“How can you say anything bad about this place???”
Review of Hilton Anaheim

Hilton Anaheim
Ranked #47 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed August 3, 2009

My trip started with reservations through Expedia. Their website was not upgraded and I had a ton of misleading info going into this. One of the things they screwed up was our upgraded room. I spent numerous hours on the phone with Expedia trying to resolve my issue of the room upgrade. After several unfailed attempts, I send an e-mail to the Hilton telling them what Expedia had done. Within minutes, I received a call from a guy named Fred, and he immediately resolved this issue. We received a guaranteed room upgrade from him, something Expedia would not do. We reached the hotel, it is gorgeous. My room had 2 queen beds, and it was huge. Plenty of room for us & our 6 yr old grandson. It was clean, it was fancy, the bed was the most comfortable I have every been in. The balcony was huge!!!!!!! Great for sunning, watched Disney fireworks from it everynight. The pool area was great, the water wasn't too warm or too cold, salt water pool felt great in the heat. They have a poolside bar/grill with excellent food. A little spendy, but what do you expect. I absolutely love this place and would stay again in a second. We had an issue with getting the TV to work & someone was there in a second to fix it. It is really quiet so you don't hear anything, & I mean anything, from room to room, or from the hallways. I would say the only thing I didn't like was that upon arrival, nobody told us about the Disney bus so we walked forever our first day to get to Disney. The shuttle is the way to go, one price for all day. They also don't tell you that you can rent a fridge; I recommend that & then go find cheap waters/drinks because everything is expensive. When you get to your room, really read the brochures they have so you can be educated about everything. I loved the place, my stay was enjoyable and I recommend considering this place. Just don't believe Expedia; call the hotel directly for information before booking. And talk to Fred because he was a lifesaver for us. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING FRED!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank KaedensPunky

Reviewed July 23, 2009

Room service was very prompt and the food was good. The room was large, and well appointed with a very comfortable bed. While I object to the price of internet access, it worked well.

The restaurant was expensive.

It was a long walk from the elevators to the room. It is a BIG hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank SnowDude
HiltonAnaheim, Marketing at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2009

We are so glad to hear that you had a great trip! Yes, our hotel is gigantic! It is the largest hotel in Los Angeles and Orange County with 1,572 rooms!

You will be happy to hear that the Hilton Anaheim Food Court opened up last week so we now have more choices for your dinning experience. The Food Court includes Sbarro, Baja Fresh Express, Frozen Assets and one more to be determined.

Other food outlets include Mix Restaurant & Lounge and the The Gazebo out on the pool deck.

Reviewed July 22, 2009

Stayed here for a disney vacation with my husband and children. I had researched and read many reviews and was sure it would be a great hotel. We were really disappointed right from the start. Check in was extremely impersonal and not really welcoming or accommodating at all. Don't expect to be able to check in not one minute before 4pm! Rooms are just not ready before this time, apparently. It is a huge hotel with many convention guests staying there, so there are always lots of people around. The lifts are extremely slow and you have to wait a long time.
Finding your room can be a bit daunting as the distance from the lift to the room can be huge (ours was!). The corridors are long, confusing and quite dingy. They are reminisent of hospital corridors and seem to have been left out of the refurbishment.
The rooms themselves are also a real let down. They look much nicer in the photos on their website. However, the beds were comfortable and extra pillows were provided as requested prior to arrival. The bathroom is very small although nice amenities are provided and were restocked every day. There is no fridge in the room which was inconvenient, although I don't think there are many hotels that do.
The distance from the hotel to disneyland is about 20 minutes, which wasn't too bad walking over but walking home after a long day was hard.
Overall, I was expecting a lot more of this hotel considering it has been given a four star rating, and I was let down.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

I'm sorry to hear that you felt you had an impersonal greeting as our guests are our number one priority and our staff are rated one of the best in guest service. I apologize that you did not experience this during your stay.

It sounds like you were here during 2 large conventions. During that time we had an unusual high occupancy with 3-4 people in each room. With 14 floors and 1,572 guest rooms, the 8 guest elevators were definitely getting their share. I'm sorry for any delay you had in getting to and from your room during this time.

Many guests choose to walk to Disneyland as it is 2 blocks from the hotel. It does take about 20 minutes to get inside.

For guests who choose not to walk, the city does provide transportation called the Anaheim Resort Transit. The shuttle will pick you up at the Resort and take you to Disneyland and other local areas. A day pass is $4 for an adult (ages 10 and up) $1 for children (age 3-9) and free for children under 3. I know it is tiring walking back after a long day with children.

I hope you had a magical time at Disneyland with your family!

Reviewed July 16, 2009

'Nuf ced. Room was comfortable, bed was soft, staff was friendly and courteous. Highly recommend this hotel, esp. if you're going to Disneyland.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2009

My mom book this hotel as a present for me after Triple A told us it was a good hotel and also after looking at the ranking on trip advisor, which the reviews were not so bad. This is my experience so you can judge for yourself. I arrived about 23:40 PM at night with my 5 year old girl and they put me in what seemed to nice room. It was a little cold at 65 so I turned up the temperature to 70. The air conditioner went off for a while, which is normal but when it came back on it sounded tat tat tat tat none stop and it was so loud I could not sleep. When I finally called the help desk it was one o’clock in the morning. It took them over a half an hour to answer the phone. They said they could move to another the room. They brought up the key to room and then left without asking me if I needed help. The new room was on the 5th floor on the other side of the hotel. My first room was on the 15th floor. With no help from the hotel I moved all my belongings and my 5 year old daughter to the new room. When I got to the new room I realized the floor was wet near the table between the beds. I was so exhausted I was not in the mood to wait another 30 minutes to go through this again especially since I was planning to get up at 6:30 AM to go to Disneyland with my daughter. I told her not to walk in the area and I am trying to stay away from the wet spot too, though she already had. I am worried now because the wet spot is in a place where someone would vomit if they could not get out of bed. In all fairness it could also be from someone’s spilled coffee and then the cleaned the carpet for that. I asked the guest serviced hoteline for towels to cover up the wet spot on the floor which they gave me. I also asked them for and explanation for why the floor was wet. They have not gotten back to me with this information. I am leaving for Japan the day after tomorrow and I hope the Anehim Hilton has not given my daughter or myself more than bad service and lodging.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank busyguy2009
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I was in Anaheim for a meeting and found this hotel to be the perfect place to stay. The location was hard to beat as it was next door to the convention center and the walk to Disneyland for some post-conference fun was only 15-20 minutes. If you don't want to walk there is an Anaheim shuttle that will get you there.

Hotel staff was fabulous. I arrived at the hotel before 10 am and they still checked me in immediately. Anyone that I dealt with from the hotel was friendly, helpful and very responsive. I called about a toilet that didn't want to stop running and someone was at the room in under 15 minutes to fix the problem.

The hotel bar was packed in the evenings. Seemed to be quite the hip place to be, yet I didn't hear a sound in my room other than the occassional closing door in another room.

They have a nice pool, although it was surprisingly cool in Anaheim when I was there so I didn't get to get in. But it was clean and well maintained. The 2 other decks on that floor were a great place to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning.

Room was large, with all the internet connections you need when traveling for business, and most importantly a good size desk to work at.

My only complaints were the fact that you have to pay almost $20 a day to use the fitness rooms and the view from the room, and that depends on where you end up. My colleague had a view of the pool deck, mine was on the duct work on top of the convention center.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Anna911

We are glad that you had a great stay with us during your convention!

I agree, we were having unusually cool weather in May. Our swimming pool is heated year-round to 80 degrees, so next time you'll have to go for a swim.

The daily rate for the Health Club is $14/day. It is a 25,000 square foot full-service fitness and wellness facility with state of the art equipment, indoor swimming pool, steam room, sauna, group exercise classes, and a full menu of spa services.

The Health Club offers Hilton Fitness by Precor cardio equipment with individual entertainment systems and an extensive selection of new weight training machines and free weights in a contemporary setting.

Reviewed July 12, 2009

We enjoyed our 3 night stay here at the Hilton - the rooms are comfortable - the valet is great - close to disneyland - very pretty hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family