“Convenient, budget accommodation”

Ranked #25 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Wellington
“Convenient, budget accommodation”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We spent two nights at Stovall's Inn. I'd booked through a travel agent and got a very good price. Overall the experience was positive though I would say that is relative to the price paid. In NZ this kind of property would be classified as a motel. Every unit is accessed from the outside.

The check-in was quick and friendly. There is a $10 per day charge for self-parking but given the price of the hotel, this wasn't a problem to us. The card keys we were given didn't work initially and I had to go back to the front desk to get new ones. Even though I had just checked in I had to go through an 'identification' process. I chose to see this as a good sign, that they were security conscious. However, the second and third time my key failed, I was less happy about it. My parking was wiped off my bill though, as recognition of the inconvenience caused - which I appreciated.

The room itself was fairly dark, but clean. There were two queen sized beds and a mini kitchenette area with a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The bathroom was dated without proper ventilation, but again it was clean and met our requirements. The air con and facing the outside meant that it was noisy and when people wheeled their suitcases it was scary until we realised what it was, but ear plugs fix any noise problems.

Breakfast is included in the price. There was a selection of cereals, breads, donuts, yoghurt and a different hot item each day. If you expect a gourmet meal you will be disappointed, but if a bowl of cereal, some fruit and maybe a piece of toast is going to get your day started, you will be happy. It was more than enough to get us through a busy morning at Disneyland.

The selling point for this hotel is proximity to Disneyland. We walked to Downtown Disney in around 10 minutes. There are shuttles you can pay for, but it is easy to walk. We felt safe walking along the tree lined street to the park both first thing in the morning and late at night. Disneyland was amazing. We only spent one day so made the most of it by staying all day. Early in the morning was the best time, from about 8.15am to 10.30am we didn't queue for a ride. Maybe we were lucky, but the park didn't seem to get really busy until about 11am. Even after that time we never queued more than 20 minutes.

Back at the hotel we used the pool, which had a feature garden and was well presented.

All in all, other than the minor issue with our key card, we couldn't fault our stay at Stovall's. It was budget accommodation which more than met our needs. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
StovallsManager, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the great things that you have mentioned about the hotel. I’m glad that we were able to fix the key problem. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. We do hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Burlington, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights while visiting Disneyland/California Adventure. Just wish we had more to time to just enjoy the lovely setting. Very comfortable pillow-top beds, tasteful new furnishings, good size fridge with a freezer section, microwave, huge room with two queen sized beds, desk and sitting area with table. Everything was very clean and well-kept. The parks are definitely within walking distance (think 2-3 big blocks) and we cut through the Grand Californian resort hotel to enter either California Adventure or Downtown Disney/Disneyland each day. It's a very safe area even for walking back at night and the trees trunks lining Disneyland Dr. are lit up with white lights! The pool area is very fun with cute topiary trees that rival the ones at It's a Small World - very well maintained with fresh towels and a bathroom/shower area. Too bad we didn't have more time to enjoy it. Great business center with three computers and a designated printer - used this several times. The breakfast area is next door and quite large. Never had a problem with waiting in line, but we arrived very early each day. Plenty of food choices with the usual cereals, breads, bagels, yoghurt, bananas, apples, and scrambled eggs. The meat varied - one day sausage links, the next day bacon. Also, pancakes alternating with waffles (not make your own, though - kind of wimpy). Enough to get you going in the morning. The gift shop has great prices compared to the parks for some of the same items. Parking is $10 a night, but you are guaranteed a space and I was able to leave my car there until 3pm after check-out while we enjoyed one last morning at Disneyland. I used Military Voucher coupons to pay for the stay and saved a LOT (the reduced price includes tax). Be sure to call your local MWR office for instructions on how to reserve the room and purchase/redeem the coupons. Overall, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Rebecca H
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business. Thank you once more for all the great things that you have mentioned on your review. We hope that when visiting the Anaheim area you come to the Best Western Plus Stovall’s Inn for your lodging needs.
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We're a family of 4…stayed from August 19-August 22….it's a great way to save money. We booked online (21 days advance booking) and paid $10 per day for parking. We used the ART bus to travel to the theme park entrances…the bus stop is conveniently located outside the front-office..
Breakfast area is always busy, but staff are always replenishing….
Beware, house-cleaning usually starts around 2pm - in case you wanna get back to the hotel for a break..lol…but they do a great job.
Two large pools and two spas help you relax after a long day at the Park.
Laundry is only $1.25 a load with detergent available for $1.00 a packet - very helpful.
The gift shop in the lobby opens from 7am-1pm and has a good variety of souvenirs at an affordable price compared to those sold at the theme parks.
Overall, staff were very friendly and we enjoyed our stay - thankyou Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn…we'll be back..!!

1 Thank Finiasi
Thank you for your review. That is great that you were able to use the ART shuttle to get back and forth from the parks. We hope to see you soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

When first having a 11 hour flight and trouble with the taxi that we had booked... 4 hours later then we expected we finally got to the hotel, at first it looks great and its idle with the restaurant coco's right next to it. come 11 o'clock at night all we wanted was a bed to go sleep and after booking in with lovely staff we went our room for the price we paid we were only expecting some standard basic rubbish room, but no you get 2 double beds which are heaven to sleep on a nice sized bathroom with bath/shower, tea/coffee maker, air con and a large tv. to be honest what more do you need, its not liking you are staying in the room all day but if you are then you are sorted! with 2 food stores both about a 2-3 minute walk either side of the hotel and dennys restaurant just down the road too. there is also a shopping mall centre called 'Anaheim garden walk' which plenty of shops, blowing and a fantastic cinema. okay the WI-FI isint the best with it keep going down but you can live with not being on the laptop.. mostly because its a holiday not a business stay. breakfast was fine with eggs on everyday and bacon one day and sausages the next day.. with all hot and cold drinks and other breakfast food. also went to the Universal hollywood studio!! it was BRILLIANT if you come to La make sure you go there.. theres 2 pools and 2 hot tubs pools things.. ever day rooms clean and beds changed and made and clean fresh towels.. what more can you ask for from a hotel.. if you are thinking about coming to anaheim make sure you book and stay here!!

Room Tip: the standard double room is all you want just for a good night sleep and somewhere to put you stuff...
1 Thank Louis_Radford
Thank you for your review and all your kind words. We are very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time and that you will come and visit us again. We appreciate that. Hope to see you soon.
Nanaimo, B.C.
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We are a family of 4 that stayed for 4 nights. The rooms were adequate, spacious enough and clean. The WIFI was not very good and periodically did not work. I found that annoying! The breakfast was good but became real busy. They had the usual hot and cold items. My kids used the pool once and enjoyed it. We brought our car and parking was $10/day but we were able to park right beside our room. The walk to Disney is quick. Walk to the Grand Californian and go through the hotel to either enter via Downtown Disney or after 10am you can enter directly into California Adventure Theme Park.
Paid around $85/night. I felt that was a good deal. I would stay there again....

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank JohnsonFamily
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you were able to use the pool. In August it can get pretty hot. The walk to Disneyland parks is amazing. The scenery is beautiful on your way there. We hope to see you again.
Amsterdam
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed here during a conference in May. The location was good as for us it was a mere 5 minutes' walk to the convention center nearby.

I can be quick about the review: it's OK. The rooms were of decent family size, and was comfortable enough, including a little kitchenette which I found a plus. The free wifi worked OK for simple things, so for the hotels' main target group - families with kids visiting Disneyland - it'd be fine. For work, it's less suitable.

I further enjoyed the pretty good service from staff when needed, and an OK breakfast restaurant was nearby.

In terms of location vs Disney, it was a half hour walk for me. Make it 45 minutes for families. Although I'd presume you'd take your car, a cab or shuttle to the park anyway.

The minus - my aircon was leaking, and (also heard from fellow travellers in other rooms) was loud. Some rooms directly above the hotel breakfast room smelled of bacon in the morning. Especially if you're vegetarian, make sure to avoid those rooms.
And, there was only 1 lift. I had to drag my luggage to almost the other side of the property, and then still climb a few steps up and down to eventually get to my room. When checking out I therefore opted to test my strength and just drag my cases down the flights of stairs that were closer to my room.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. But for the rate and if with family I wouldn't rule it out either. It is what I said, OK.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HelenAmsterdam
Let me start by thanking you for your review. We appreciate your business. We are about a 5-10 minute walk to the Anaheim Convention Center. Yes, all of our rooms come with a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, iron and board. We do have 3 elevators in the property. If at any time you need help with luggage please call the desk. We will send someone to help right away.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our stay was short but comfortable. Room was clean, we were inside the complex so it was quiet. The pool looked nice but we didn't have time to use it. It was a quick ten minute stroll to Disneyland. Breakfast was plentiful, eggs (albeit liquid eggs, which are not our preference), sausage, pancakes, fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt. Good value for the price we paid.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Jillita62
Thank you for your review. Yes, we are about a 10-15 walk to the Disneyland parks. I will make sure and tell the front desk to keep up the great work. There is a general store that is about a 5 minute walk and you can find everything there.