“~ Loved our stay ~”

Ranked #23 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Trochu, Canada
“~ Loved our stay ~”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We recently stayed here for our 2 week vacation. As a family of 4 we found the rooms to be quite spacious and very clean. The hotel staff were all very helpful and friendly, this always makes a stay anywhere way more pleasant. We were very impressed with the breakfast that was provided every morning, there was something for everyone. Our kids loved having the swimming pools, they spent many hours of our trip splashing around. We were very pleased with how close we were to Disney, we loved that we could see the park from our room. Overall we felt very comfortable at this hotel, we will stay here again the next time we are in the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know who is travelling that way.

1 Thank Rieper99
StovallsManager, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stovall's Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review we appreciate your business. I’m glad that you guys had a great time while staying with us. I will make sure that I tell the front desk to keep up the great work! I bet that it was nice and relaxing at the pool area. That’s wonderful to hear that you were able to enjoy it. Thank you for recommending our property! We hope to see you guys again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Porirua, Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel was just what we needed while visiting Disneyland. We stayed here 3 nights. Friendly helpful staff, awesome breakfast (buffet (hot and cold) and lots of it), nice swimming pool and spa to relax aching feet and muscles after long days walking around disneyland! Close to nearby restaurants if not eating in Disneyland. Wifi wasn't really reliable and room was dark - but for what we wanted it was fine and good value for money.

2 Thank Steve R
StovallsManager, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stovall's Inn, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful time while staying with us. It’s great that you were able to enjoy the pools and spa to relax after a long day at the parks. We hope to see you guys again soon!
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for a couple nights!
I liked it! I was impressed with it!
Close to Disney & convenient location for many things as shopping and food!
It's clean too!
The breakfast is a nice touch too, to start off your morning!
Thanks for a nice stay & nice people!

Room Tip: Book ahead! LOL
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank hbsurfer1
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you had a great time at the Stovall’s Inn. We hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

So close to Disneyland (15 minute walk). Continental breakfast was great. Rooms were clean and quiet. The front desk staff were very helpful. My only complaint was the wi-fi connection in the rooms was really hit and miss.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank DeniseMartin17
Thank you for your review. I’m glad that you had a great time while staying with us. I know that for a couple of days we had issues with our internet due to a Time Warner issue. While they were fixing something they cut a main fiber line that fed Internet to several companies in the area. We do hope to see you guys again soon.
alberta, canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed a week during Easter break at best western stovalls. We were very impressed with this hotel. For the price and the distance to Disneyland I would recommend it. My husband and children(4 and 13) enjoyed the hot FREE breakfast!! I was a little bummed that the fitness centre was under construction but happy they gave me FREE passes to a 24/7 fitness gym just 5 short minutes from hotel. THANKS, awesome facility!! The rooms are spacious with a fridge, microwave so that you can pack snacks and cool bevvies to the park!! Parking was sometimes hard to get in front of your room but no biggie....It was a busy time. FREE wireless internet was sketchy but who is there to surf the internet??? not me. There is a business center in the lobby which you could use. The shortcut to the park is we would walk up to the Grand Californian, cut through that hotel and wind up in downtown Disney!!

2 Thank northernABlovesSUN
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business. During our breakfast room remodel we did remove the fitness room to make the room larger. The plans are to build the fitness room in the pool area. Yes, all of our rooms have microwaves, fridges, coffee makers, iron and boards. We hope to see you again!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Let me start by saying that I am way overdue in writing this review. We traveled to Disneyland for a week prior to Thanksgiving and stayed here for 3 nights of our visit. B/c we are a family of 5, we booked 2 adjoining rooms. They were located on the first floor several doors down from the laundry area. When we arrived, the rooms looked nice (as they do on the internet), but were much smaller than expected. We had to rearrange the chairs in the rooms so we could even open the door b/w the adjoining rooms, and even then, we were were still tripping over furniture to get b/w rooms. Not the nest set-up with 3 kids 7 and under. I have been in numerous other hotels where one room was a better set-up than this! Further, the noise from the garbage truck very early in the AM, as well as the rolling maid carts did not provide any of us with a very restful sleep. To make matters worse, when we first checked in our rooms, I found a spider on one of the duvets when I lifted up the brown cover at the foot of the bed. While not happy with this, I figured it was a fluke (in all my travels, I've never seen a spider on the bed), killed the spider and went about my business. The next evening, however, when I got in the same bed after putting our kids to sleep in the other room, I pulled the duvet back and low and behold, another spider, but IN the bed. I had my husband check the other beds and rest of the room(s) and we did not see any more spiders. But, with all the furnishings and carpet being brown, it would be hard to tell. We called the front desk to see what could be done - they kindly offered to move us, but since we had 3 kids already asleep, 10 pieces of luggage, and it was almost midnight, we put the duvet out the door and took up their offer to have the room inspected the next day for bugs. Thankfully, their staff did not find any bugs, and we did not see any after the fact, but we were all happy to leave there. In fact, to this day our family refers to this place as "Shelob's Lair." To add insult to injury, when we checked out, the front desk offered to give us a free day of parking for the incident ($8). This really seemed inadequate given there were not one, but two spiders, not just in the room, but on and IN the bed. So basically, this is not a place for families - rooms too small, noisy and spiders in rooms. If you do have bugs, they will offer to move you , but if you have kids and a lot of luggage this will be a pain. Simply put, for families, I would suggest someplace else (we stayed the previous year in a family Suite at the Anaheim Camelot Inn and Suites and LOVED it).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you telling us on your stay. I understand that you didn’t want to move that night that you found the spider. We are always ready to assist if you had chosen to move. I do show that we had housekeeping go into the room and make sure that they rewashed the brown blankets and white duvets. They changed the beds and they said they didn’t find anything else. We hope that when visiting the Anaheim area you come to the Best Western Stovall’s Inn for your lodging needs.
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed here for four nights for a quick Disney trip. The room was very clean, the front desk very helpful. It is a quick walk to Disneyland, and there is also a little market store about 1/2 block away. We would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business. We are happy that you had a great time. We hope to see you soon!