“Excellent value, great stay with a family of five! READ this!”

Travelodge Anaheim Convention Center
Ranked #104 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Orangevale, California
“Excellent value, great stay with a family of five! READ this!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I will start off by saying that we ended up with such a great deal! I have stayed at this location several times befire and never have had a problem! I am VERY PLEASED with the trip. For Disneyland visitors who wants to sleep/shower, this is your place, however, it was better than that, really - we had a great time.

Positives:
-Check in was seemless. Counter staff was polite and friendly. As I checked in, I asked for 2 extra pillows, she radioed in to a maintenance staff and they were already in our room before we unloaded the car.
-Parking was fine. There was not one night that it was full.
-Room was spacious. We are a family of 5; two beds in room and I brough a cot for the extra person. Plenty of space to walk around (room includes mini fridge (tall type), microwave, newer tv with cable, long dresser, alarm clock, and a table w/2 chairs.
-Room was clean. No complaints. Shower was hot; even when 4 showers were taken in a row.
-Towels were clean and FULL SIZE
-breakfast (cont) was stocked and they had an employee making the waffles who kept the order of the waffle line and was polite. (cereal, toast, waffles and assorted donuts, danish, etc). Assorted juices.
-bed sheets were clean and comfy.
-no parking fee's
-you can walk to Toy Story lot (leave your car at hotel) and take bus to DL. They also have shuttle service to parks (for extra fee), or just walk.
-Dennys is a short walk (2-3 minutes, right next door).

Negatives:
-Fan in bathroom was loud. I was fine with it; however, I could see that this would be bothersome to most.

I booked through Priceline as this hotel was offering a special (it was not name your own price). We ended up paying a little over $150 for three nights (Nov. 22-Nov. 25). Overall, we had an excellent trip.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 229
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jamie c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Front desk staff neither friendly or unfriendly. Great to have a Denny's next door for a proper breakfast every morning because the continental breakfast is not so good looking. They offer toast, raisin bran or tony tigers, or some questionable looking waffles. I tried to sit down at a back table the one day (out of five) I went for a bowl of cereal and the lady staff member told me that I couldn't sit there because it was HER table. I thought this was embarrassing and improper because if she is up and about working, I don't know why she needs a specific table reserved for herself only. Beds are worn coil beds, but after a long day at Disneyland you will still crash out on them. Blankets are old and scratchy. We always travel with our own blankets/towels/pillows. If you stay on the bottom floor, it will sound like bigfoot is running amok upstairs. Had to call front desk once about it as the people upstairs were still stomping around at 1am. If you are used to great lighting at home in your bathroom for makeup application, be aware the vanity light is yellow and dim. I wish I had brought my stand alone mirror to apply my makeup by the window instead. Make sure to take the ART to Disneyland! It runs every 20 mins and picks up right outside the hotel. Very convenient!!!

Room Tip: If you are noise sensitive and quiet yourself, ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Pocatello, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in November while having fun at Disneyland. We don't spend anytime at the hotel and just need a bed, hot shower and sometimes a hot tub. This hotel had all that we needed. We used the fridge for fruit and yogurt to supplement the limited breakfast items. Cereal, toast, juice, milk, waffles, donuts. Our room was a very nice size and very adequate, clean sheets, towels, etc. It does need updating but when they update then the price goes up. Had a parking spot every night close to the room. Used the hot tub several times - nice and hot after being in the parks all day. Check in/out was very easy, computer to check in and print out airline boarding passes and maid service great. We tried something new this time. We had free parking for Disney parking lots with AAA passes. We drove every morning to the Toy Story parking lot in the same long city block and took the bus to Disneyland 6 min ride and then back each night. Just saved that extra walking to the parks everyday which you can do in about 15 - 20 mins. There is also a City bus stop in front of the hotel. Grocery store, gas station and access to I-5 very close by. Lots of restaurants at Anaheim City Walk within walking distance or driving distance. Drove over to Downtown Disney (free 3 hr parking) the first night.
Will stay here again if the price is right.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family