“Great Place to stay for Disneyland trip”

Travelodge Anaheim Convention Center
Ranked #104 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Kern county
“Great Place to stay for Disneyland trip”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is one hotel I will come back compared to the hotel we stayed in previously (Eden Roc Inn), the room was on the 3rd floor but it was a quiet night stay. The beds were comfy, bathrooms were clean, the rooms were much cleaner than the other hotel we stayed in. The downsides were that the ice maker was out of ice and they had ice makers on each floor but they had signs to either go to the 3rd floor or go to the main office to ask for ice. Also the parking was full and you would have to park next door to Denny's with a special parking pass but I was too afraid that my car would be either ticketed or towed, so the manager was nice enough for me too park in the no park zone for the night and with no problems. Breakfast was good enough for my family, my son loved his apple juice and cereal, and my older kids ate cereal and toast, donuts and coffee. Next year we are going to try the Disney Resort Hotels, but if I had to save some money and needed a descent place to stay, I will come back with my family.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the stairs and the 3rd floor was quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank laila M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed at in my entire life! Especially for a 2 star hotel! Our room was very clean, had beautiful furniture in it. Bed was excellent. The bedding looked expensive, definitly better than what I have on my own bed at home! Lamps were impressive! Have to mention the lamps! They had plug-ins in them for extra outlets! Flat Screen TV. Carpet seemed new and very plush and soft on my feet! Bathroom is huge! No bathtub but if you want to soak your aching legs after a long day, there is a hot tub! There are very few channels on the tv but who cares? You spend most of the day at Disney anyways! Its about a 15 minute walk to main gate if you feel adventureous but the ART picks up pretty much right out front so that pretty convienient! The property is beautiful and the pool and hot tub seem really clean!
I have stayed at higher starred hotels and been very disatisfied with everything about it ex: old lumpy beds that you wish you had never slept in at all, gross bedding, unclean carpets/linoleum. Half renovated rooms.
This hotel isn't like those! Its a clean safe comfortable place to lay your head at night! I have traveled alot and stayed in a few hotels in this area and none of them compare to this place!

Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lehigh Valley, PA
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I recently attended a conference at the Anaheim Convention Center and I needed a budget-friendly place to stay that was within walking distance. I booked this hotel for about $60 per night. The hotel looks like it has had some recent renovations. My room was in good condition. I thought the pool area, although small, was pretty nice. Safety was a big concern for me since I had never been to the area before, but I never felt unsafe at this hotel, nor did I feel unsafe walking to the convention center which is about a block and a half away.

The continental breakfast was sad, but the room rate was cheap - so it was no big deal in my eyes. I had a delightful bowl of raisin bran each morning and grabbed a better cup of coffee in the convention center each day. The staff was helpful and friendly. In fact, after checking out, I accidently left an article of clothing behind in my room and it was placed in a lost and found for me. The Anaheim Resort Transportation Shuttle makes a stop at this hotel, so if you need a lift to Disney it’s pretty convenient. The hotel also stored some of my luggage for me after I checked out (as I awaited my ride to the airport.)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank FRIENDinPA84
BLC
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed here during our vacation to Disneyland and the San Diego Zoo. When we arrived we were told that the only king they had left (we had reservations) was for the handicap room but that the only difference was the shower. The shower head holder didn't work. So you couldn't have a normal shower. The hotel also lists a Disney Shuttle among amenities. It does NOT have a shuttle it has a city bus stop in the front that costs $4 a day. You can't even buy the day passes from the hotel. You have to walk a block to another hotel to do that. We also went to the pool. The pool doesn't have a functioning security system. Any creeper could walk on in there. So keep an eye on that parents! Also this place isn't walking distance to the park either. At a brisk pace you're looking at about a half an hour walk to the main gate. The beds in these rooms are ROCK HARD!!! I also had my do not disturb sign on my door right when I got settled into the room (I don't like other people alone in a room with my stuff) well when I came back early one day to see the cleaning staff in my room. Apparently everybody's cleaning card on the bottom floor had just vanished. The customer service here was barely average. I've stayed in budget places like this in Anaheim before and I'm really disappointed with this place. Do yourself a favor and get something else.

Room Tip: In a similar price range we found the Ramada Main gate to be a better alternative.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Anaheim Convention Center, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
We apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please note that your issues will be looked into and the hotel will do its best to fix all issues. Once again we apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope you will give us another opportunity to assist you.
Garden City, Kansas
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We booked four rooms for six nights, but we were all split up on different floors. The fourth night we were there, there was a problem with a prostitute next door to my sisters room. Just as soon as that problem was taken care of, there was YET another prostitute problem in another room. After speaking to one of the staff she informed us that prostitution was a common problem at this location. The wi-fi was horrible, the pool was not very clean, and very small, and the breakfast was sad. Oh yeah and there was only four channels available on our stone aged television!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
El Mirage, Arizona
Reviewed June 8, 2012

After driving all night long with my 3 daughters and my wife we pulled into this place it looked nice from the outside, BUT!!! when we checked into our first room which was on the 3rd floor, it smelled funny. I went to use the toilet and was flushed, it started to over-flow very rapidly, which the floor filled up and started into the room at a pretty good rate of speed we were litterly rushing out of the room. Went to front desk they called maint. to try and fix the problem. They gave us a second room. We moved all the luggage, ice chests, e.t.c. all the way across to other side of the hotel on the 3rd floor, Finally my 6 years old daughter went to take a shower and the tub was backed up, the poor girl was knee deep in water which didn't drain at all,dirt was coming out of the tub from the previous guests. They gave us a third room which was back on the other side of the hotel, and this was on the 2nd floor, so we moved everything back and down again. Oh! I forgot to mention one of the my daughterS is handicaped and has a severe walking problem. At this point we were so tired and exhausted we just wanted to go sleep.So we didn't address the problem which was hair in the tub from the previous guests and freezer was full with water, I had to clean it up and go find some towels so we had somthing to dry ourselves off with. Breakfast there is also a joke, doughnuts from the day b-4, and bread which didn't need to be toasted. We searched for a different place to stay but unfortunatley everything was taken by this time. So we had to tough it out. The hotel is not 2blks away, it is a 20 min. walk to disneyland. This placed was never rennovated, how do I know this the furniture looked like it was bought from good will and it is WHAT I DO FOR A LIVING.i WANT MY $$$$$$ BACK AND WILL BE CALLING CORPERATE1-800-351-3140. THIS PLACE SUCKS!!!!!

Room Tip: Read as many reviews as you can.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank ilknur and kevi... b
Queensland
Reviewed April 9, 2012

good price for a average room clean comfortable bed in a safe main stret location we booked two rooms for our family to sleep in and that is all we required... a room to sleep in ...if you are staying around Anaheim you will not be spending your day in a motel room ...so save some dollars stay in a locatio n like this ....as you will need the money saved for Disneyland.. etc

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family