“Very accomodating”

Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites
Ranked #44 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2004

Stayed at the Raffles Oct 11 - Oct 18th 2004. We stayed in the "kids suite" for $89 US/night for the first 4 nights, and $106 US/night for the last 3 nights. With the Canadian dollar getting stronger, the price was quite attractive. Now, you have to keep in mind, this isn't a 4 star Hilton... it's a 2 star Best Western, and the overall value is good for the money you pay - you're really only there to sleep anyway. The front room has a queen bed, fridge, microwave, dresser, TV, desk and chair, and the "kids" room has bunkbeds, sofabed(lousy mattress on that one!), table, dreser and TV. In between the two rooms is the vanity and bathroom. Overall, it was comfortable, clean and very convenient. The website claims it's a block and a half from Disneyland... nope. Try 7 or 8 blocks... but it is walkable in about 25 minutes or so. However, the passes we bought for Disneyland from our local AMA included free parking right at Disneyland, and since we had a rental car, we took full advantage of that! The free continental breakfast was pretty weak, but "free" made it somewhat acceptable. :-) There's a Von's grocery store (Part of the Safeway chain) about a 5 minute drive from the raffles, so we stocked up on some good fruit and snacks to keep in the room, along with fresh milk and juice. After spending 12 hour days with our 10 and 12 year old boys at Disneyland/California Adventure/Universal Studios, it was REALLY nice to have that "kids" suite!!!! It gave us parents a little peace and quiet, and the kids liked having their own tv to watch before bedtime. The kids had fun at the pool and hottub too. **NOTE** I've noticed several people have made complaints about the venting fan between the two rooms being noisy - we actually kinda preferred it that way: it was a little loud, but it was more of a "white noise" kind of sound, just air blowing. It muffled all outside sounds, and also eliminated the sounds of the two tv's from each room. Running it all night was rather soothing and we slept quite well as a result. I have A LOT of great advice for car rental info, maps, great strategies for getting the most out of your time at the parks, best pricing and places to eat while in Anaheim too, if anyone is interested and would like more info - feel free to email me!

19 Thank Nunuc2000
Reviewed October 3, 2004

I have stayed at this property four times.
The rooms are large and completely refurbished. early checkins were requested each time after the long haul flight from Sydney and granted without fuss.
The management are friendly and accomodating.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 10, 2004

What a horrible experience at this hotel. I had made reservations with Best Western's web site almost one year in advance for our 2 week family vacation to California. I reserved the kids suite for $89.00. I also called one month prior to arrival and confirmed the reservation--I was told everything was in order. When we arrived on the evening of August 2 we were told that our reservation was for a cheaper room--not the kids suite. The desk clerk called the customer service line where I was told that someone I had never heard of changed my reservation in December!! After almost an hour of discussing this with several people on the phone, it was finally admitted that the person was an employee of the Raffles Inn!! She had changed my reservation to avoid my getting that suite at the rate I reserved it--I was not only never told of the change but was lied to in July when I called and was told that the reservation ok. We were first told that there was nothing that could be done that we would have to take the room at the higher rate (139.00!!!) or take the cheaper room for 89.00. Finally after 1 hour 40 minutes of this nightmare, the desk clerk called the manager at home and he agreed to give us the room at the rate we had reserved it in the first place. Our entire night was ruined, our dinner plans had to be cancelled due to the late hour--we ended up ordering pizza for our famished children. This hotel took an evening of our trip from us, engages in deceiptful practices and seemed to have no desire to right the situation. Today I phoned a complaint in to the best western customer service department who is investigating it for me.
To top it off, the maid left the door to our room standing wide open for an entire day while we were gone to the Disney Parks.
A minor note--in all of our many vacations, the worst breakfast ever!! The muffins were absolutely rotten--I mean mold and all!! The cereal was stale, the juice watered down to an unrecognizable state and the fruit brusied and unappealing--We ate at McDonalds after the first day--they should be ashamed to put that garbage out and call it breakfast!
Do yourselves a favor and choose a different location for your Disney trip.

• Stayed August 2004
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Farmington Hills
Reviewed August 2, 2004

After making reservations and even getting a written confirmation of a handicap room I got there and they knew nothing about it. They did have a <quote> handicap room still available so they graciously(ha ha) gave it to me. First the idiots put handicap rooms on the second floor instead of using one of the many ground level rooms that you could park right in front of, second - the toilet had hand bars but absolutely NOTHING in the TUB- no grab bars and it was a slippery tub shower instead of a wheelin shower. no pull down seat and not even a bath mat, no way at all to take a shower, third - the sink instead of lowering it for wheelchair access was higher than any sink or vanity I've ever seen in a normal room making even brushing your teeth an adventure. Stay away from this property - I moved to the CANDY CANE motel 2 blocks up the street and they were wonderful.

2 Thank carouseltravel
Reviewed July 13, 2004

We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend for a convention. This hotel is across the street from the convention center.

I booked the Family suite, 2 queen beds in the front room and bunkbeds and a sofabed in the 2nd room, with 2 bathrooms & a 27 inch tv in each room. The room was equipped with a coffeemaker, refrigerator, microwave, hairdryer, iron & ironing board. The air conditioner in the front room was very quiet and worked well.

I did not like the fan in the wall between the front room and the kids room it was suppose to circulate the air from the front room to the kids room it was very noisy. Also the room was too small for the sofa, if the sofa was bumped away from the wall 1 inch you could not close the door. The available channels on the tv were a disappointment as well. The listing was all wrong. It would have been great if it actually had the channels that the listing showed.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 10, 2004

Traveling with 3 adults and 3 children, we needed a hotel that would be big enough and that wouldn't cost alot. We found that here....nice hotel with very spacious rooms. We stayed in a Kids Suite and the kids loved it. With only a five minute walk to Disneyland, you can leave your car at the hotel and walk to the park. We had a great time and can't wait to go back.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member