“Inexpensive & Located Very Close to Mickey Mouse”

Travelodge Anaheim Convention Center
Ranked #104 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Florida
“Inexpensive & Located Very Close to Mickey Mouse”
Reviewed October 24, 2008

Location and price are the key words to focus on when staying at this hotel. Only a few blocks from the Main Gate and near a few restaurants and right on a bus line. Overall this hotel is not bad, especially for the very low cost per night. The furniture in the room was a bit worn, but the mattress was pleasantly comfortable. The bathroom shower head was placed extremely low and the bathroom was not well lit. There is a cont. breakfast with cereal, donuts (sugar ones are really good) juice, and toast all located in a nice pool house where one can sit outside near the small jelly bean size pool. I would recommend this hotel to one who is more focused on spending their vacation dollars on the local attractions as this is a fine place to crash after a long tiring day. If one is looking for an upgraded room and nice amenities this is probably not your style.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Worn out sitting chair
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 20, 2008

I was not impressed at all with this hotel. It's in a great area, close to shops, restaurants, and Disneyland - but that's about all it has going for it.

The room is pretty standard (2 queen bedroom)...except that I felt like I was in my dorm room days again. The room was complete with microfridge, television that was losing its color, plain white walls (one wall being a painted white concrete wall), a small table, and tacky furniture and lamps.

There is free parking and you can keep your car there during the day while you go out. There is also free continental breakfast, but I chose not to even try it. From what I saw, there was a cheap assortment of 2 different kinds of cereal, juice, english muffins, toast, and unappetizing donuts.

The hotel was okay for a one night's stay and for a cheap rate, but I wouldn't stay here again. Oh, and one of the staff members at the front desk was not the politest guy around.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — customer service, the room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed August 12, 2008

With all the bad reviews recently, I was afraid! But at the price we paid in peak season, we got better than I tought, breakfast included. In short, for the price, we got for our money. The beds were comfortable (better than average), but not all beds were alike (we had 2 Queen beds, one was very good, the other was average). The place was clean except that the carpet is few years old and it shows. Doesn't smell, but it needs to be changed! The room was nicely cleaned by the maid every day, the bathroom floor was done everyday (I could see the difference). We asked for top floor room, they are usually nicer (less people go there), and we had a nice view on the street with the action! (there is 1 elevator for the building) Breakfast is Continental which means cereals, toast, muffin, bananas and juice or milk. The place to eat is very small (3 tables of 6 to 8 people), but the kitchen is next to the pool, so you could eat outside around the pool (some tables), or bring your breakfast to your room. As for parking, yes there are people double parked, but by 9AM these cars were gone. The place is very well located (20 minutes walk to Disneyland or 5 minutes bus ride which is 3$ for the day, tickets at the office). The guy at the desk was rude, but the 2 girls were very very nice! There was a microwave and refrigerator in our room. Also a safe, but nobody there knows how it works!!! So not very useful. See the pictures of the pool (which was clean and nice warm!), our room and place for breakfast. Any question from our stay, write to me.

• Liked — Location. Beds. (queen size and comfortable) Clean pool. Price.
  • Disliked — Old rug. Parking places sometimes.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
BillyFan
Reviewed July 30, 2008

We booked a great rate thru Priceline, so I wasn't expecting the best, but this place was far from it! The hotel staff was rude, and they put us in a smoking room. When I asked to switch rooms, they said no and blamed it on Priceline. The room was clean enough, but just stinky. The bathroom was very large, but the shower was a little scary in a Psycho kind of way. No soap dish, some moldy tiles, etc. There were also dirty rags outside our room for over a day.
The other issue was the parking. There is not nearly enough. People were double parked all over the place, blocking other cars in.
So while I knew I wasn't staying at the Disneyland Hotel, I did expect a little better. We've stayed at much nicer places for the same rate that are much closer to Disneyland. I would think that the hotels farther away from the park would try to be a little nicer, in order to compete.

• Liked — bed was comfortable
  • Disliked — dtinky room, rude staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BillyFan
Calgary
Reviewed July 25, 2008

I've never written a review previously but given our recent stay at the Anaheim International, I felt it was important to share our experience with future potential customers.

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

To begin, our service was horrible. One employee at the check in counter with over eight people lined up. This is also the line you need to stand in to get towels for the pool -- they don't have a towel rack at the pool so you need to wait about 30 minutes to grab towels while this one employee checks you in!

The hotel guarantees FREE parking. Don't count on it unless you make you return from Disneyland early. They do not have enough parking spots. They will have vehicles park behind your vehicle should you be lucky enough (or cut your fun short!) which leaves you blocked in until you phone the front desk and ask them to move the vehicle blocking yours. What happens if there was an emergency overnight that required you to go to the hospital?

The rooms smell of mildew, particularly the bathroom. I was offered a choice to move but the other available options were the same.

Finally, and most importantly, we found out that our room had been left unlocked for one full day. When I spoke to the front desk, she advised that the manager is not available and was unable to reach him for any reasons/concerns. If there was a fire, well, sure he can be reached. The woman was very rude, very condescending and overall, rude and not understanding. Our passports, camera, as well as all of our other items could have been stolen. This was not acceptable.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel. There are several others around Disneyland that are closer to the park -- Anaheim International states it is within walking distance. Depends on what you determine to be walking distance.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank RLLCalgary
Patterson
Reviewed June 27, 2008

The stay was fine at first until we came back from Disneyland and We had someone elses Phices in our toliet. We flushed it and it over flowed. We called up front and they said they couldn't do anything because everyone had gone home. He ended up moving us to another room at 1:30a.m. with a three year old disabled son and didn't even ask to see if we needed help. I asked for the manager name and phone number and they told me they couldn't give it to me. The rooms are very old and dirty. Carpets that turn your feet black. Ice machines that don't work. And Parking. They have more rooms than parking spaces. They park people in the disabled parking who are not even disabled. The way the park cars in there are a fire hazard. Good luck to anyone who stays in this hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — It was a horrible stay
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank PeachesPatterson
Vegas
Reviewed May 5, 2008

There were a few problems. The most glaring was that we didn't get the 3-bed suite that we reserved online on the hotel's website (the 2 Double 1 Queen Beds Suite), and their excuse was that the 3-bed suite was outdated and was supposed to be pulled from their website. Instead we got a 2-bed suite, but to make up for it the staff offered us rollaway beds. Second, the internet was down during our entire stay, and they had no idea when it would be back up. If you wanted to use the internet, you had to go to the front desk and attach an Ethernet cable to your laptop, or hope your laptop picks up a wifi signal from another place. Third, the quality of the TV channels were horrible. Overall, the rooms and staff were nice, but these issues need to be fixed.

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Disliked — No internet
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family