“Nicely renovated and a 10 minute walk to Downtown Disney”

Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn
Ranked #26 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
alberta, canada
“Nicely renovated and a 10 minute walk to Downtown Disney”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed a week during Easter break at best western stovalls. We were very impressed with this hotel. For the price and the distance to Disneyland I would recommend it. My husband and children(4 and 13) enjoyed the hot FREE breakfast!! I was a little bummed that the fitness centre was under construction but happy they gave me FREE passes to a 24/7 fitness gym just 5 short minutes from hotel. THANKS, awesome facility!! The rooms are spacious with a fridge, microwave so that you can pack snacks and cool bevvies to the park!! Parking was sometimes hard to get in front of your room but no biggie....It was a busy time. FREE wireless internet was sketchy but who is there to surf the internet??? not me. There is a business center in the lobby which you could use. The shortcut to the park is we would walk up to the Grand Californian, cut through that hotel and wind up in downtown Disney!!

2 Thank northernABlovesSUN
StovallsManager, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business. During our breakfast room remodel we did remove the fitness room to make the room larger. The plans are to build the fitness room in the pool area. Yes, all of our rooms have microwaves, fridges, coffee makers, iron and boards. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Let me start by saying that I am way overdue in writing this review. We traveled to Disneyland for a week prior to Thanksgiving and stayed here for 3 nights of our visit. B/c we are a family of 5, we booked 2 adjoining rooms. They were located on the first floor several doors down from the laundry area. When we arrived, the rooms looked nice (as they do on the internet), but were much smaller than expected. We had to rearrange the chairs in the rooms so we could even open the door b/w the adjoining rooms, and even then, we were were still tripping over furniture to get b/w rooms. Not the nest set-up with 3 kids 7 and under. I have been in numerous other hotels where one room was a better set-up than this! Further, the noise from the garbage truck very early in the AM, as well as the rolling maid carts did not provide any of us with a very restful sleep. To make matters worse, when we first checked in our rooms, I found a spider on one of the duvets when I lifted up the brown cover at the foot of the bed. While not happy with this, I figured it was a fluke (in all my travels, I've never seen a spider on the bed), killed the spider and went about my business. The next evening, however, when I got in the same bed after putting our kids to sleep in the other room, I pulled the duvet back and low and behold, another spider, but IN the bed. I had my husband check the other beds and rest of the room(s) and we did not see any more spiders. But, with all the furnishings and carpet being brown, it would be hard to tell. We called the front desk to see what could be done - they kindly offered to move us, but since we had 3 kids already asleep, 10 pieces of luggage, and it was almost midnight, we put the duvet out the door and took up their offer to have the room inspected the next day for bugs. Thankfully, their staff did not find any bugs, and we did not see any after the fact, but we were all happy to leave there. In fact, to this day our family refers to this place as "Shelob's Lair." To add insult to injury, when we checked out, the front desk offered to give us a free day of parking for the incident ($8). This really seemed inadequate given there were not one, but two spiders, not just in the room, but on and IN the bed. So basically, this is not a place for families - rooms too small, noisy and spiders in rooms. If you do have bugs, they will offer to move you , but if you have kids and a lot of luggage this will be a pain. Simply put, for families, I would suggest someplace else (we stayed the previous year in a family Suite at the Anaheim Camelot Inn and Suites and LOVED it).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you telling us on your stay. I understand that you didn’t want to move that night that you found the spider. We are always ready to assist if you had chosen to move. I do show that we had housekeeping go into the room and make sure that they rewashed the brown blankets and white duvets. They changed the beds and they said they didn’t find anything else. We hope that when visiting the Anaheim area you come to the Best Western Stovall’s Inn for your lodging needs.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed here for four nights for a quick Disney trip. The room was very clean, the front desk very helpful. It is a quick walk to Disneyland, and there is also a little market store about 1/2 block away. We would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business. We are happy that you had a great time. We hope to see you soon!
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed in 613 and found it to be up to the standards I would expect for the price of this hotel. Why pay more to stay at a Disney Hotel when this hotel is less than a five minute extra walk to the gate. The bed were comfortable and the room was quite. I could have had a bit better house keeping but was generally good. The free breakfast was convenient but basic. All I need was a bagel and coffee and I was good anyways. Staff was nice. When we come back to Disney I would definitely be willing to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
StovallsManager, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business. I’m glad to hear that you had a great time here at the Best Western Stovall’s Inn. A lot of our guests compliment us on our beds. They say that it was the best sleep that they have ever had. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed the extended continental breakfast. We hope to see you soon!
Kansas City
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed for three days with two teens. It is just across from the back side of California Adventure and you can see the Ferris Wheel as you exit the parking lot. Has a "motel" appearance but our room was better than expected and looked recently updated. We were on the first floor, which creates some privacy issues when the door was open, but otherwise we enjoyed the room. It is only a 12 minute walk to the park entrance which isn't that easy to find, but it felt much longer. So we bought shuttle tickets to go back and forth. The shuttle (run by the city) to the park is $3 each way but you can buy a pass good for the entire day for $5 and it's very fast. There is a microwave, mini fridge and a lot of tea selections in the room. Granite counters and a good sized bathroom. The girls enjoyed the large pool and jacuzzi area. The internet was free but a bit spotty. We appreciated the hot breakfast (eggs, bacon and pancakes one day, eggs, sausage and waffles the next. There is also juice, coffee, yogurt, donuts, toast, cereal, etc. available

As someone said - it can be a little noisy when there people outside, but on the other hand, where else can you hear a group of teens singing perfect acapella in the parking lot?

My only negative is that the hotel couldn't provide me with a receipt upon check-out and suggest I call them to have one emailed. I found that to be poor service. They could have simply used the information on file to mail one, or ask for my email for future. But they put the onus on me to do it. Otherwise the staff was jovial and very helpful throughout my stay.

One note. Parking is $10 per day and you need a pass to get in AND out of the lot. If you arrive late on a busy day, parking is very tight.

One tip - the hotel is right next door to a restaurant, which has room delivery service, and within a mile or so of larger chains (Bubba Gump Shrimp, etc.) as well as a large mall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business. I’m glad that you had a great time here with us. We hope to see you soon!
Normandy Park, Washington
Reviewed April 25, 2013

For the price and convenience Best Western can't be beat. It is a 12-15 minute walk to Downtown Disney. The entire facility is clean and appears to be updated. The showers are great and the beds are comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful and there is a free breakfast included. We would definitely stay here again.

Thank Carol.Jean.
StovallsManager, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business. We are a short 10-15 minute walk to the parks through Downtown Disney. I’m very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We hope to see you soon!