for vacation in disneyland. For the price is not worth it. The room is very small. The beds are very small. There is no view. The breakfast is very cold. Even the boiled eggs are very cold and hard. It doesn't taste fresh. The coffee is the worst. Tasteless. Cheap coffee. Then the orange juice machine was broken.for two days. The bathroom has no sink. The sink is outside. Do not forget any of your stuff in the room that has some value. You forget them, you loose them. If you report to the office, they don't even say sorry. They don't care. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Let me start by thanking you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property.I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying.Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

As an active duty military family, we stayed at this hotel because our ITT office had vouchers for $85 per night. Positives: The room had been renovated which was nice. We had a fridge and microwave. The hotel is walking distance to Disneyland. Negatives: For a 5-night stay, this room was way too tiny. The room had a terrible smell. I told the front desk about the smell and a housekeeper came to the door with room spray. It wasn't enough. I bought Lysol at a nearby drugstore which we sprayed regularly. Breakfast was chaotic with people quickly grabbing food as the staff put it out. I would not stay here again.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time on letting us know your experience here at the hotel. I do apologize for the inconvenience I wish that it would have been brought to the front desk manager’s attention we would have taken care of the problem. We would of asked if you would like to switch to another room and also asked if you would like assistance moving. We do appreciate your business and we hope you give us another chance to exceed your expectations.