“Don't waste your money!”

Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites
Ranked #44 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Colorado
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed July 23, 2006

I booked this hotel through the Disney travel company for my family of 6 (4 kids ages 4,7, 12 & 14) & me & my husband. On the website, it showed a kids suite very clean, bright & quite roomy. When we arrived we were very disappointed to find a very tiny room, hardly big enough for six people, my two sons are adult sized so it really made this room seem cramped. The carpet was horrible. Big stains, not to mention ugly & there were places where it was bubbled up & I tripped on it quite frequently. There is only one airconditioner & it is in the parents portion of the room. The kids room was very hot. There was a window in the kids room but the screen was off & I did not want to open it for fear that my 4 year old might crawl out of it (we were on the third floor, so quite a drop if she fell) The bunk beds were ok, but my 14 year old who is almost 6 foot tall barely fit on it, his feet hung off. The sofa sleeper was horrible!! I pulled it out for my two young daughters to share & the mattress was very thin & the coils were poking up through it. I had to use the cusion from the window seat & the cusions from the couch & put on top of the matress so the girls could sleep comfortably. On our first night there I requested a fan for the kids room to help cool it off, we were never brought one. We repeated the request two to three more times & they never fullfilled our request. The parking is a joke. If you arrived late you had to double park & give your keys to the manager so they could move your car if the person you parked behind needed out. The swimming pool & sauna water was a little on the green side, there were never enough towels. Our cleaning lady left one washcloth for us for the whole week & never replaced it even though we had used it. THe breakfast was pitiful. They placed frozen waffles in a covered bowl, so they were nice & soggy when you went to toast them. They offered bread for toast & some sweet rolls, juice & milk, some fruit. Once in awhile they had hard boiled eggs out but they tasted funny, so I didn't eat much of those. The positive side of this hotel, we were so tired at the end of the day from the theme parks we didn't care how uncomfortable the bed was. I am shocked that Disney reccomends this hotel as part of their good nieghbour hotels, it certainly was not up to Disney standards. I did contact the Disney travel co. only to be told they could upgrade me for another five to six hundred dollars. I booked this hotel because it advertised the kids suite & I thought it would be big enough for my large family. Next time I will spend the extra $ & book a nicer hotel. Do not stay here, you will be disappointed. We paid $149 per night for this hotel, outrageous price for such a dumpy place. We went to Disney 6 years ago & booked a hotel through pricelline. We got to stay at the sheradan, very nice hotel for only $66 per night. Should have done that again.

• Liked — the whole hotel was horrible did not like anything
  • Disliked — the size of room
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go there!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
10 Thank momma24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
SANTA BARBARA, CA
Reviewed July 9, 2006

Disneyland just a few blocks away and the shuttle picks you right in front for $3 a person a day and drops you off right in front of Disneylands maingate.This hotel rooms are very clean, the bathroom a little on the small side but all in all the room is great for the value. The continental breakfast was just that....fruit, juice, coffee, pastries, boiled eggs, toast, hot and cold cereals....for those who need more there is a Denny's restaurant (walking distance). Parking lot is small but they do have vallet parking which works out great.....Great hotel and would stay again!!!

3 Thank Diana O
Reviewed June 24, 2006

We just returned from a 8 night stay at this hotel in a kid suite and loved every minuite! The kid suite was perfect for us in fact I loved the seperate kid suite! it was so cute! When you entered your hotel room you enter into (ours was a 2 Q) room with a table, desk, tv amour, fridge & mirco, two vanity seperate shower bathroom closet area. When you enter through the door is the kids suite which has a large double or queen sleeper couch, bunk beds which have three drawers under them as well as a tv dresser with three more drawers. They also then have there own two vanity sink area with a closet as well as a seperate bath, shower tolet area! It was so perfect! You also had a extra storage area under the skirted sinks to store your luggage if you unpacked. The carpets where clean and the maid service was very pleasant! Everyday we entered our room it was as if we entered it for the first time! The air conditioner was great and there is a fan which you turn on or off for the kids suite. The pool and spa is small but it was fine. I would recommend a room on the second or third floor and facing disney as you can see the fireworks at night from those rooms! The cont. breakfast is just that! nothing fancy! Just one ceral, milk, apple, orange juice and coffee or tea. A danish and some dried waffles. We went to the grocery store and bought our own cereral and oatmeal and just went down for milk bowls, spoons etc. and ate in our room which was fine. It took a good day for the fridge to cool and the freezer to start to work so make sure you turn that on as soon as you get into your room. We froze bottles of water for the park or either gater aid or water each night which worked out great. The front dest staff and the manager are terrific! Mary is excellent and very nice! I have never stayed at a place with such pleasant staff! We did see some roach tiny but this is California and they did not bother me and they are every place. We did try the California shuttle one day to disney which is fine to get to disney but the return was awful! The drop for this hotel is the last stop! so we decided to drive the rest of our stay. Parking at Disney is only $10. a day and you can come and go as often as you want. It was very easy and not any problem at all. The shuttle was much more of a hassle and much longer of a wait. Loved California adventure! lines where not too bad but Disney was crazy! one day fast passes where even gone by 9:30am! Was told it was due to California schools having field trips. We did get at least two days of Disney in that where fun without many lines and waits. Oh...there is also a Denny's Resturant on the corner just down from this hotel that is very easy to walk too. Not bad food! Will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2006
8 Thank momtoo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 8, 2006

Our family of 4 stayed 3 nights in this hotel. We booked a kids suite and it was nothing special. It isn't any bigger than a standard hotel room, they just added some inner walls and a door and called it a suite. The air conditioner was in the adult portion, so we froze all night so the kids could have some cool air. The carpet was filthy! I am not squeamish, but I had to wear sox to walk around the motel room, and they were black by bed time! There was also a moldy smell in the room, the bed was tiny and the mattress was dilapidated. I could go on and on about this terrible motel. Take my advice and avoid this place at all costs.
To top everything off, my wife left her notebook in the room and we arranged to have the motel Fed Ex it to our house. They promised to do this on Monday and on a follow up call guaranteed that it was done. After talking with Fed Ex however, we found it was mailed on Thursday - They outright lied to us!
There are much better lodging options in Anaheim. For your own good, avail yourself of them!

• Stayed June 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 17, 2006

We went to this hotel with only moderate expectations, because of the low price we got on the net, so we could not have been more delighted to find the hotel well appointed, very clean and with an excellent staff.
It is also just a brisk fifteen minute walk from Disneyland and the complementary morning breakfast served from 6.30 was functional enough to start the day on (toast, waffles, apples, oranges, danish pasties, fruit juice, coffee, etc.). The parking at the car park was scarce, but we always found a space and overall our 8 day stay was very pleasing. My only reservation would be, that in the family suite where we stayed, there is only one air con unit in the main room, so in the heat of summer, this may cause a problem in the kids section of the suite. There is an interconecting fan between rooms, but it was VERY loud.

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 15, 2006

We stayed April 12 -16. We're a family of five, 2 adults and children ages 14, 10, and 10. Here's our complaints:

The room was clean, however the carpet was very soiled (I notice the next morning my slipper socks were BLACK)

Hotel in need of some repairs, remodeling, ect. By the way, they decided to start on some of those repairs, remodeling during our stay. New bedding, this leads to my next issue. The new bedding took up several parking spaces. PARKING is a real big issue if you choose to stay, you'll need to walk. Not a problem Disney isn't too far away. However we went to Universal Studios and San Diego. Our rental was blocked by other guest. This lead to delays in our departure to other attractions.

The inn advertised a upgraded breakfast. Boil eggs were available only one day of our trip. Adequate but don't what we were told.

Some other reviews mention a BAD ORDOR. It's a molding smell. So bring airfreshner.

During our stay, the longest amount of time spent in the room was 8 hrs. No good tv channels!

• Stayed April 2006
5 Thank smithfamilyMilwaukee
Colorado Springs
Reviewed March 25, 2006

Just returned from our Spring Break vacation--this was our third trip to Disneyland, the second with the children, and our first to the Raffles. Traveled with my husband, 13 year-old son, and 10 year-old daughter. Had a standard room and it was plenty big enough--loved the double vanity sinks. Breakfast was adequate, didn't really need eggs and bacon before going on Tower of Terror, but Denny's is right next door if you need more. Was within walking distance, but took the shuttle most days--esp in the afternoons--never waited more than 10 minutes for one, even at the park. Maids were to our room by the time we returned in the afternoon--one morning had to go back to get sweat shirts and the room was already done by 9:30. Asked for extra pillows and face cloths and they were delivered promptly. Our arrival was delayed due to snow in Denver, but room was pre-paid through Disney Travel Company so no problem there. Hot tub felt good after a morning in the park--extra towels were poolside. My husband complained about the lack of t.v. stations too, but we weren't there to watch television--can do that at home. If you need a place to rest after a long day of riding and walking than the Raffles is more than adequate, but if you're wanting a 4 or 5 star resort than look at the Disney hotels because most of the ones around the resort are all the same.

• Stayed March 2006